It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poverty driving people to sell their organs on black market

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Bassago
reply to post by greencmp

Maybe a good independent bank (we will have those in the future I hope) will give you a body loan at 3.9%.

Aw man, don't give those blood suckers any ideas. You've not seen "Repo Man" I take it.

Snarl - Yeah didn't that end with something like "Arrgh, someone stole my cloned kidney!"

Whoops!

Also, I will have to get my debating points in order when the "human right to subsidized cloned bodies" lobby gets wind of this.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Snarl
Man!! I heard this story once. There's this guy ... and he wakes up and he's in this bathtub, see ...

Doh!

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

That no one should profit from them? I would totally agree with that.

ETA: But then they'd lie like Big Pharma does and say it cost quadrillions to process it. Sigh...
edit on 3/10/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

~Lucidity

ETA: But then they'd lie like Big Pharma does and say it cost quadrillions to process it. Sigh...

Following this train of thought to a logical moral conclusion ... you wind up with a Death Panel or commoners who have to watch the rich benefit due to their wealth. Logic also tells you which way it'll wind up.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

~Lucidity

But the impetus for lots of people to develop the technology is driven by the promise of reward for the effort, even when there is no guarantee of success. It can't be simulated or planned.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I opted out as an organ donor for a very good reason. I suspect (no proof) that some doctors may think I am worth more dead than alive and not take the steps necessary to save my life in an emergency.

Sounds silly but it is what it is. BTW I will take 100k for an extra kidney. By the time mine wears out I am done anyway lol.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

What makes you think you are so special?.

Utter nonsense attitudes like that kill many kids each year like this one.

Stop being sao paranopid and selfish and do something good after you die....donate.

See my sig for more.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I donate thousands of dollars a year and a ton of my time to kids charities. Meanwhile I will keep my paranoid belief regarding my organs.

Oh and I also took two dying children (and their families) flying last year. Selfish? FU.

edit on 11-3-2014 by Mamatus because: added content.

edit on 11-3-2014 by Mamatus because: added

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

They don't need thousands of dollars or a plane flight they need people to donate organs!!!.
Keep your paranoid thoughts to yourself eh? those thoughts stop others doing the right thing and kids die....needlessly.
edit on 11-3-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

First, who said it was a plane? Second, I have reasons to think what I think about that nice little pink dot on a card. That I do not expose those reasons online is the best I can do.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

There is a valid need for much more organ donation globally but I will never donate an organ (or accept one either.) I came into the world as one organism and plan on going out the same way. Maybe selfish but it's one of the things I feel strongly about as a personal decision.

It has to be that way or we basically end up with state mandated organ theft. I don't have much in this life but I'd like to keep what I do have intact.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

It has to be that way or we basically end up with state mandated organ theft.

I have always seen it this way. Homeless indigent person with no friends or family is hurt badly and requires millions of dollars in care in one room. In the other room you have a well connected family with all the money in the world needed a kidney for their precious child in the other room........ Now imagine that the Doctor went to the same fraternities and belong to the same4 associations.

If I am conscious and someone says I am gonna die, then ask me what I want to donate. I will be a very giving person. but only if I can make the choice.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
In our own backyards. Such a shame. I'm sure this mostly falls silent, as follows, the case late last year;

Valdosta, Georgia (CNN) -- The death of 17-year-old Kendrick Johnson was awful enough for his parents. Then came the doubts about investigators' conclusion that it was an accident.

But the discovery that their son's body and skull had been stuffed with newspaper before burial added a horrific new dimension to their anguish and further fueled their skepticism of the official findings.

Scenarios;
.boy was murdered because someone higher up found him to be a match
.funeral home and or hospital, morgue is in the business of harvesting

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join