It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Saved From Submerged Car Credits God’s Grace For the Rescue…

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
and Prepares to Sue His First Responders

A Colorado man who was rescued from his submerged car by first responders now claims, via his lawyer, that it was something else that saved him: grace, presumably of the divine kind.

And he’s getting ready to sue the people who pulled him to safety – because he says they took too long to show up.
A Broomfield man who was rescued from his submerged car during the September floods has filed papers indicating he might sue his rescuers and first responders.

Roy Ortiz was rescued by North Metro Fire Rescue District and others who responded to the scene after his car was washed off the road on Sept. 12. He says crews took too long to respond to the accident after he became trapped in his upside-down car near the intersection of U.S. 287 and Dillon Road in Lafayette.

… [Lawyer Ed] Ferszt stated Ortiz survived “by pure grace.”

The legal document filed by Ferszt, called a government immunity notice, is a standard precursor to suing a government agency. Ferszt names Boulder County sheriff’s deputies, firefighters, and a member of the regional dive team.

The incident happened during floods that swept the region.

Patheos

OK well this pretty poor form IMO. He finds fault in his actual physical rescuers for not being fast enough to his liking yet gives credit to God for sparing his life from what is incidentally considered to be an act of God.

Sure dude blames the people who saved his butt and thanks the one who got you into the mess in the first place.

I honestly can't understand some people rational sometimes. This reminds me of the girl who recently sued her parents.

Does anyone think this will make the news? My other question is why do people seem to thank God when something goes right but blame the world when it goes wrong?

If a train crashed killed everyone, but a single person someone would inexplicably claim it was a miracle they survived "by the grace of", but never blame that entity for allowing such a horrendous event in the first place?

I am sure someone can explain.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
They shopuld put him back and tell him to ask for God to save him again.

Bloody idiot he is, thank the actual people who saved you eh?.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Did he ever think that maybe it was god's will that took the responders so long? I guess god didn't send them soon enough for this guy.

This won't make it very far in the courts, the idea is ludicrous and the guy is obviously just looking to make some money.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
His Creator/Higher Self and Family did indeed see him safe. And for your information, its rather normal procedure to look for survivors before towing the car out of the water....Just saying!

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

So you credit a creator for his rescue but that same creator gets a pass for causing the circumstances where he needed rescue?

That system is rigged I say.

edit on 16-3-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Yes, every moment of our lives is watched over, and Family works behind the scenes to get us through, not always to live however, for sometimes it doesnt end this way, but for us to grow up more, and what is most important for our soul and why we're here, the tests or soul purpose we came for. Sometimes people are harming themselves and others, or asleep at the wheel and spinning into negativity and our lose touch with grace or providence. Sometimes at the darkest moment however, we hit bottom and are rebounding up, and They're there. This is a testing ground/school, very well managed. Free will does exist in it, and its been hijacked by some dark hat elites, who are very regressed consciousness, but its up to us to rise up to the occasion, and also to look within, ask questions and have love, gratitude and thanks for the help we do receive constantly.

And when its my child or yours trapped in a vehicle, and they forgot to check for survivors, so the person is alive by the skin of their teeth, or could easily have drowned, you'd question the protocols as well, eh!

This post pretty much describes what I believe:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Why are you saying they forgot to check for survivors he happened to be the last one to be rescued out of the three people in the car, but somebody has to go last. It wasn't that they didn't check it was he wasn't easily seen. It was a flood with flowing water. The records indicate rescuers had him out of the car in just a little more than an hour after the 911 call was received.

It was gods will to put his life in danger so unless he is suing the rescue team for going against gods will and saving his butt then he is going after the wrong party for the circumstances.

I don't know why you keep going on about his family they didn't save his life. The rescue team did. Fire Departments don’t have a legally enforceable responsibility to rescue him at all, much less on his timeline.

edit on 16-3-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   
His legal representation must be..
Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Lawwww!!!

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Even the people that believe in God seem to know what a raging, vengeful a-hole he can be.

That and he apparently likes sports and has favourite teams.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Why do some Christians thank God when they are saved and others die? It comes from one of the most diabolical heresies in the history of Christianity: Calvinism. Basically it extends to "God is in control of everything in this world, everything that happens is His will". Absolute hogswallop! There is another part of Christianity that realizes that whilst God is ultimately in control of the outcome, we are currently in a fight against the bad effects of chaos and to add to the mix is the free will of humanity.

Ecclesiastes 9:11,12 I realized another thing, that in this world fast runners do not always win the races, and the brave do not always win the battles. The wise do not always earn a living, intelligent people do not always get rich, and capable people do not always rise to high positions. Bad luck happens to everyone. You never know when your time is coming. Like birds suddenly caught in a trap, like fish caught in a net, we are trapped at some evil moment when we least expect it.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
As I said in my thread about this, they should award his illegal ass deportment back to Mexico

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

I agree. Sorry I didn't realize there was a thread on this.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

you can have more then one thread bro

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Yeah I know I am just saying if I had seen yours I would have just posted there.

Seems no one wants to talk about either direction the threads have gone. OH well threads are funny. The ones I think will just be "meh" usually get the most attention and the opposite applies.

I just don't understand how the guy blames the people who saved his life. Maybe they should put him back where they found him.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

I agree 100%, only thing is he's not the first person to sue his rescuers. I saw it down in Florida. Old woman drives off a bridge, and isnt found for 3 days. When they finally find her, she SUES the Ft Lauderdale fire dept because they didnt find her fast enough!!!

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. -- Tillie Tooter made headlines two years ago when she was rescued after being trapped upside down in her car for several days. Now she's suing the people who saved her.

Her attorney, Terry Rosenblum (pictured), believes the Florida Highway Patrol, Fort Lauderdale police and Fort Lauderdale Fire Rescue had information that should have led them to rescue Tooter sooner.

The initial 911 call led troopers to a spot a mile from where Tooter's car went over a concrete barrier, but Rosenblum says a second call should have zeroed them in. "'I saw a car flip over the guardrail and spark.' That call was taken by Fort Lauderdale. They then in turn hung up, (the caller) tried to get FHP but couldn't," said Rosenblum.

The FHP insists it did what it could with the information it had at the time. According to state law, Tooter can only recover $100,000 total from all three agencies.

Her attorney said the suit is not about money, but about making sure troopers and rescuers do a better job.

story

top topics

join