It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's not Trash. It’s a Dog That’s About to Go Through an Incredible Transformation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
The first photo is heartbreaking.

Read on ~ It does have a happy ending, or shall I say beginning ;-)

A dog on the streets of Canada was in such a poor state that those who saw him might have passed by thinking it was rubbish. His legs and body were barely even recognizable, and his scared eyes peaked out above a dreadlock-cloaked snout.

He was caked in a thick layer of dirt and matted hair that nearly doubled his size, according to Quebec Hebdo

“Once out of the envelope more than six pounds of matted hair of dirt, the little dog was given to a veterinarian to recover. After a few days of treatment and rehydration, the pretty little poodle shih tzu kind could be adopted by a family of Quebec, which has a similar companion,”

Watch this video from the SPA of Quebec, which features "Rasta" playing at the beginning of the video:

Bless this little guy's heart and the people who rescued him.

Have a happy life little fella. You deserve it.

story link

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Poor little guy! I'm glad he found a new home already.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MrLimpet

A heartwarming story for sure! Man I hate to see animals in distress and neglected like this, but always grateful to see them loved. May I add a similar transformation:

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Well done, OP. We can all certainly use a happy ending story at this point in time. Poor little guy must have lived through some scary days.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Can you even imagine the relief that poor baby felt, when completely shaved? To lose all that weight, to be able to see?

Man, people suck sometimes. But I do hope he is well taken care of, in his new home.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Wow!

That one brought tears to my eyes.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Dogs - The Greatest of Lifes Teachers. About Love Happiness Friendship and Grief.

Spotted that in your sigy and thought it was worth repeating in this thread

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Visual proof of how reliant this variety of the species is on the humans that developed it.

It's hair is a visual plus for the humans that own and care for a Shi Tzu, but a detriment for the creature itself when there are no humans around to wash, comb and clip.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Man that is awful.... and lovely all at the same time.
So glad he was saved.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Omg,poor little thing. You don't want to believe that things like this happen. In my province they are taking drastic steps to avoid any kind of cruelty to animals. Higher penalties for abuse,anti tethering laws,etc. We have many private shelters and organisations here that work together with the humane society. So glad this story has a happy ending,many do not.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Oh come on Nobody else thought "WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?" at first? LOL

I am glad this had a happy ending because I thought it might have been stills from another THE THING movies...

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I've seen some of these on Animal Cops episodes on Animal Planet. There was one in particular where they took off the outer coat and it was so matted and bad that it was still dog-shaped after they cut the dog out of it!

It's just incredible how bad people will let these poor little dogs get.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

VoidHawk
reply to post by chiefsmom

Dogs - The Greatest of Lifes Teachers. About Love Happiness Friendship and Grief.

Spotted that in your sigy and thought it was worth repeating in this thread

Thanks for pointing that out. I missed it.

How true that statement is.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Hope for Paws has done some amazing rescues, don't know if you've seen Fiona's...another piece of "trash" recycled

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
That's a long time of neglect there! That poor sweet dog had to go through hell living like that. It breaks my heart every time I see something like this. Thank God many are rescued and are able to be loved and appreciated.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
He probably felt a little like a turtle losing his shell at first. I imagine after the initial shock he probably jumped up and down and rocketed around the house for quite some time. He probably still spends a good amount of time on the fly. I bet he used to lay around all day thinking "Man I have so much potential..., if only someone would just recognize!" For this guys sake I hope the SHTF doesn't happen. If he ever finds himself in the same predicament he'll probably jump off a bridge. I had no idea a dogs coat could do that.

Amazing!

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Scalded Frog

Hope for Paws has done some amazing rescues, don't know if you've seen Fiona's...another piece of "trash" recycled

That was a real tear jerker.

What a great beginning for Fiona.

Hope for Paws
will be on my donation list.

Thanks for sharing.
edit on 13-3-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Starred and flagged!

I remember warcthing the animal cops show on animal planet when they were still about animals

They found a poodle with dirty matted fur like him, so the groomer snipped the dirty hair in a way where they could pull it 0ff like a coat

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   

reply to post by Scalded Frog

I donate to Eldad Hagar and hope for paws whenever we can. A worthy outfit for sure. Fiona's story really hits you in the feels...animals deserve better from us. Happily Fiona is now with her family and in this case at least....there is a happy ending.

Fiona Update here...

edit on 13America/Chicagopm132014-03-13T23:10:48-05:00pmThursday03 by deadcalm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Bless his precious little heart...I have a shichon (shih-Tzu / Bishon mix) that looks almost identical to this little fella...post grooming of course. His name is Cooper and he is the sweetest most lovable dog I've ever owned. And, the best cuddle buddy EVER!

It breaks my heart to see the before pictures of this little guy...it really does.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join