It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Store Surveillance Footage shows Ghostly Activity

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

New Hampshire -
A New Hampshire store owner is starting to believe in the supernatural after she had a ghostly encounter in her store that was all caught on tape!

The surveillance video from the Ellacoya Country Store in Gilford NH shows a glass tray thrown from the table after the employees leave the store.

After the tray crashed, a store employee, Heidi Boyde, runs back into the room to investigate and found the glass shattered all over the floor.

Store owner, Steve Buzzota, told WMUR that a ghostly presence has been in the store before. Some people have even ‘felt their shoulder pulled.'

Store Surveillance Footage shows Ghostly Activity

Here`s a link to the Video of the Footage:

Surv eillance Footage

As expected, the more surveillance cameras and phone cameras are filming stuff all over the world, the more of this kind of footage we see. On the downside our tech-advances also mean it gets easier to hoax these kinds of things.

What are ATS Thoughts on this?

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
My thoughts are of course the paranormal is real--the only deniers are the people who haven't had personal experience with those forces lurking just on the other side of the veil. This video won't do anything to convince hardcore skeptics--nor will any others--but it's pure gold for those of us who already know and believe.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating
[mo

hmm that was strange indeed, hard to dismiss as natural with the poor video quality. I personally love the idea of ghosts but find them hard to believe because I have never had an encounter (as much as I want one). Iv'e even looked up haunted places in my area and am thinking of going in the middle of the night if I get the time (and the balls) to do it. Anyone wanna come with me?

edit on 27-3-2014 by Shepard64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I'm not big into the super natural stuff... But that was a little creepy to say the least...

Star and flag.

-SAP-

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by JonButtonIII

Not true. I have had a few run-ins with the "Paranormal" (see my thread (ATS) Shadow People: What do they do), but I'm sketchy about this. The way the bowl moves could be from a string looped on it. I would think that an on scene investigation would be needed before it's called "Paranormal".

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I convinced my kids we had a ghost once when a glass dish sitting on a wet counter moved on its own. Was the counter wet. It was closing time right? Did they wash down the counters at night to remove finger prints and marks from customers?
We had Formica laminate countertops in one store where I worked and it showed every fingerprint. We had to Windex the counter every day. Usually in the morning before we opened. Perhaps this store did it before they closed at night.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Strange indeed.
What could it be..string in some sort of elaborate invisible rube Goldberg type string thing for some unknown purpose...seems a bit of a stretch. will just chalk it up to a mystery and maybe call in proper paranormal investigators.

Wonder what the Scole experiment folks are up to these days.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I guess spirits of the undead have nothing better to do than push an insignificant tray off a counter..spooky lol

Why isnt this footage time and date stamped?

edit on 27-3-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Pretty sure there was a thread on it, trying to find the link.

I postulated after watching it a few times, and seeing the interview where you catch a glimpse of the register, That perhaps it was the stores antitheft device under the counter that caused it.

If they have one (pretty new registers system so they might) and it cycled or triggered, the vibrations could of caused this.

ETA:

For those unfamiliar, scanners, and the anti theft devices, tend to have moving spinning parts.
edit on 27-3-2014 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657
I convinced my kids we had a ghost once when a glass dish sitting on a wet counter moved on its own. Was the counter wet. It was closing time right? Did they wash down the counters at night to remove finger prints and marks from customers?
We had Formica laminate countertops in one store where I worked and it showed every fingerprint. We had to Windex the counter every day. Usually in the morning before we opened. Perhaps this store did it before they closed at night.

I think you will find moving through hydroplaning is a slow consistant movement (based on gravity, other environmental factors)..not still then a sudden violent movement as demonstrated in this clip.

Good to think of answers of course, but best to consider the factors involved before posting I would think. The rapid sudden movement is clearly by force and not lack of friction

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

PhoenixOD
I guess spirits of the undead have nothing better to do than push an insignificant tray off a counter..spooky lol

1) What makes you think it was a "spirit"?
2) What makes you believe a spirit is of the undead?
3) what allows you to understand the mindset of whatever it was?
4) why do you believe it is insignificant?
5) Why the laugh?

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

benrl

I postulated after watching it a few times, and seeing the interview where you catch a glimpse of the register, That perhaps it was the stores antitheft device under the counter that caused it.

If they have one (pretty new registers system so they might) and it cycled or triggered, the vibrations could of caused this.

ETA:

For those unfamiliar, scanners, and the anti theft devices, tend to have moving spinning parts.

I don't know about such equipment, so I am ignorant there. but would it suddenly going off cause such violent movement, but keep everything else in close proximity not moving at all? Seems anything else in the area should at least tremble a bit if it can blast a glass container off like that...

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Ghost hunters to investigate store

Thread about this video.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

SaturnFX

benrl

ETA:

I don't know about such equipment, so I am ignorant there. but would it suddenly going off cause such violent movement, but keep everything else in close proximity not moving at all? Seems anything else in the area should at least tremble a bit if it can blast a glass container off like that...

Certainly could of, they sometimes randomly trigger, work enough retail and you will see it.

Especialy the demagnitizers, they vibrate a bit more than scanners, if they have one it could certainly make enough vibration to move on unattended item on a smooth surface.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

1) I dont but it seems that it is what other people are assuming.
2) As far as i know most ghosts are supposed to be dead.
3) I was being sarcastic, there probably is no mindset just a more mundane explanation.
4) Well a tray isnt the most exciting or special objects in the world.
5) because people see something not easily explainable and try to attach meaning to it by assuming its something to do with a mythical phenomenon.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

benrl

SaturnFX

benrl

ETA:

Certainly could of, they sometimes randomly trigger, work enough retail and you will see it.

Especialy the demagnitizers, they vibrate a bit more than scanners, if they have one it could certainly make enough vibration to move on unattended item on a smooth surface.

Maybe. If some investigators show up to find out if casper is involved, they can test that hypothesis first.
You ever done paranormal investigations? all good teams need a couple skeptics to try and debunk as much stuff as possible so not to waste time.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

SaturnFX

Maybe. If some investigators show up to find out if casper is involved, they can test that hypothesis first.
You ever done paranormal investigations? all good teams need a couple skeptics to try and debunk as much stuff as possible so not to waste time.

They are having the Ghost hunters show come look, which to me, says publicity stunt.

If they where seriously concerned I would of assumed they would of contacted some local investigator to check it out, instead they went to the news and Ghost hunters.

Either way, All it would take is an EMF detector near a register, and it would go mad, the demagnitizers generate massive electric interference when they are on.

Id be interested to see if they "discover" the device, or use it as a plot point that "this desk is haunted"

I am not saying though I don't believe in the paranormal, just that most I see can readily be explained with mundane causes, and no I have never done any ghost hunting, my interest tend not to fall along those lines.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

PhoenixOD
reply to post by SaturnFX

1) I dont but it seems that it is what other people are assuming.

Well, a ghost is more of an abbreviated explanation to suggest some unknown force. I personally have had a ghost experience..profound experience, but I don't demand that a ghost is X, Y, and Z...it is simply a good description that portrays the experience.

2) As far as i know most ghosts are supposed to be dead.

Well, that's the thing about the unknown...you don't know..therefore, suggesting a ghost is your passed aunt agnis is about as valid as suggesting its demons, invisible people, cloaked aliens, atomic creatures, etc...its whatever pop culture reference you choose to go with..or you can simply suggest its something unknown.

3) I was being sarcastic, there probably is no mindset just a more mundane explanation.

But wouldn't it be more fruitful to try and think of plausible mundane explanations than use sarcasm to humiliate a simple observation and consideration? People often use sarcasm to hide their ignorance. I don't think you are fully ignorant on the subject mind you, but clearly you dismiss something simply based on a belief system moreso than any proper suggestion.

4) Well a tray isnt the most exciting or special objects in the world.

In your mind.
but what was the tray for?
What if you died of cancer (lets go with the living spirit ghost hypothesis), there was a tray in front of the store your mother or whatever worked at, the tray was a donation for cancer research which in your afterlife you found out was actually a front organization for drug companies to purposefully slow research into cure finding...it may tick you off and you would perhaps want to send a message to mom that is meaningful to her, a small degree of vengeance for you, etc.
Basically, you seen it as meaningless and not special. I can of course counter that just as valid with very meaningful and special movements.
But both of us are simply speculating..which doesn't do anything to help the matter.
Basically, the moral of the story is don't dismiss things as not special or meaningful just because its not to you specifically.

5) because people see something not easily explainable and try to attach meaning to it by assuming its something to do with a mythical phenomenon.

This is true...and slightly annoying as it muddies the waters.
However, you probably shouldn't counter it by countering that with the exact opposite...seeing something strange and automatically having the belief (belief as in religious version..without evidence to support) that it is nothing extraordinary regardless. Good to have a open and skeptical mindset...look for the answers verses belittle the hypothesis simply on your belief.

Not hammering you btw, but the world doesn't need another sarcastic cynic. a open minded skeptic is more valueable.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

benrl
They are having the Ghost hunters show come look, which to me, says publicity stunt.

Possibly. the GH shows are just that...shows. and the TAPS people have been caught in fabrication, so they are entertainment only sadly. Guess you gotta fill the time with something. May have started genuine, but it morphed into sensation and not wanting to be cancelled over quality evidence

Either way, All it would take is an EMF detector near a register, and it would go mad, the demagnitizers generate massive electric interference when they are on.

But magnetics wouldn't have much of an effect on glass, would it?

and no I have never done any ghost hunting, my interest tend not to fall along those lines.

Agreed, often it is mundane stuff.
I have interest in the subject. I have given up trying to find rational answers for my experiences, but now am interested to see if what my experiences are is at all common.so, I have a interest overall. May accidentally come across some new findings though for my situations that allow me to have a better insight.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

SaturnFX

But magnetics wouldn't have much of an effect on glass, would it?

Not the magnetic field no, That would cause the EMF detectors in the show to go off in that area though.

What would effect the glass is the spinning of the motors in those two types of devices, laser scanners that read upc, do spin, and have some vibration, very small though.

The one IM thinking about would be the under the desk demagnitizer, if its there, its usally under the counter, and can trigger if it detects an RF sensor tag near by, if the glass had one, and wasn't near enough.

Well it would continue to cycle until it had it, Ive also had ones activate randomly, from the sensetive nature of the device.

BTW its the thing when you buy something they tend to rub it against, some are more powerful than others, so its all speculative but worth a look at least.

ETA:

The vibrations from the machine triggers trying to demagnetize, could of caused the glass to slide, is what I am getting at.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join