It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which Dictator Killed Most People ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Got this by email. Not sure if this is true and what`s backing these stats, but here it goes anyway...

Funny how the most famous one comes only in 3th place very distant from 1st place !?

files.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 11-3-2014 by CosmicDude because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicDude

God !!!

Biggest dictator going (well the man made version of her is).
edit on 11-3-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Funny how the most famous one comes only in 3th place very distant from 1st place !?

Thats because "third place" (Hitler) preserved the best record.

The Nazis were sticklers abut documenting their activities.

You could also say that any cause of death statistics would read about the same. Who has the most people? China.

Where have the most people died due to A, B or C…?

China.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I had thought Stalin for the longest time until one of my friends, a history buff, said that Mau was the man...by far. I cringed at some of the methods of torture that were commonly employed during his reign

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Would Genghis Khan be considered a dictator?

I've read he killed 5-10% of the population of the planet when he lived

That's like 120 millionish I believe

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

intrptr

Thats because "third place" (Hitler) preserved the best record.

The Nazis were sticklers abut documenting their activities.

You could also say that any cause of death statistics would read about the same. Who has the most people? China.

Where have the most people died due to A, B or C…?

China.

Now this sort of logic defies, well, logic.

I don't know if you are defending Mao or, if so, why you would feel the need to do so but, this is far beyond even ordinary relativistic arguments.

I am dumbfounded.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

I don't know if you are defending Mao…

If you knew me or my posts you would know I don't defend dictators…

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Seems to be quiet a few atheists on that list, seems to be quiet a few evolutionists as well.

Kinda think saying religion kills lots of people sounds a little skewed in light of the big two at the end
Just saying

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

intrptr

What exactly is your point then, if not to dilute responsibility for a mass murderer?

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

We must stop these tyrants henceforth! We need a league. A league of nations. Oh wait. A united nations. Wait...wait...i've got it. We need a league of LEGENDS. hah!

Ah damnit...
edit on 11-3-2014 by 1Providence1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

greencmp

intrptr

What exactly is your point then, if not to dilute responsibility for a mass murderer?

I think hes referring to population control.
I wonder how many people there would be in Asia if guys like Genghis Khan hadn't gone on their rampages..

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Tucket

greencmp

intrptr

I think hes referring to population control.
I wonder how many people there would be in Asia if guys like Genghis Khan hadn't gone on their rampages..

I thought that he was saying that, because of the size of the population, the casualties by percentage were higher (as if there are totalitarian dictators everywhere so how is China any worse) but, I can't think of a better example of how relativistic thinking produces such shocking conclusions.
edit on 11-3-2014 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

CosmicDude

I'd take a guess and say it's because of who he supposedly killed.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Don't know if you could really consider him a "Dictator" but can we throw Napoleon's hat in the ring on this one? How many did he kill?

EDIT:From what I just, about 2.5 million?
edit on 11-3-2014 by OGOldGreg because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

CosmicDude
Got this by email. Not sure if this is true and what`s backing these stats, but here it goes anyway...

files.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 11-3-2014 by CosmicDude because: (no reason given)

i do not think they gave Stalin enough credit with 29 million

how many died in the Ukraine in the 30s and the gulags

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Who the hell is Leopold II? I have to look him up.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Dark hearted Leopold II
In 1876, Leopold formed the philanthropic organisation “Association Internationale Africaine“ (International African Association) and became its single shareholder. Under the guise of missionary work and westernisation of African peoples, Leopold II used the International African Association to further his ambitions of empire building in the hope if bringing international prestige to relatively small Belgium. In reality, the International African Association was a vehicle to enslave the people of the Congo River Basin and enrich Leopold II.
In the 23 years (1885-1908) Leopold II ruled the Congo he massacred 10 million Africans by cutting off their hands and genitals, flogging them to death, starving them into forced labour, holding children ransom and burning villages. The ironic part of this story is that Leopold II committed these atrocities by not even setting foot in the Congo.
It must be noted however, that whilst much attention has been given to Leopold’s atrocities in the Congo, in the same period acts of brutality were being committed on native peoples elsewhere in the world. Britain on the Aborigines in Australasia, the United States on native Americans and Pilipino , French on Northwest Congolese, Spanish on the north and central native Americans, Portuguese on the Angolans and Amazonians and Germans on Southwest Africans. However, so severe was the brutality of the genocide in Leopold’s Congo that many a European visitor publicly condemned Leopold and the Belgium government. The veracity of the crimes was so well known that Sir Arthur Conan Doyle penned the book, “The crime of the Congo” in 1909, highlighting the plight of the Congolese.

Read more: digitaljournal.com...

Wouldn't we need to put Queen Victoria in the above list as well, how many natives were killed in her name? and whilst we are at it, what about the American presidents who killed Libyans, Iraqis and Afghanis to expand the US empire?

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   

who is the Dictator who has the most symbols?

I can't read it and my pc can't narrate the quote.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

It goes from right to left: Mao, Stalin, Hitler, Leopold II, Tojo, Pasha, Polpot, Kim Il Sung, and then two Africans I cant see well enough either.

top topics

join