It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EPA To Regulate Bullet Emissions From Private Firearms

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
So that's what the article reads...I think the website which this was referenced from may be one of those not approved sites to be shared on ATS. You can easily look up the title to find the link..
www.liveleak.com...

"The Environmental Protection Agency announced today that it would take action
to regulate the emissions that occur when a firearm is discharged. The current proposal
calls for ammunition sold to private individuals to meet minimum clean air standards by
mid 2016, and even stricter standards by the year 2021. Richard Shuckers, spokesperson for the EPA said "it's imperative that this agency take action to minimize a source of pollution that most haven't considered to be detrimental to air quality."
Shuckers also stated that currently, there are no plans to regulate emissions for ammunition used by the military or law enforcement agencies. He further added "the amount of ammunition discharged annually in the US by the public adds a measurable decrease to air quality, especially in urban areas where gang violence not only takes lives, but aggravates breathing problems that children and the elderly may already have.""

"Cathy Munoz, Vice President of Let The Children Breathe, told us that her group has
suspected that the burning of explosive powders in ammunition were a detriment to healthy air, but the money for research was lacking until recently. Munoz stated LTCB received funding in January to conduct live research trials and were astonished to find that
even .22 shells pose a threat to air quality. She went on to say "People have no idea the pollutant that are release when firing guns. Not only could a person die, but their asthma could be aggravated as well.""

Could this argument even be remotely legit? Why not focus on the military/police...what will states do around the 4th of July?
Just seems so silly that we have people in government who clearly are justifying their agency/jobs to come up with this slop..

edit on Wed Mar 19 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: source and tags added IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
is this just a way to hit company coffers and weigh down government pockets a little more? i just cant see how this would effect the little guy, probably going to have a limit that if you fire over then you pay taxes on it.

I CAN SEE this making the price of ammunition SKY ROCKET and possible "Dirty ammo" raids taking out stockpiles?

i read an article not long ago that claimed guns wouldnt ever be able to be truly controlled based on the number already out there but if ammo got very expensive and rare it would just about do the same thing. this the first steps down that road?

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Just wait till they figure out the connection to Baked Beans and flatulence! There are just so many things wrong with their argument it's actually funny!

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Seriously? This is an Onion story right? Haha maybe they can start regulating Budgie droppings after they get the gunpowder polluters under control.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Kukri

i read it on the page thats got leaks of the live kind. idk if this is the site that shall go unnamed refereed to in the OP but that's where i found it
edit on 19-3-2014 by mindseye1609 because: period

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Aha, just one of the hoax sources? rofl.. punk'd again.. React first, that's my usual..

I wonder just what they are trying to provoke with ridiculous things like this.

The EPA has zero authority to regulate bullet gasses. I know a lot of authority figures are now just assuming authority to do anything they want.. These arrogant schemes like this need to be put 6 feet into the dirt

Even if a hoax, they really have been pushing the envelope against citizens and themselves, to the obscene degree.. the disease that these types of agendas represent might already be terminal anyway..
edit on 19-3-2014 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

mindseye1609
reply to post by Kukri

i read it on the page thats got leaks of the live kind. idk if this is the site that shall go unnamed refereed to in the OP but that's where i found it
edit on 19-3-2014 by mindseye1609 because: period

So freaking funny on ATS...on the money my friend..

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

No didn't react first...looked it up but given the time in which is was posted it could be new news...give it a day to flush it out...I enjoy reading stuff on ATS first so I was hoping to contribute just that...if I was duped so be it..

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mindseye1609

Aha that would explain this story. Almost as funny as the Onion. Actually after reading that other thread about that fraudster I can believe the EPA would be stupid/arrogantenough to actually try something like this. It boggles the mind really.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

.......I just came back from taking another shot of tequila and laughing ..... this is the single funniest thing I have read in a very long time.

not just here on ATS but in general.....funniest thing......there needs to be a new thing where we all vote on funniest threads on ATS......cuz this would win!!!!

thanks OP

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

chrismarco
reply to post by alienreality

No didn't react first...looked it up but given the time in which is was posted it could be new news...give it a day to flush it out...I enjoy reading stuff on ATS first so I was hoping to contribute just that...if I was duped so be it..

Nah, I meant "me" haha I usually react first

Whenever some shocking thing against freedom is happening I get like that, shell shock..

Edit to add: Imagine if this is all a ruse set up by the real rotten ones, to get a majority laughing at these, then while a bunch of false and ridiculous stories circulate, they quetiy pass new laws or regulations that are just as bad..

Pays to be on guard.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
So we only get to shoot pellet guns in 2021 as those will be the only ones that pass the emissions.
Now, I suppose if we fart when we are hunting that will be an automatic ticket...emissions are restricted.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

UxoriousMagnus

.......I just came back from taking another shot of tequila and laughing ..... this is the single funniest thing I have read in a very long time.

not just here on ATS but in general.....funniest thing......there needs to be a new thing where we all vote on funniest threads on ATS......cuz this would win!!!!

thanks OP

You need to file for a tax break!! Using your liver to process that liquid poison is worth $100/shot. If they ask why ... you tell 'em where you heard it (just not from who).

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Kukri
Seriously? This is an Onion story right? Haha maybe they can start regulating Budgie droppings after they get the gunpowder polluters under control.

They might want to start with DC, there's more BS in that air than there ever has been in all the farming states combined.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   

minkmouse
Just wait till they figure out the connection to Baked Beans and flatulence! There are just so many things wrong with their argument it's actually funny!

Thanks for the laugh. Shhh, I like the magical fruit. I was actually farting in my avatar when my GF was taking pics riding on the Inlet... I just ran with it, lol

I think they should worry about bad breath. That crap smells and pollutes *chews gum*

In all seriousness, I think that the US military will not have their stock piles of ammo depleted by 2016. I do not see a change anytime soon to reduce gun powder emissions IMO. It just gets more out of hand doesn't it? I, myself will be using old pollutable ammo for my stash for the next 5 years. Let me guess, they'll do a house to house search in 2017 to claim all "dangerous" and "outdated" ammo from gun users.
edit on 19-3-2014 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-3-2014 by AK907ICECOLD because: Spelling

edit on 19-3-2014 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-3-2014 by AK907ICECOLD because: Can't spell to save my life

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
This has to be part of an agenda to increase the price of ammunition...

There's just no way that there is actually enough emission to truly make an impact or even genuinely concern environmentalists...
I mean, hell...I have NEVER even heard anyone suggest this...and I've known some real tree huggers
(not that there's anything really wrong with that...everything in moderation).

This has to be someone simply following orders & executing a plan that sounds like the brain-child of a committee on how to increase ammo prices.

Sad thing is that it's going to work if this actually happens.

ETA:

Come on man...this has got to be a joke...is this a satire piece?
Just look at this quote:

researchers feel the solution to the problem would be to equip firearms with a catalytic converter. Even older weapons could be retrofitted. We are going to go a step further and add a muffler to the firearm to cut down on noise during drive by shootings in cities." Read more at www.liveleak.com...

That sounds like a joke...there's no way the ATF would be ok with unregulated sound suppression devices for gang-bangers...
edit on 19-3-2014 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I kinda find this hard to believe.

All over our beautiful state, evil people are actively unhooking and stealing air conditioning units with many pounds of Freon(R) in them. Of course, dismantling these copper and aluminum devices cause releases of Freon(R) into the air - creating, according to the EPA, some serious air pollution. Many of these evil ones are caught and prosecuted for just the theft.

The EPA has yet to prosecute anyone for releasing Freon(R) into the atmosphere.

I doubt seriously they will pursue this...

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by AK907ICECOLD

Thanks for the laugh. Shhh, I like the magical fruit

Don't you mean the "musical fruit?"
I figured, I'd better chime in. I'm kind of an expert on the subject.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DenyFlatulence

Damn it. LOL Yes you are right. That was pretext working efficiently for you. It works well after a few drinks, but I'm sober as a bird.

No excuses. Thank you for the correction.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Snarl

UxoriousMagnus

thanks OP

You need to file for a tax break!! Using your liver to process that liquid poison is worth $100/shot. If they ask why ... you tell 'em where you heard it (just not from who).

if they had tax write offs for tequila....I would be in good shape! Maybe could even afford my Obamacare.

they could implement tax write offs for funny threads like this one too!! Everyone wins!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join