It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IAEA: Iran Has Not Halted All Nuke Activities

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Maybe ol Clin was on to something last week?

I CAN NOT trust Iran to keep their word......

VIENNA, Austria � Iran (search) has exempted some centrifuges from an agreement to freeze uranium enrichment and related activities, the head of the U.N. atomic watchdog agency said Thursday, suggesting Tehran may intend to roll back its commitments.

Separately, Mohamed Elbaradei (search) said Pakistan has agreed in principle to have his agency inspect some of its own nuclear equipment to test the veracity of Tehran's claims about Iran's nuclear program.

ElBaradei, head of the International Atomic Energy Agency (search), said his inspectors would be able to verify a suspension of all enrichment-related programs "with one exception" � centrifuges that Iran insists are not part of the freeze deal.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   
The goal of the iranians will be just like arab-israel negotiations: talk-talk-stall-stall, no actual progress, they somehow got to manage to sit out the next 4 years, in fact every hour of time that can be bought is critical in bringing them closer to making (more) nukes

I believe that the U.S had set the wrong priority by attacking iraq first instead iran, that's where the real WMD threat might come from

[edit on 27-11-2004 by Countermeasures]

Sep

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
" IRAN confirmed today it was withdrawing a demand to exempt some equipment from a freeze on fuel cycle activities, accepting a full suspension of uranium enrichment.

"I confirm from my side that we have delivered the letter to the IAEA (International Atomic Energy Agency) to confirm that Iran will permit the IAEA to place these components, 20 centrifuges, under agency surveillance," Iranian nuclear negotiator Hossein Moussavian said.

"Iran will not conduct any testing and will discuss further with the EU3 (Britain, Germany and France) in December when discussions for a long-term arrangement (on the freeze) commence."

www.news.com.au...

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 07:11 AM
link   
You know, the iranians are masterfull negotiators,

They will do the talk-stall-while-dividing-allies thing until external pressure allmost reaches critical mass and THEN they will finally give in to the 20 centrifuges demand.

But, maybe they have just been buying spinning time for their other 20? 50? centrifuges that we might not know of (this is just unconfirmed speculation )

Unfortunately this looks la lot like the speculative WMD pretext sold to the public as reason for invading iraq (and wich turned out to be BS and draws suspicion to u.s. corporate motivations, but this time around, it could actually be true)

I don't think people should feel relieved and could go back to sleep just because some centrifuges are sealed or monitored, it's all about intentions and my gutfeeling tells me that the iranians just wait for the right oppertunity or a sleeping eye not looking their way...

[edit on 29-11-2004 by Countermeasures]

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Try this link from today.......

www.spacewar.com...

[edit on 29-11-2004 by DrHoracid]

[edit on 29-11-2004 by DrHoracid]

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 07:26 AM
link   
The IAEA is 'toothless'.
They have no ability to back what they demand.
Please don't even go into "well, they are apart of the UN," cause we all know that the UN is going to do nothing. Reminds me of the saying: "all bark, no bite."

The Iranian's may be "masterful negotiators," but they are still lying. The only goal of Iran is to develop a nuclear weapon. They will not comply with anything, till such a goal is obtained. There is no disputing this.

Hell, if we listen long enough to those "masterful negotiating" Iranian's, they will have us believing that the Saudis have a nuclear device!
Iran: Saudi Arabia has nuclear weapons

We all know its part of the grand game of deception and mis-direction, eh?

seekerof

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   
good for the people of iran ( every nation has the right to Nuclear power )
they should do what noth korea are doing get a few nukes and rub it in bush's face.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
good for the people of iran ( every nation has the right to Nuclear power )
they should do what noth korea are doing get a few nukes and rub it in bush's face.

Comments like this are why we rightwing nuts are going nuts. Handing a loaded "Nuke" to terrorist is insane. Iran is the heart of terrorisim, always has been.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
Comments like this are why we rightwing nuts are going nuts. Handing a loaded "Nuke" to terrorist is insane. Iran is the heart of terrorisim, always has been.

if that was the case why arnt the terrorists armed with bio weapons since Iran seem to be supplying them with money and guns,
wait a min Iran have a limit to what they give
my bad

you want terrorists go to the US OF A
they seem to create them each day in diffrent countries.
as i recall most terrorists were financed by the USA.

with the above said the USA must be the heart of terrorisim
and does that make the USA part of the axis of evil?
forgot they cant be since they invented the word to cover their own as*es

[edit on 29-11-2004 by bodrul]

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I am not suprised one little bit, you know why?

The agreement was Non-Binding

The board of the United Nations nuclear watchdog has approved a resolution welcoming Iran's suspension of sensitive nuclear activities as "a voluntary, non-legally binding, confidence-building measure", a senior diplomat said.

The resolution, significantly softened from an earlier draft version to accommodate Iranian demands, said the International Atomic Energy Agency would verify the suspension.

Passage of the resolution enabled Iran to avoid the threat of being reported to the UN Security Council over its nuclear program.

Tehran denies United States accusations its civilian program is a cover for building a nuclear bomb.

www.abc.net.au...

[edit on 29-11-2004 by BlackJackal]

new topics

top topics

join