It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To all who believe in ghosts.. Let me put this myth to rest!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
This should be extremely reasonable to most people. Yet I'm shocked how you can be so unscientific about the fact.

If a ghost should be able to move things, manifest itself to be viewed, or make sounds then it HAS to be a physical entity. A non-physical entity can not, in ANY way MOVE physical things. To be seen it needs to be physical as well, otherwise there is NO way to reflect light.

And most of all, to interact with you, it would need a brain. No physical entity=no brain=no mind and thought.

And the physical part of what you call a ghost is long gone and buried. It is only buried bones, if anything at all.

So, lets put this to rest. Unless you have some kind of scientific facts that would make all this mumbojumbo possible?
edit on 11-3-2014 by br0ker because: Spelling

+49 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
It must be nice to be so sure of yourself.

Might I suggest a book for you to read by Chris Carter. It's one of a trilogy that addresses this topic and others. "Ghosts" are addressed in "Science and the afterlife experience; evidence for the immortality of consciousness." It's written by an academic who I would guess has studied the subject in more depth than you have. It needs a skeptic's scrutiny such as yourself. Why not read it and report back? It's a far cry from the usual drivel and you might find it, well, enlightening.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by br0ker

Keep confiding yourself.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by NullVoid

People can trick themselves into believing just about anything. Happens all the time, apparently.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Any real scientific facts or reasoning in it that would make it worth the read, or just more jibbrish and philosophies?

+19 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by br0ker

I have seen a ghost.

You have not.

Never confuse 'facts' with 'belief'.

You have a belief, I can respect that! You want the whole world to follow your belief ..... just typical of beliefs!

Here! Read my Ghost Story! www.abovetopsecret.com...

P

edit on 11/3/2014 by pheonix358 because: Added link

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by br0ker

Hello.

The thing you are missing is that it's Supernatural.
Supernatural can do anything.
You can't argue with Supernatural because Supernatural is outside the laws of reason.
It's the same thing with religion.
It's also near the same thing with people that believe in Alien visitation.

Paranormal, Supernatural, Magic; these things cannot be argued with because they exist outside any framework of reason and are only limited by the imagination of whomever is telling a story about their encounter with anything such.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by br0ker

Again, keep confiding yourself.
If you still in doubt, Google can help you reaffirm you belief.
Warning: Dont search, unless you willing to accept, that you, HAVE to change, your current belief.
Its OK to be on wrong side, as long as you dont know. When you knew, change is inevitable.

What that said, keep confiding yourself and dont poke the bees.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

KonstantinaValentina
reply to post by br0ker

Paranormal, Supernatural, Magic; these things cannot be argued with because they exist outside any framework of reason and are only limited by the experience of whomever is telling a story about their encounter with anything such.

Just a minor correction of your statement.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by NullVoid

I've seen lots of posts, videos of unexplained lights and people saying they've seen one. People freak out and draw wrong and rash conclusions when they're scared.

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by br0ker

Well I am just going to follow this thread and watch as you get into arguments with people, because that is all this is really, a way for you to argue something you also have no proof of, although there are PLENTY of people, myself included, who have experienced "ghosts" as you put it.

Just look at the responses you are getting that contradict your own.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by KonstantinaValentina

So you tell me, how does something supernatural manage to break universal physical laws?

+11 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Looks like the "mumbo jumbo" started at the opening post that was presented without any scientific backup to support itself.

Now ... what can move things, cannot be viewed, makes sounds, does not reflect light and is NOT a ghost?

The wind/air all around us.

+17 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by br0ker

Sorry amigo, your version of old school science and high school physics just can't cut it. The quantum paradime has opened up a whole new set of rules.

Perhaps a little research could relieve your intellectual constipation....

www.fourmilab.ch...

cosmicveil.com...
edit on 11-3-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

br0ker
If a ghost should be able to move things, manifest itself to be viewed, or make sounds then it HAS to be a physical entity. A non-physical entity can not, in ANY way MOVE physical things.

What about wind? Or gravity? Also, please define what you mean by "physical". The word has multiple meanings, depending on the context. Ghosts could be considered physical under some of them.

br0ker
To be seen it needs to be physical as well, otherwise there is NO way to reflect light.

How about generating light instead of reflecting it? And that's just one of the many possibilities.

br0ker
And most of all, to interact with you, it would need a brain. No physical entity=no brain=no mind and thought.

That's assuming consciousness stems exclusively from the brain in the first place. Your argument is circular.

edit on 11-3-2014 by Cathcart because: typo

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by br0ker

Well my friend, seeing is believing and no matter what you or others believe I know what I've seen as well do the others who were with me on one of several occasions. Can I prove it? No. Do I have evidence other than corroboration ? No. But it's neither here nor there what you may think for I know what I've seen is as real as you or I.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
For general interest, here is a list of noted Parapsychologists over the years and some with citations of notable cases (Like Amittyville) that they were associated with. Several also carry links to Parapsychology and Paranormal related organizations and trade groups.

Notable Parapsychologists

It's a very serious field and the study of Ghosts, Haunting and Poltergeists are among the areas it covers. It covers much more, but absolutely those too.

One of the better documented cases and which did involve a research team while it was ongoing became a book and movie of the same name, "The Entity". The movie is Hollywood from start to finish, but the account in the book is more straight forward and dry as a documentary look at the incident and it's conclusion.
edit on 11-3-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by br0ker

where is your scientific facts to back your claim up?

Could it be they be entities from another dimension?

I personally can't say they exist or don't exist, but to make a claim like that you would think that one would have more proof then that to back them up.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

br0ker

So you tell me, how does something supernatural manage to break universal physical laws?

I personally don't believe in the supernatural, but I do believe that certain things are unexplained.
I also don't believe in 'universal laws', we are less than a speck of dust in the universe, who's to say the laws we understand are definitively universal?

Keep an open mind as much as you can.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

br0ker

By being supernatural....
supernatural
Houghton Mifflin
adj.adjective

Attributed to a power that seems to violate or go beyond natural forces.

From dictionary.com

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join