It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A frank look at how the US helped fund the Ukraine troubles

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I agree! The U.S. should be backing the Ukraine, at least, when the Eu and former Soviet nations also step up....at least more than they have so far.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Giving aid funding is now a bad thing?

USA has a huge GDP so what if they gave a few hundred mil to the Ukraine?

I bet the USA has helped many countries in need over the years, it wasnt malicious.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Giving aid funding is now a bad thing?

I don't know. I have my opinions of course, and strong ones. However, does the direct line item'ed support of specific political groups constitute a material breach of Article 3 of the Memorandum on Security? That document seems to be the rough line of reason being used to justify getting our back up with a basis to point to. Hence..why finding all this struck me as "say what?!".

We can't say it's 100% internal and the will of the people....when those leading the people from within are on the payrolls of the U.S. State Department and USAID grants. It kinda tears the heart of out the 'spontaneous drive for change' as a strictly popular movement.

To put it another way...It's hard to throw rocks when we live in a Crystal Palace of our own making.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I like your post. the U.S. has changed and not in a good direction. Most of this is domestic. At least, damage-wise. The rest of the world is, I believe, is more in a wait and see mode, and not making any long term moves one way or the other these days.

Other than Putin.

Even China and N.K. and Iran are not taking liberties right now.

The move by Putin was set up long before now. (my pet peeve is the ABM betrayal and also my reasoning for the U.S. owing support for the Ukraine, not "monies given".) The old Soviets called Ukrainians, "Lesser Russians". a diminutive and a compliment-no other ethnicity received the status of "Russian"-it's centuries old. Mixed with Cossacks, Tartars, Poles. Borders changing-as well as rulers- is almost a tradition. LOL.

In other words, it's never been stable...ever. Not the U.S.'s doing....

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by yorkshirelad

As for Putin, Jesus H don't any of you read history books! That's a hint.

History books have no more credibility than the MSM...

It's well known that "History" HAS been erased and tampered with.

History is an extremely effective form of mind control.

"History is a pack of lies about events that never happened told by people who weren't there." ~ George Santayana

"History is more or less bunk." ~ Henry Ford

"The falsification of history has done more to impede human development than any one thing known to mankind" - Rousseau

“the biggest cover-up in the history of mankind is the history of mankind itself”

“There are two histories: official history, lying, and then secret history, where you find the real causes of events.” ~ Honoré de Balzac

The Illuminati realized they had to deceive an entire population of people if they had any hope whatsoever of achieving their coveted New World Order. As early as 1911, the Illuminati began buying textbook writing companies, until they owned them all after World War I. Once they got control of textbooks, they gradually began to "dumb down" the curricula and rewrite history. Rewriting history was the first step in achieving the New World Order. Source

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
$ 5 billion paper and numbers in computers and U.S. Army combat psychostimulants kill 100 peoples , the new government in Kiev went to the U.S. $ 27 billion of real gold, Ukraine never not back them . you U.S. citizens have not become richer by penny question where the gold? keep track of and you get off at the other predatory species within humanity and aliens

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by nwtrucker

Likewise, I don't think we will find ALL the spending the USA did in Ukraine if the CIA or similar was involved at all. I'd even argue that the USA is better at hiding it egregious spending than Russia is. Russia just says "f*(k off it's none of your business" or lies, where America has turned Black Budget financing and spending into an art form.

nwtrucker
In other words, it's never been stable...ever. Not the U.S.'s doing....

BUT, the USA is very good at exploiting unstable regions. Finding the right people to push things in a direction that benefits the "agenda" the most.
edit on 23-3-2014 by WCmutant because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
What I see as suspicious is certain points of "interest" that get the "funding".

One is the category of "Child Survival and health". The drop-off of that funding ?
As high as $8 million in 2006 and then a total 0 in 2009 and after but "re-named" "Global Health and Child Survival" with massive increases in funding.

Another is the excessive amounts for "Nonproliferation, Anti-Terrorism, Demining and related".

One more is the sudden drop in 2011 of "Department of Defense Security Assistance" after a massive increase in 2010.

The chart of figures smells of "Funded Control" mechanisms.

Also ringing bells is the massive increases in general starting in 2009.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Thank you for the detailed info on this. Because it's been very conflicting in the media and alt news sourcing as well as to who are involved in what. While they hype the news playing sides at times, they ignore it in entity. US funding displayed, It parallels the link of funding from articles, from Soros to the Ebay founder's contribution-still would say, slightly in speculation-.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   
All of those NGO's who claim to work for our "national interests" sure are good at
overthrowing "unfriendly" governments.All in our name of course and shame on those like the OP for even suggesting otherwise!! LOL! Great thread S&F for you.

edit on 033131p://5626 by mike dangerously because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

On tonight, live from 10PM Eastern time!

Show thread with listening information

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I came across this to add for new information and to support the topic in the show.

National Endowment For Democracy

What this shows are all the various programs related to the above source and a good summary (which is what this adds) to each program or receiving group's name.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

You do realize alot of this aid was during the Clinton administration. He actually gave huge expenditures starting in 97. His first aid package started with 900 million of which Russia got 241.5 million Ukraine received 225 million and Armenia was next with 80 million the rest went to other former soviet bloc countries. Again the next year he again allocated more money. Now at first Russia had no problem with this since of course they were getting money to. It changed in 2012 when Putin decided to ban US aid to Russia partly because of a group who was receiving US funds for years prior started bringing up human rights abuses in Russia specifically the work camps. Than legislation started being passed that restricted foreign aid effectively ending democratic institutions in Russia. This move basically allowed the communist party and several right wing groups to start gaining power in Russia.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Check the dates..and they are specific. This isn't the 1990's. This money was spent, sent and delivered within the past few years. The groups it was delivered to are listed by name, date, and by dollars in specific amounts. It's as detailed as one could ever hope to find on a thing like this, and it's as damning as a big finger of guilt pointing right back at those who funded the Coup that started this whole thing.

I put a little work into this specifically to convey how recent, narrow, and outright beyond the scope of things like the Budapest Memorandum On Security this actually was (Section 3, the whole segment applies).

I have no idea how Russia was pushing from the other side these same years. They very likely were..and it takes two for a mess like this. Gazprom sure has been pushing for at least 2 years I've followed in general headlines, before Ukraine became a MAJOR story to dominate them.

..but the important part some seem to forget on this. It does take two, and we were that second party.

The dollars and cents are all there....in their ugly truth. Russia used force and subterfuge. The United States used money. Neither is any better for having broken the agreement linked above between the principle nations.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000

Check the dates..and they are specific. This isn't the 1990's. This money was spent, sent and delivered within the past few years. The groups it was delivered to are listed by name, date, and by dollars in specific amounts. It's as detailed as one could ever hope to find on a thing like this, and it's as damning as a big finger of guilt pointing right back at those who funded the Coup that started this whole thing.

I put a little work into this specifically to convey how recent, narrow, and outright beyond the scope of things like the Budapest Memorandum On Security this actually was (Section 3, the whole segment applies).

I have no idea how Russia was pushing from the other side these same years. They very likely were..and it takes two for a mess like this. Gazprom sure has been pushing for at least 2 years I've followed in general headlines, before Ukraine became a MAJOR story to dominate them.

..but the important part some seem to forget on this. It does take two, and we were that second party.

The dollars and cents are all there....in their ugly truth. Russia used force and subterfuge. The United States used money. Neither is any better for having broken the agreement linked above between the principle nations.

Oh i agree but keep in mind alot of people think US aid is strickly the government its not. Us appropriations go through congress. But we have Billionaires thinking Soros here that funnels millions through US Aid. He does this through various democratic groups and in fact in the past was blatantly honest as to why. Much of his funding is to manipulate governments into democracy. Theres two interviews i read on this from him ill have to find them. Interesting part is what we assume is US funded aid actually isnt its Soros funded Aid.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   

I'd be very interested in reading what you have on that and how, if at all, they have it working around to actually funding State and USAID budgetary accounts? That's where this money came from and the line item version of the federal budget is where all this ultimately comes out in this instance. Quite a bit of cross checking went into the OP, and of course that was a base touched on.

It wouldn't surprise me if there were avenues for the Mega-Wealthy to influence other Governments through a primary world power though.

Heck, the U.S. literally helped form and majority funded the World Bank and IMF. I suppose that says a great deal, eh?

In a passing thought on all this? Some cultures mix religion and Government and it has mixed results, to be realistic. The West freely mixes commerce (BIG Commerce) and Government in a similar way and extent, and I'd say the results are just about as mixed for the effort...albeit for very different problems in outcome, of course. It's no better for overall suffering across a population though, whatever named system is mixing those lines.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   
HERE is the organization involved it gets deep especially in the world of SOROS and his NGOS.

UA works to develop projects concerning European and Euro-Atlantic integration in Ukraine. They also state that they coordinate the New Citizen Public Campaign, a grouping of around 40 other NGO’s. Some of these organizations include:

“the Crimean Association of Free Journalists, National Environmental NGO (NGO) "Mama-86" advertising agency "Atlant-YuEmSi" Internews Ukraine, Democratic Initiatives Foundation, Ukrainian Center for Independent Political Research, Civil Campaign "youth custody for young people watching you! "Debate Academy, NGO Masters of Public Administration" Elite State ", NGO" Ukrainian strategy ", social activist Alexei Pogorelov, Suspilnist Foundation, NGO" Centre UA »,« Bukvoid "Independent Media Trade Union of Ukraine, Institute of Political Education Institute of the media branch of "Foundation of Regional Initiatives", European Association of Ukrainians, the Committee of Voters of Ukraine, Centre for Public Expertise Institute of Media Law, "My! Elections ", East Center for Civic Initiatives" Total Action for Human Rights and Democracy ", Ukrainian Helsinki Human Rights, National University of" Kyiv-Mohyla Academy ", Ukrainian Reform Education Center, Civic Initiative" Europe without Barriers "Portal citizen journalism "Highway, www.nam.org.ua... , project online voting golosuemo.net... , All-Ukrainian NGO "Democracy, Freedom, Fairness," GO "UkrProstir", International Youth organization "AIESEC Ukraine". www.newcitizen.org.ua”

According to Center UA’s 2012 annual report, 54 percent of its funding came from Pact Inc., a project founded by USAID (an agency of the State Department which is in turn funded by Congress). Other funding came from eBay founder Pierre Omidyar, the International Renaissance Foundation (funded by George Soros), and the National Endowment for Democracy (funded by US Congress.) An interesting note on Omidyar, he controls the only two people with complete access to Edward Snowden’s NSA cache.

I'd be very interested in reading what you have on that and how, if at all, they have it working around to actually funding State and USAID budgetary accounts? That's where this money came from and the line item version of the federal budget is where all this ultimately comes out in this instance. Quite a bit of cross checking went into the OP, and of course that was a base touched on.

It wouldn't surprise me if there were avenues for the Mega-Wealthy to influence other Governments through a primary world power though.

Heck, the U.S. literally helped form and majority funded the World Bank and IMF. I suppose that says a great deal, eh?

In a passing thought on all this? Some cultures mix religion and Government and it has mixed results, to be realistic. The West freely mixes commerce (BIG Commerce) and Government in a similar way and extent, and I'd say the results are just about as mixed for the effort...albeit for very different problems in outcome, of course. It's no better for overall suffering across a population though, whatever named system is mixing those lines.

Heres a part of it but ill still look for those interviews.

www.veteransnewsnow.com...
edit on 6/17/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Thank you! I very much appreciate that.

It notes quite a bit more about Soros than I would have guessed and at least gives me a direction to hop off into at some point for tracking down more information.

I notice it also notes the Sate Department "handpicked" the people forming and leading the Coup that changed power in Kiev. I'm not sure I give them quite that much credit. Not because they have some good qualities to prevent them, but this effort actually worked and that isn't a common end state for things the State Department gets into these days.

It looks like smoke with a lot more fire to find in researching though. Just what I love to dive into.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Thank you! I very much appreciate that.

It notes quite a bit more about Soros than I would have guessed and at least gives me a direction to hop off into at some point for tracking down more information.

I notice it also notes the Sate Department "handpicked" the people forming and leading the Coup that changed power in Kiev. I'm not sure I give them quite that much credit. Not because they have some good qualities to prevent them, but this effort actually worked and that isn't a common end state for things the State Department gets into these days.

It looks like smoke with a lot more fire to find in researching though. Just what I love to dive into.

Heres there website but talk about a rabbit hole yeah i couldnt help it..

centreua.org...

Figured id show you this as well

About George Soros

George Soros is a businessman and philanthropist, who has dedicated himself to the promotion of an open and flourishing civil society. George Soros is chairman and founder of Soros Fund Management and of the Open Society Institute and Soros foundations network, whose philanthropic organisations are active in more than 50 countries, building and supporting institutions for an open society. George Soros is also a former member of the Board of Directors of the Council on Foreign Relations and a founding member of The Phoenix Group, an organisation which supports the creation of left-leaning think tanks. George Soros has received honorary doctoral degrees from the University of Oxford, the Budapest University of Economics and Yale University, and is the author of many books – including The Bubble of American Supremacy: Correcting the Misuse of American Power (2003), Open Society: Reforming Global Capitalism (2000), and :The Crisis of Global Capitalism: Open Society Endangered (1998). He has also co-authored a book on the philosophy of Karl Popper, whom he cites as an important influence on his life work. Soros’ first philanthropic efforts were in 1979, when he aided black students attending the University of Cape Town in apartheid South Africa; he has subsequently contributed to countless projects, including Georgia’s Rose Revolution and the campaign to defeat George W. Bush in America’s 2004 election.

www.opendemocracy.net...

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 6/17/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   
PS dont mean to sidetrack you ive been watching Soros for a while and he has his hand in almost every revolution hes even invested in Syria and egypt amd libya control the media you control the people.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join