It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lana Del Rey video_intersting biblical tones

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Hello all,

So I was listening to some of this woman's music and this video came on. It's 27 minutes and 08 seconds long, but worth the watch in my opinion. So no spoilers, but pretty much it tells the biblical creation story in a way us modern "ish" humans can relate to, switching the characters. I'd like to know everyone's opinion and interpretation of this video from a conspiracy angle. Is it trying to tell a side of the story that's not talked about much?

There's Jesus, a UFO, heavenly object whizzing past earth, a serpent, possible hints at past life's, talk of paradise lost, etc. I think it has 3 music video's mixed in with the story but it's definitely continuative the whole way through and tells a story. It really gave me chill bumps. Anyway, thanks for any input into the conspiracy angle.

edit on 30-3-2014 by Gumerk because: Clarification

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I've seen the video. I can definitely see the symbolism and all that you are alluding to. There's definitely some deep meaning present

I love Lana Del Rey personally. Her music is really deep and her voice haunts me, gives me "chill bumps" every single time video or not haha.

Anyways, thank you for sharing this. Im interested in the conspiracy angle other members will see in this; there are definitely those much better at deciphering stuff than I.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Haven't seen the video yet but I want to say I really like this woman and her songs are great. I think she has had a hard life and it shows in her songwriting.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Gumerk

There's a few articles posted on the Interwebs discussing this video. Here's one:

The Director Of Lana Del Rey's "Tropico" Film Helps Us Make Sense Of It All

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jrflipjr

Ah, thank you. This is a small piece of that link. It's pretty much what I felt when watching it telling it in a different way, but the details in that link really bring some together.

“We’re essentially retelling the creation of the universe, but by starting with the pop icons of the '50s and '60s, that will recalibrate any sense of the norm. What we were trying to get to was that Adam and Eve are abolished from the Garden and kind of catapulted into this hell on earth, where nobody really does anything,” he says. “You work in a convenience store, you strip for money, you and your friend do each other’s hair and blow smoke into each other’s face and cheer at a lowrider that goes by--nothing really happens. It’s kind of like this ultimate purgatory, and the thing is, there’s not a deeper sense of faith: You don’t feel like there’s this great moral compass--everybody’s just kind of living for the moment, and it’s paper-thin. To me, that’s a fascinating examination of the result of putting pop culture icons as your pantheon of gods.”

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Gumerk

It looks like a glorification of being illuminated, but I'm only about 8 minutes in.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Gumerk

Good ole Mississippi ... Me too.

This video was very strange but intriguing.. I couldn't stop watching it. I listen to her music. I have her CDs in what not. I really enjoy her voice. It's so beautiful to me.

In this video the words she says seems like she's lost and confused and sad. I felt a sadness behind her words and the images of the video.

I think a lot of music videos do illuminati themes.. It's like that's what's cool. Not sure there's any conspiracies behind this video.. It was just a strange one imo..

Thanks for posting it...I had been meaning to watch it, and this thread prompted me to do so.

reply to post by jrflipjr

Hey.. That article was very interesting about the video. I've kinda wondered and thought are we living in purgatory...and we have several life's because we are still evil... That's just my crazy thought for the day ..
edit on 4-4-2014 by natalia because: (no reason given)

join