It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Society Falls - in the Year 3001

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Dream One

The last time I checked in to the year 3001 or so in my dreams, I ended next to a toppled, abandoned apartment complex in the middle of an overgrown forest. One of the buildings was on its side and covered in vines and the like, and a broken window was being used by a tribal family as a place to enter and exit their "cave."

The idea here, I think, was that our society fell a while back - sometime around our current year.

I remember being influenced by John Titor and his stories enough to understand that we would be, in a closely related timeline stemming from 2000 or so, living in a more tribal and farm society by the year 2030, one with communes where people would be allowed to stay if they carried their weight - where the world wide web still existed, but was used more of as a tool (like a reference library) than a lifestyle.

I imagine that this incarnation of the year 3000 was related to the events that would happen if things went south in the U.S. between Olympic cycles, and Russia had to invade in order to liberate the people from their oppressive government.

-----

Well, since then, we have had a few successful elevated crisis with Russia - such as in Crimea and in Syria - which have been resolved diplomatically. The last crisis, in Crimea and Ukraine, has left me with the impression that weapons like tanks and battleships are outdated, and the new weapons are two-piece suits and law school.

Dream Two

So this led to my next dream, a few nights ago - instead of abandoned buildings from the 2000's, society was constructed with a mixture of those, as well as highways in the skies and buildings in the skies comprised of cutting-edge architecture and technology such as rooftop gardens, forests, biodomes and the like.

Every single thing followed a law - to the point where if there was any possible problem, the best possible solution was laid out in protocol. Protocol - the new ethics.

Well around the year 3000, a foreign official was riding as a passenger in a skycar along a highway when there was a malfunction that crashed his vehicle and killed him - something that was unexpected - an event that had not been taken into account as a possibility in the protocol.

At this point, the protocols were so intense, that they were followed and soon one nation had launched their air force (otherwise used for entertainment purposes) at another, and the protocol for that response meant that the nation with the original glitch had to launch their air force, and eventually more of their military -

Until nukes were brought out of their rusty canisters and fired.

-----

It is an interesting future, one where we survive on laws and protocols for around a thousand years, until something comes up that is so accidental that it causes the protocols to go haywire.
edit on 13amThu, 13 Mar 2014 01:16:58 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Protocol = zero tolerance policy

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   
This is interesting, although, I would hope that the thing that made the human race what it is would keep this from happening. Free thought.

Sounds almost Orwellian.

Still a good read none-the-less, so for that, a star :-p

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by andr3w68

Thanks, I try to provide something different for people to check out on these forums sometimes.

Yeah that's the problem, it really does seem Orwellian and protocol really is Zero Tolerance - that's another aspect I find interesting, and no, I really don't support those kinds of futures, but I do see their possibility. I imagine people living in their little cubicles in those economically friendly skyscrapers.
edit on 13amThu, 13 Mar 2014 05:18:14 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   

edit on 3/13/2014 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

The sad reality is that I can see it starting to happen to a certain degree in the US now. IF you are doing something WE dont want you too, your gone. With the level of surveillance going on now, all they would need is some bull offense (pot bust, music pirating, etc.) to pull your whole online/cell/money file out, and really shove you down deep. Then if you are a perfectly perfect individual (or someone intelligent enough to not make such things evident), you 'commit suicide', or 'your brakes go out'.

The level of corruption that humanity has proven to hold is indeed chilling.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Interesting. In reference to your second dream... particularly the fourth picture, I've had a few very vivid dreams where I was in a building very reminiscent of that one. Thank you for sharing though, always interested in the true relevance our dreams have.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
A world that relies completely on protocol and rules is a world without creativity. It would be a world much the one on Rush's "2112" where there isn't even music because no one can think enough outside the rules to create.

It's also one we're steadily hemming ourselves into. What kind of a world is it where "diversity" is defined more by our externals than by our internals? Shouldn't it be defined by both, and if it isn't, then why isn't it?

top topics

join