It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you fall in Love in a few days?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

lots of movement in the heart where its kind of doing its own thing. We aren't even each others types, as I would never ever go for this type of woman, nor would she for me, but there was much synchronicity on a number of different levels that had the taste of fate bring us together even if we didn't want to....

I know what comes out of the heart, has nothing to do with impulse & rational thought

Beautifully spoken, and an apt description I would wager! I have two dear friends who would say a big YES to your question. In fact, they fell in love literally at "hello", and are still just as in love nearly 20 years later! They have these special "just for them" glances between each other (when they think no one is looking) - but I have seen it, and it is SUCH a romantic thing to witness. You can almost feel their love for each other, it's so very tangible.

Some people think that true love is based on the superficiality of "oooh she/he's hot"; but from personal observation, nothing could be further from the truth. It is a connection that defies description, and happens when one least expects it.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I believe in love at first sight, happened with my first wife.
She came into my pub and she came to the bar POW love instant love she felt it also and by the end of the night we had talked for 8 hours and fell asleep in each others arms....pity she beat me up all the time

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

You can instantly 'know' things. Well, your soul knows. However, our 'logic' and our 'reasoning' go into battle mode with the soul, telling us it's all BS. That it's either lust or infatuation. And sometimes it truly is. Yes, sometimes it is.

The world is so noisy and contradicting to the soul. Our soul always knows how to heal itself, but we let the world instead, dictate for us. We allow past experiences (or lack thereof) to frighten us into believing such things cannot be real. Especially when someone else who has never experienced such things, comes along and tells us it is only lust or infatuation.

People also say that LDR (Long Distance Relationship) are doomed from the start. This idea runs contrary to the millions of people who first met via an LDR, took the time to get an idea of who the other person was, and eventually became long term partners in real life. I personally know several this has happened to. One couple, now going on twenty years of marriage.

Alas, it takes two people to invest in the relationship. As long as she feels the same, it sounds like you hold something good in your hands. And you should, this very moment, not ask anyone else whether it is true or not. Obviously, to the both of you, it is real love. Who cares what someone else may project onto you. It isn't their reality. It's yours.

I believe that two people meet for a reason. Always. There is never a coincidental meeting of two people. Even if that person comes in to your life only to sit next to you on a train one day, and tell you something positive when you are feeling lost in life. They come as teachers or students. They come as friends and lovers. But always for a reason.

Hopefully, one day you will not live both abroad from each other, and you will work out the way to be together. Just remember not to make it so hard. It really isn't hard. Once you make the decision, find the way. It is only when you don't 'truly' desire to be together that you will make excuses. As long as you both want, you shall have.

Ah! I am both happy and sad about it for personal reasons. haha I wish you fortitude and honesty and the best of outcomes. Don't listen to anyone else. Just listen to your soul. When two people feel the same thing, what do you need to ask?

Wishes of happiness for you!

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by StarlightNine

I believe that two people meet for a reason. Always. There is never a coincidental meeting of two people. Even if that person comes in to your life only to sit next to you on a train one day, and tell you something positive when you are feeling lost in life. They come as teachers or students. They come as friends and lovers. But always for a reason. Hopefully, one day you will not live both abroad from each other, and you will work out the way to be together. Just remember not to make it so hard. It really isn't hard. Once you make the decision, find the way. It is only when you don't 'truly' desire to be together that you will make excuses. As long as you both want, you shall have. Ah! I am both happy and sad about it for personal reasons. haha I wish you fortitude and honesty and the best of outcomes. Don't listen to anyone else. Just listen to your soul. When two people feel the same thing, what do you need to ask? Wishes of happiness for you!

thanks to everyone for the congrats & wishes of happiness.

I'm in touch w her via skype & e-mail and she's coming out to visit in a month to figure out what this is between us

We'll see.

Thanks for all the replies!!!! Great perspectives.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Hmmmmmmm
Men fall deeper in love if they are sexually attracted to a woman.

Women fall deeper into sexual attraction if they love a man.

That's all you need to know about relationships.

edit on 10-3-2014 by Hmmmmmmm because: (no reason given)
Very true your words have spoken.

"There is no measure of Love than Love itself."

Well and maybe Bitcoins,sometimes...in modern times.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
well, maybe....but remember the expiry date for love is called the" wedding day".........................

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

stirling
well, maybe....but remember the expiry date for love is called the" wedding day".........................

I had included that in my original post as I was composing it but, decided it really isn't my place to burst any part of anyone else's bubble.

But yes, I will never get married and it has cost me some of love's potential longevity as it doesn't go over well once women realize that I am not kidding and they can't fix that.

What possible good could come from combining women, lawyers, money and the state in a contract?

I would get married and have offered to as long as it isn't recognized by the state. You can guess how that conversation goes.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   

It's certainly possible - Now, if you said a timeframe like 10 minutes, I don't know about that, but days? Sure.

One thing you may want to consider though - is if it becomes "serious", which person is going to move where? Different parts of the same country would be very manageable, but different countries completely would be a serious move for one or the other party.

But don't let me spoil the moment - if you say you're in love, and you both feel that way, then you're in love. Congrats!

-fossilera

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

stirling
Not necessary,sometimes love can be Heaven forever,in Life and in Paradise.

But those are rare cases,and it depends if the souls are pairs,which is very hard these days.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I was in love once ten years ago. The first three days of being together in the physical sense you will feel numb, so it should take after a few days - if you are soul mates. The numb feeling is very draining, you will feel heavy, low energy. This is because your mind is preparing for an ultimate rush of dopamine, a natural transformation that will stablize well being - but if love is not shown a withdrawal effect with occur.

In my case, I have a different last name and I know that a woman will not accept my last name, and I am traditional so I would have her accept my last name. So basically I can never get married because girls don't want to take my last name. The opposite sex is picky over little things like that.

So it is all because of a judgemental ego from a woman, that I cannot be loved and I can never get married. It has absolutely nothing to do with who I am or how I look, it is only because women make incorrect judgements with their ego, and that they are sometimes incapable of loving outside of their family, that I am not given any love in this life.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join