It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

70% of Federal Spending is Writing Checks to Individuals

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

JimTSpock

Some unique and interesting views there. I think it's fair to say you are quite a long way from any mainstream political view.

I think it's fair to say you wont be on Meet the Press anytime soon.

Opposing unconstitutional actions by a criminally corrupt govt is hardly "a long way from mainstream".

Of course I won't be in meet the press....I prefer facts and truth compared to emotion based bs, which is the only thing they deal in.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

JimTSpock

What about hospitals, schools, police, roads etc? Or do you not use any of them out of principal? lol.
edit on 13-3-2014 by JimTSpock because: nazi

Perhaps you should stick to topics that involve Australia, since your knowledge of the U.S. and its form of government is obviously very limited.

With the exception of interstate highways, none of those things you listed above are federal matters, hence they don't fall under the purview of the corrupt nutjobs in DC. Those are state matters.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by doubletap

You just said taxation is stealing you didn't differentiate between state and federal. So federal is stealing but state is OK?

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

JimTSpock

You just said taxation is stealing you didn't differentiate between state and federal. So federal is stealing but state is OK?

You neglect to take the constitutional limits placed upon each of those separate entities through the state and federal constitutions.

Taxes in any form are theft. What happens if you don't pay ? Federal agents either take your bank account without your permission, seize your house, or show up with guns and put you in jail.

How any adult with presumably an IQ above the level of functional retard could say that isn't theft is the real mystery here.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

JimTSpock
reply to post by JimTSpock

Taxation is stealing? Really. It is a basic part of the concept of a government. Which I'm sure you don't agree with either.

What about hospitals, schools, police, roads etc? Or do you not use any of them out of principal? lol.

Remember the culture of our nation. We started as a tax revolt.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   

JimTSpock

Taxation is stealing? Really. It is a basic part of the concept of a government. Which I'm sure you don't agree with either.

Hospitals are private.

Schools are funded by property taxes. Another form of theft. I bought my house, now I must render under Cesar every year???

Police, same thing for property taxes.

Roads, taxed from the sale of fuel. Another Cesar decree.

What other utopian crap should I pay for?

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

macman

JimTSpock

Hospitals are private.

Schools are funded by property taxes. Another form of theft. I bought my house, now I must render under Cesar every year???

Police, same thing for property taxes.

Roads, taxed from the sale of fuel. Another Cesar decree.

What other utopian crap should I pay for?

well...roads are needed if we want effiicient commerce. However, consider this:

If i have a huge, heavy oil tanker full of oil to drive down the road, the fuel used to do that is not taxed. It is called "red diesel", and is untaxed fuel. The reason being, the trucking of the fuel is part of the manufacturing process. Or, so it was decided when the oil companies sued for taxes paid, once they figured it all out.

So that truck, which is far heavier and causes much, much more damage to the road than passenger cars, is using the road tax free. So the next time you hit a pothole, remember....the vehicle that likely caused it, did so tax free.

I should also add a couple of other tidbits:

- when you mow your yard, you are paying taxes for the roads
- Unless you have a company come service your diesel generator (and fill it with red diesel), you are paying taxes for your generator

Neither of the above use the roads, but support taxes for the roads.
edit on 3/14/2014 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

The trucks/companies pay IFTA fees....er taxes....uh fees for transporting through each state. And they pay federally as well.

We as a people are taxed on top of taxed on top of taxes.

We are forced to pay taxes yearly on property that we already own.

We sell a used vehicle, and the buyer must pay taxes on something that already collected taxes during the initial purchase.

One of the best ways to control people is through taxation.

More specifically the Progressive Sliding Scale Tax.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
The whole system has become an overblown endless government bureaucracy which operates to sustain itself. There seems to be a tax on everything. People are always complaining about the government and taxes. A smaller more efficient more accountable government would be a step in the right direction, but you're still going to have to pay some tax.

If you think tax is stealing how do you propose to fund the government and provide essential services to citizens? Or do you think there should be no taxes and no government at all, which would be anarchy?

Benjamin Franklin: "The only things certain in life are death and taxes."

Here is a list of 10 countries with no income tax. But they still have other taxes. Move there. Perhaps you'd enjoy the United Arab Emirates. lol. Or you could make more money America is one of the richest countries in the world.

www.cnbc.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

JimTSpock
The whole system has become an overblown endless government bureaucracy which operates to sustain itself. There seems to be a tax on everything. People are always complaining about the government and taxes. A smaller more efficient more accountable government would be a step in the right direction, but you're still going to have to pay some tax.

And many here, on ATS and in the US have pushed for a flat tax or fair tax.

JimTSpock
If you think tax is stealing how do you propose to fund the government and provide essential services to citizens? Or do you think there should be no taxes and no government at all, which would be anarchy?

Oh the Progressive argument that if I am tired of the taxes, I must therefore be for no tax.
We are all aware that some tax is needed. To fund the Govt, not to fund our neighbors via the Govt.

JimTSpock
Benjamin Franklin: "The only things certain in life are death and taxes."

When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.

Yeah, so more taxes right??

JimTSpock
Here is a list of 10 countries with no income tax. But they still have other taxes. Move there. Perhaps you'd enjoy the United Arab Emirates. lol. Or you could make more money America is one of the richest countries in the world.

www.cnbc.com...

So, a non US citizen telling US citizens that if we want lower taxes, we should move. That is very cute.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

macman
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

The trucks/companies pay IFTA fees....er taxes....uh fees for transporting through each state. And they pay federally as well.

We as a people are taxed on top of taxed on top of taxes.

We are forced to pay taxes yearly on property that we already own.

We sell a used vehicle, and the buyer must pay taxes on something that already collected taxes during the initial purchase.

One of the best ways to control people is through taxation.

More specifically the Progressive Sliding Scale Tax.

maybe its more a local problem. we get very little in funding for roads out here, due to our population. However, we provide an enormous amount of energy for the rest of the state/nation. There is a lot of local/regional uproar over the rapidly deteriorating roads, and the lack of funding to repair them. The state is looking for ways to dump roads off on local entities, too (we have an old highway that runs through the middle of town and gets lots of use that the state wants the city/county to take over).

The local trucks that are carrying water and other heavy materials....they don't pay a whole lot in the way of taxes.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join