It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minnesota teen wins settlement after school takes Facebook password

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by kathat

Why lower yourself to their scumbag level? If you make a fake, you've thrown you're own integrity through a shredder for the convenience of the moment. Just as they have, it's choosing what feels right over what IS right.

Just my two cents...but if we don't stand UP...we will be stood ON...and the fact one of those two things will happen is just a fact of nature, IMO.

Why? For the money ofcourse, profit! I could retire on that.

if the system is setup in a way that opens that door to making money from bad company / government practices, so be it.

If you dont want people to make money of that kind of stupidity, dont do it.

Bleed them dry is what I think.

edit on 27-3-2014 by kathat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by kathat

Money over Integrity.

Yes... I'm aware of how often that is the choice of people today. I'd weep over it....if I thought it would do the least bit of good.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by kathat

Money over Integrity.

Yes... I'm aware of how often that is the choice of people today. I'd weep over it....if I thought it would do the least bit of good.

Yeah like I need a yanky / company / government to lecture me on integrity.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by kathat

There is no lecture involved, of any kind. You made the choice, by the statement in your own words and hand. I simply commented on the trend it joins across society as a whole.

Right to the very top of leadership of both political and business, integrity (or the ability to maintain the right thing, even when it's wrong for personal benefits and outcomes) is something almost unseen and unheard of these days. The very concept is ridiculed and made light of...by those in society who have no true concept of what it means to live, in experience.

Take, as the thread is actually about, this girl at the public school. I don't think less of her....She knew only what she'd been taught at that age. She had only the integrity she's been raised to believe is important or meaningful to forming a good person. In other words..in this day and age? She can not be faulted for how completely average her response was. (Better hurry tho...no one is that tolerant when she hits 18)

It's the people in authority above her which were totally and absolutely bankrupt in integrity. They got butt hurt over comments about a teacher's aid, so, in the best traditions of our modern times, they tossed principle out the school window and ignored everything about individual rights ...and unlike the girl, they don't get an ignorance pass. They DO know better.

So what is it which makes one adult say NO while another says "but but but..we HAVE TO!"? That little inner compass that says...personal benefit is fleeting, while the ability to look in a mirror without disgust is a life long condition.

The people this girl had intimidate her into violating her own rights? They would be the embodiment of our lack of values or even a sense of purpose ..over the expediency of pursuing whatever feels good at the moment.
edit on 27-3-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Metallicus

How did they get the password? More Importantly.. I wonder how many other students have fallen victim to these actions?

Freedom of speach has no age limit That girl can say what ever she wants.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join