It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everything I am is under attack!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
So….I have this friend….let’s call him “Bob”……
Bob and I were talking the other day and he stated, “man, everything I am is under attack.”

Now….Bob is a smart guy….not Mr. College degree, Harvard type smart but more like….if there is anything wrong with anything….you call Bob…..type smart.

He designs and builds houses and restores old cars and seems to know something about everything.

He is well grounded and someone who I admire and who’s always ready to help people. So I was naturally very interested and even taken aback by his statement. I couldn't come up with anyone who would attack good ol’ Bob.

In my confusion….I asked him what he meant and this is what he said:

I am a male
I am white
I am hetero sexual
I have a wife (who doesn’t work but chose to stay home with the kids)
I have three kids
I work for myself
I am a Christian
I own guns
I like to read instead of watch TV
I chose to homeschool my kids
I think homosexuality is wrong
I like to hunt and fish and camp out in the wilds
I feel it is important to prepare for the worst but hope for the best
I feel the government is completely corrupt and simply being held up by the fake MSM media

And there were even more but these are the ones I remember.

I laughed and said that there are plenty of people out there that aren’t attacking these things.

To this he replied that there are tons of people attacking every single one of them….so that in totality….everything he is …..is under attack.

He explained how the government attacks him through predatory taxes made to go after small business owners.

He explained how the media portrays all men, gun owners, homeschoolers, dads, Christians, whites as useless idiots of an age long past.

He explained how through agenda 21…the government is making it harder and harder to access land and water to hunt and fish or even grow a garden in your own yard.

He explained that people walk up to him on a regular basis and ask if all three of the kids are his and make disgusted faces when he answers “yes.”

He explained that when he tells people that he homeschools his kids….that they make foolish comments and chastise him.

He explained that every movie or TV show now forces the homosexual lifestyle down our throats even though they only make up about 3-5% of the population.

He explained how the media and politicians still to this day try to make all whites out to be racist.

And much more that I also…can’t recall……

He finished by saying…..I wonder ….. if other people feel the same way….

Does a :

Mexican or black or Indian or Asian…. woman who hates guns and has several homosexual friends
and works 70 hrs a week for the IRS and has only one kid from a one night stand ten years ago and watches all the new best TV shows and works out in a fancy gym but would never go for a walk in the woods and is atheist and thinks gutting a fish is gross……..

Does that person feel like they are under attack too?

I didn’t have an answer to this….but I knew I had my next ATS thread because there is no better place to get a balanced and broad view of any subject.

So…I ask you ATS……is everything you are….under attack?

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Sounds like "Bob" has a valid point but also sounds like he is thinking more about the future than the now. I mean he is going to manifest this in his life if he worries and believes it to be true.
Why does "bob" even care he sounds too smart to be around needy clingy types that perpetuate these ideas.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

UltraverseMaximus
Sounds like "Bob" has a valid point but also sounds like he is thinking more about the future than the now. I mean he is going to manifest this in his life if he worries and believes it to be true.
Why does "bob" even care he sounds too smart to be around needy clingy types that perpetuate these ideas.

Yeah....I have never heard him talk like this before....we have been friends since 1995. It seemed like more of a tipping point for him.....like something happened that pushed him over to this darker place or something.....

I plan on digging further next time I talk to him

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Oh, sure, for years. You missed a few:

He's American.
He speaks English, often grammatically correctly.
He's a meat eater.
He did not vote for Obama, therefore he is a racist.
He believes global warming is a crock.
He's not a transgendered person.
He drives an 8-cylinder pickup, often empty. (Right? I'm guessing, but...)
His family car is an SUV.
Many of the books he reads are for pleasure, i.e.: not philosophical or "heavy" topics.
He supports Israel.
He regrets not going to college, but does not resent those who have.
He has a few bucks saved up.
He owns his own house, or actually makes his payments on time.

Just a start.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

schuyler
Oh, sure, for years. You missed a few:

He's American.
He speaks English, often grammatically correctly.
He's a meat eater.
He did not vote for Obama, therefore he is a racist.
He believes global warming is a crock.
He's not a transgendered person.
He drives an 8-cylinder pickup, often empty. (Right? I'm guessing, but...)
His family car is an SUV.
Many of the books he reads are for pleasure, i.e.: not philosophical or "heavy" topics.
He supports Israel.
He regrets not going to college, but does not resent those who have.
He has a few bucks saved up.
He owns his own house, or actually makes his payments on time.

Just a start.

LOL...actually some of those where in there....as I mentioned....I couldn't recall them all.
Had to laugh about the v8 truck and SUV....because he said that almost verbatim

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I say screw them all and live the life you want to.
Plain and simple.
We only get one trip around this merry-go- round of life.
It's your life, live it!

Peace,
K

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

kdog1982
I say screw them all and live the life you want to.
Plain and simple.
We only get one trip around this merry-go- round of life.
It's your life, live it!

Peace,
K

true...but I think he was making the point that somehow....strangely....everything that he has decided on....seems to be under attack by some group or other.....and the curiosity of if others feel that way too......or did he just make a target out of himself by his life choices.....

I think....anyway

+13 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Has Bob tried not giving a #?

Working well for me.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Lysergic
Has Bob tried not giving a #?

Working well for me.

yeah....he isn't the guy that gives a # about what others think of him.....again....it was more that he was intrigued by the fact that everything he is seems to be under attack. And I was just thinking that probably in a different part of the world....obviously some of the list would drop off.....so is it an American thing?

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
If I ever run into bob I would like to shake his hand.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by UxoriousMagnus

I would say, yes, it's mostly an American thing. Everything is either illegal or politically incorrect. The latter has been taken to an absurd extreme.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
If you put a dome top on that piston in your avatar you got a hemi.

If you don't know what I'm talking about run it by "Bob"

P.S. "Bob" sounds like a whiner

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

UxoriousMagnus
So….I have this friend….let’s call him “Bob”……
Bob and I were talking the other day and he stated, “man, everything I am is under attack.”

Now….Bob is a smart guy….not Mr. College degree, Harvard type smart but more like….if there is anything wrong with anything….you call Bob…..type smart.

He designs and builds houses and restores old cars and seems to know something about everything.

He is well grounded and someone who I admire and who’s always ready to help people. So I was naturally very interested and even taken aback by his statement. I couldn't come up with anyone who would attack good ol’ Bob.

In my confusion….I asked him what he meant and this is what he said:

I am a male
I am white
I am hetero sexual
I have a wife (who doesn’t work but chose to stay home with the kids)
I have three kids
I work for myself
I am a Christian
I own guns
I chose to homeschool my kids
I think homosexuality is wrong
I like to hunt and fish and camp out in the wilds
I feel it is important to prepare for the worst but hope for the best
I feel the government is completely corrupt and simply being held up by the fake MSM media

And there were even more but these are the ones I remember.

I laughed and said that there are plenty of people out there that aren’t attacking these things.

To this he replied that there are tons of people attacking every single one of them….so that in totality….everything he is …..is under attack.

He explained how the government attacks him through predatory taxes made to go after small business owners.

He explained how the media portrays all men, gun owners, homeschoolers, dads, Christians, whites as useless idiots of an age long past.

He explained how through agenda 21…the government is making it harder and harder to access land and water to hunt and fish or even grow a garden in your own yard.

He explained that people walk up to him on a regular basis and ask if all three of the kids are his and make disgusted faces when he answers “yes.”

He explained that when he tells people that he homeschools his kids….that they make foolish comments and chastise him.

He explained that every movie or TV show now forces the homosexual lifestyle down our throats even though they only make up about 3-5% of the population.

He explained how the media and politicians still to this day try to make all whites out to be racist.

And much more that I also…can’t recall……

He finished by saying…..I wonder ….. if other people feel the same way….

Does a :

Mexican or black or Indian or Asian…. woman who hates guns and has several homosexual friends
and works 70 hrs a week for the IRS and has only one kid from a one night stand ten years ago and watches all the new best TV shows and works out in a fancy gym but would never go for a walk in the woods and is atheist and thinks gutting a fish is gross……..

Does that person feel like they are under attack too?

I didn’t have an answer to this….but I knew I had my next ATS thread because there is no better place to get a balanced and broad view of any subject.

So…I ask you ATS……is everything you are….under attack?

Your friend "Bob" sounds like a very self centered and opinionated individual who thinks that's he's better than others and is infuriated when anyone dares to live their life in a way inconsistent with his utopia. Looking at the OP, I see statements of "I am," "I have," "I work," "I own," "I like," "I choose," and "I feel," to describe himself as a "good" individual, with the addition of one "I think" statement to justify discriminatory practices against others.

In my opinion, "Bob" needs to realize that others have just as much right to live their lives as they see fit, and once he accepts others as equals rather than adversaries, many of his fears will disappear. People have better things to worry about than what Bob thinks.

Signed,

A non-white lesbian woman with no kids, who despises the hate spread by "christians," who just wants others to leave her to live her life in peace.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I'm sure Bob would feel right at home here at ATS.

I'm with Lys...I'd rather just not give a rats ass than be a crybaby!

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
As an otherly-abled vegan pagan lesbian of color I want to....wait, I'm only two of those things. Never mind.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Bob Says this…

And then this…

I think Bob does in fact watch too much "mainstream" TV. Maybe he should become a member?

After all he says he likes to read.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Bob is under attack and Bob knows it. Bob was thinking the other day, if the culture that produced the ideas that made it possible for people to be free and for society and civilization to advance is anathema, Bob might have every right to have a problem with that.

Go Bob!

edit on 10-3-2014 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

intrptr

Bob Says this…

And then this…

I think Bob does in fact watch too much "mainstream" TV. Maybe he should become a member?

After all he says he likes to read.

Yep "Bob" is under attack by those damn TV's bro

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Everything anyone is, is under attack.
Men are under attack.
Women are under attack.
Heterosexuals are under attack.
Homosexuals are under attack.

I think I covered everyone except "other"

Live and let live......

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

WatchingFromtheShadows
A non-white lesbian woman with no kids, who despises the hate spread by "christians," who just wants others to leave her to live her life in peace.

I realize this thread could turn nasty in a split second, so this reply is by way of an attempt to let people understand where Bob is coming from. You have reacted personally as if Bob is attacking you. I don't think that is true.

1. You are non-white. This is GOOD. It's BETTER than being white and, in this day and age, can get you extra points, not only socially, but literally. Of course, this is to address the sins of the past, but in truth you'd still get the points even if your Dad was an Army officer and Bob's was a private. Your not like Bob, and all other things being equal, this can be a clear advantage!

2. You are a lesbian. This is GOOD. It's better than being straight because it is politically correct and expected, even, if for nothing else than as a reaction to those hated men who are, if nothing else, invasive. You're not like straight Bob, and this makes you a better person. It's best to avoid men. After all, they are bigger, and they smell. And they're often hairy. (Yuck!)

3. You have no kids. That is GOOD because you recognize what a plague humans are on this planet and are working to rid the Earth of accursed humans who are ruining it. In fact, if humans could be wiped off the face of the Earth, starting first with Europe and all its descendants, the world would be a better place. You're not like Bob with his three kids, and this makes you a better person, a better citizen of the Earth.

4. You despise Christians (who spread hate, you say, which means if they disagree with your lesbianism, they must be HATERS. It can't be from a moral position.) This is GOOD because everyone knows Christians are idiots anyway and the fact they have a moral code that has some sort of external source is also idiotic because after all, you are your own moral authority and ought to be able to do and live any damn well you please because

5. You just want to live your life in peace. Well, maybe, except that this doesn't sound all that peaceful, plus the extra points can come in useful. In fact, even the threat of using them can be useful and besides, it's REALLY COOL to be non-Bob, because that makes you a better person!

So congratulations. By virtue of your non-Bob status, you are a whole lot better than Bob! And that is VERY cool!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join