It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do if you met (insert religious ruling power/deity/god)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Ok what would you do if you met the thing that is the central beief of a religion?

I would ask it questions until it got angry and killed me just for fun

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I would like to meet Jesus. I would not ask questions but instead watch him and see if I could identify what made him so special that hundreds of millions of people follow his word today. I�m not talking miracles, I�m talking how he conducted his everyday life. I�m talking about BEFORE he became so famous. Remember he did have 30 relatively peaceful years before things went crazy around him.

I wouldn�t try to hassle the man, he had enough things occupying his attention. You know, he was a serious super-star that people would literally climb onto the roof of a house he was in, rip a hole in the roof and lower down people to be cured.

I personally don�t think he was God or the Son of God but I do believe he was a very spiritually aware human being. His cult of personality is almost unequaled in human history.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I would look for the curtan to pull back and watch the bloated hamster running nowhere in its wheel.

But seriously, that would be impossible with what I believe as it does not subscribe to form.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
hmmm, be intresting to meet Jesus thats for sure !~ I think you'd just know if he was genuine. I do wonder if he actually did miracles? The folk of the time were pretty "simple". Charisma is infectious, just look at cult leaders in general, what was so special about any modern ones that made folk do/belive crazy stuff. Atleast Jesus never told them to drink cyanide cocktails so they could get abourd a mothership etc!

top topics

join