It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian protests - Strange flag

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

It seems photoshopped to me and only because the circle is so exactly 'round' on a flag that's obviously curvy.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   
The logo would probably be older than the Obama logo , so maybe Obama used it since he is steering our country in the direction of the old USSR.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   

masqua

It seems photoshopped to me and only because the circle is so exactly 'round' on a flag that's obviously curvy.

It's not photoshopped, it's the flag of ПАРТИЯ ДЕЛA

twitter.com...

"Blood, tears and economic crisis is what waiting Ukraine. The only choice is holding referendum not only in Crimea but in other parts of Ukraine as well," said Konstantin Babkin, leader of Partiya Dela, an officially-registered party, but one which is not represented in the Russian parliament.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   

JHumm
The logo would probably be older than the Obama logo , so maybe Obama used it since he is steering our country in the direction of the old USSR.

I don't think so. It seems like it's a pretty small political party. Their oldest twitter post is July 2013. Can't find much else on them besides that.

Looks like 2010:

14.10.2010 Russia, Moscow
Chairman of the Russian Political Party Partiya Dela Konstantin Babkin (second right) and members of the Partiya Dela political party Vladimir Evsukov (left), Anton Bakov(second left) and Alexander Nekrasov (right) at the founding congress of the party.

Link

Partiya Dela simply means, "party of action" from what I can gather.*

Not sure if there is more than one. But the flag and twitter is all part of the one marching. The 2010 initial congress is also by the same name.
edit on 12-3-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Ok had to reply to this as i found this. notice the center one ? its identical. maybe a coincidence but who knows with these people.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   

I doubt it's a gay pride flag.....

"How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?"

Sherlock Holmes

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   

JokerThe1st

Ok had to reply to this as i found this. notice the center one ? its identical. maybe a coincidence but who knows with these people.

The current administration does enjoy using Stalinesque iconography. Perhaps because they had similar philosophies.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by iRoyalty

in light of intrptr's post, we should probably keep in mind Obama's communitrian roots
i recall reading back when he was obviously the next big thing an articlal about how some russians were actually part of the team behind obamain...in russia..

if i recall the author was visiting russia and had a conversation along the lines that the author thought it odd that the russians he was talking considered obama already selected and that they were just a waitin for it ....eagerly

creepy

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Danbones
reply to post by iRoyalty

in light of intrptr's post, we should probably keep in mind Obama's communitrian roots
i recall reading back when he was obviously the next big thing an articlal about how some russians were actually part of the team behind obamain...in russia..

if i recall the author was visiting russia and had a conversation along the lines that the author thought it odd that the russians he was talking considered obama already selected and that they were just a waitin for it ....eagerly

creepy

Yeah, I know he has links with communism movements and surely those are linked back to Russia in some way. I was not trying to rule out any possibility of a link, simply pointing out that Partiya Dela seems to have come about after Obama was in power.

Whether or not they purposely made their logo like his, or they were created both with some underlying meaning, or it's mere coincidence, I really have no idea. But it is interesting nonetheless.

I kind of doubt it's some grand conspiracy though,

The logo was designed by Chicago-based Sender LLC (a brand development and design company) on assignment from Chicago-based mo/de (a motion design studio).
as his logo was created in Chicago, and the Russian one popped up later on.

Perhaps they just wanted to copy the meaning:

"We were looking at the “o” of his name and had the idea of a rising sun and a new day,” according to Sender. “The sun rising over the horizon evoked a new sense of hope."[2] "The design expression was so constrained and so bland for so many years in politics," Sender says. "I think we had a fresh approach because we’d never worked on a campaign before” — and, of course, the power of the logo had a lot to do with “the power of the candidate’s message."[3]

Or maybe not, who knows...

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
For more on Partiya Dela, they were as I suspected earlier formed in 2010. Founded by Konstantin Babkin:

On 3 September 2010 he took the lead of establishing Organizing Committee of Partiya Dela All-Russian political party. On 14 October at the founding congress he was elected chairman of the federal political council of the party.
Babkin is married and has three sons and a daughter.

He also has had business dealings in North America:

ince 2005 he has been president of Novoye Sodruzhestvo closed corporation that incorporated 20 enterprises located in the Rostov region, Moscow, Kazakhstan, Ukraine, Canada and the USA.

www.rumafia.com...

He claims the logo is of a 'bee', or at least it was in its inception. (The current one does not look like a bee).

The program distributed at the congress focused on populist demands, such as universal higher education, measures to raise birth rates, support for the poor and the introduction of a luxury tax.

Delegates selected an image of a bee as their emblem, in what Babkin said should demonstrate the industriousness of the party’s members.

A source close to the party denied that the bee was a reference to Luzhkov, a noted beekeeper. The party held “consultations” with Luzhkov, the source said, but the informal talks have ended and are not expected to continue.

sptimes.ru...

To tie this all in together with all the posts I've made so far, if we go back to the news article:

"Blood, tears and economic crisis is what waiting Ukraine. The only choice is holding referendum not only in Crimea but in other parts of Ukraine as well," said Konstantin Babkin, leader of Partiya Dela, an officially-registered party, but one which is not represented in the Russian parliament.

You will see that it is Konstantin and the same Partiya Dela. Just so there's no doubt it's all referring to the same thing.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

This is the logo of Partya Dela (Партия Делa) - a russian party (in translation party of deeds (делать= to make something (happen)). I had not heard about it, so checked out their wiki page. At least, when looking at general mission of the party, it seems more patriotic centre-left party, quite a new-one, established in 2010. Symbol of the party is a bee, so thats why the yellow/black.

The logo does look similar to the Obama ones, although I would not say, that logo is something incredible innovative by design, so it might just be coincidence. Just as the eye does not always mean the all-seeing-eye/surveillance.

edit on 12-3-2014 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
It is strange. It sort of reminds of when "they" sent agents in to the tea party with misspelled signs.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Uh Obamas logo is the sun rising on a new day. It is not new, nor is it original, and it has been used by all kinds of groups, companies, cities etc. It's only significance is "a new day". A common theme among lots of groups that share no political ideology.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Your link gave me a 502 error(bad gateway). There's something you don'tsee everyday!

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Has the bee on the cover image and agreed, flag doesn't look much like the original bee at all.

www.facebook.com...

From their fb page, courtesy of google translate:

The basis of the ideology of the Party affairs is the struggle for the creation of normal conditions for the development of non-oil sectors of the economy and normal living conditions for people in Russia . To make the party work more concentrated , we have identified three issues . They climbed a long time and many times , but still waiting for its decision :

We advocate for affordable energy
We are fighting for the right of everyone to enjoy the unique benefits of Russians Russia - rich deposits of oil and gas. Every day, millions of Russians suffer from excessively high prices for petrol, gas and electricity. For some - it unrealized opportunities for others - spent the last means for third - lost health.

Kind of a butchered translation but good enough to get the gist of the party's espoused beliefs.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by JokerThe1st

Now that is interesting ,I know we're not talking Obama care on this thread but the meaning of the flags symbol seems to be pointing to that out of all the connections made why are all these Obama flags the same symbol just changed slightly

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I think the fact that he says it supposed to be a bee is interesting in itself ,the symbolism of the bee is rich in meaning all over the world and it represents the same thing in many many cultures which is : hierarchy,royalty ,social and political status and is and has been a symbol of the monarchy in England and ever since the begining of royal rule in ancient Egypt .from the very start the bee has represented the elite the illuminated ones ,the queen of England wears a bee somewhere on her wordrobe everyday whether it is in the form of a pin or broach a piece of jewelry or imbedded into the designs on the very fabric of the clothes she wears.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I don't know anything about this specific political party, but since it is a small party, they probably hired a lazy designer who took a famous logo and 'amended' it a little bit to fit the party colors.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mrkeen

That is quiet possible too ,that the guy who designed it was just lazy and had no imagination of his own to come up with a logo of his own and we are all making something out of nothing ,on the other hand it is a little suspicious and perhaps Obama has reached his grimy little hands in places we didn't even know about.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Obamacare... That's some care, right there. Good one.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join