It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mab2571

Okay, I hear you. First off hand, no distress signal and communication, in an area that has good communication on a top notch plane, I would think maybe a missile. But I want to see how it plays out because we, and they don't know the details yet. They haven't found anything, only have a search area and radar before it went missing.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by mab2571

Yes I was just reading about what happened on the political front. I really hope it doesnt, but I may have to agree with you that this may get uglier.

Here is a link to Google live feed if you havent come across yet:
google live feed

Thank you for responding to my question about the waters too btw. I am sorry for your sadness as well.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SixX18

Wasnt it just yesterday or the day before they were complaining about N.Vietnam and their missiles coming to close to commercial airlines? Or in their flight paths? Bit odd that I think

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Just for info:

It takes slightly less about one and half hour from Kuala Lumpur International Airport to reach the vicinity of southern Vietnam Coast. And it takes slightly longer, around maximum of two hours to transit from the south to north of Vietnam.

Based on news report, the plane departed KLIA at 12:40am Malaysian local time, after about two hours of flying time, should be in the area of Vietnam airspace. If it is at that location that the Vietnamese Navy found the beacon, then the disappearance had happened about half-hour earlier.

Pilot and co-pilot sick simultaneously?

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by mab2571

You sure make reading between the lines interesting. May I ask what your gut feeling says?

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

First off, greeting of peace to you.

I'm a casual ATS member. Every now and then, I drop by to see how I can expand my "imagination" ;-) in this crazy world that we are living in. But to come to ATS everyday, I think I will go crazy. But if there is something happening in the world that is, to put it mildly, puzzling, maybe it is a good idea to drop by to see how my imagination can be stretched for the possibility. Sherlock did said, or something along the line, take away the probable and however improbable, it is the story.

Frankly, I'm not so involved with ATS to have my gut telling me anything ;-D I'm just sad that Malaysia is becoming a torture to live in, as compare to its potential when it got its independence, back then we were young and so full of potential.

Again, frankly, I have no idea. Just waiting for the best and hope we don't get suck into the global conspiracies like the case of the missing Air France over the Atlantic or flight KAL007 (if I'm not wrong) back in the 80s or the TWA flight that got shot at out of New York, right. I rather to stay below the radar of insignificant and get on with life. But looking at the way Ukraine and Russia is unfolding right now, I sure hope Vladimir will give everyone a run for the money.

I will wait for the news report.

Wish you a good night(or day?) wherever you are.

Regards

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   

onehuman
reply to post by SixX18

Wasnt it just yesterday or the day before they were complaining about N.Vietnam and their missiles coming to close to commercial airlines? Or in their flight paths? Bit odd that I think

Who was complaining about "North" Vietnam and their missiles? I am curious as that would be an interesting development independent of this tragedy.

Just so you know:

1. North Vietnam does not exist anymore. The civil war ended in the 70's, the country is just called "Vietnam".

2. The Gulf of Thailand where the wreckage was found is south of the entire country near the border with Cambodia, nowhere near the north.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   
So has this plane resurfaced yet?

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   

MessageforAll
So has this plane resurfaced yet?

no but the flight tracker guy said last radar update was at 6.8, 103.5 and that the plane should be within 5 Kilometers of that rough area. He said position data was updated minute by minute, so the speed of the plane gives the extra 5 km in that max of a minute time.

I've seen 3 different supposed crash areas and 2 claims of found wreckage. All taken back later.. I've seen 2 different air times of 40 minutes, and around 2 hours... It's a little odd.

Someone linked This live news site earlier. I am listening now.
edit on 8-3-2014 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   
just heard about this .bad news and one of ,if not , the safest passenger plane flying today.
Thoughts are with the victims and or /survivors if any .And coming off a very good run for air safety over the past couple of years. No distress call is ominous especially in cruise
edit on 8-3-2014 by 12voltz because: of ytpo

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   
The Gulf of Thailand is all on the continental shelf and is relatively shallow by ocean standards (150-250 feet deep) and therefore retrieval of debris and the flight data recorders is not impossible.

Now that this has become a retrieval mission and not a rescue the most important thing is to find out what happened to this plane. The Boeing 777 has had one the best safety records and there are over 1,000 examples in service so finding out what happened is critical.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 05:04 AM
link   
At this point, I am sure it was catastrophic. Something happened that caused a sudden decompression? No word, no distress calls.

Traveling at cruising altitude, at cruising speed - what becomes of an aircraft? 35000 feet in the air and cruising at around 550 miles per hour?

Are they going to find much? Will they find anything?

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Bigburgh

Even with a sudden catastrophic failure there are a lot more than two possibilities here.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by reject

How, if there was no warning and it was fast?

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by f0xbat

The 777 entered service almost 20 years ago, and this particular aircraft was 12 years old. It wasn't relatively new. Malaysia has a very good safety record behind it.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
just yesterday, A Malaysian court has sentenced the opposition leader Anwar Ibrahim to five years in jail on sodomy charges, overturning an earlier acquittal and ending his hopes of contesting a local election this month.

so theres some speculate that this was inside job to diverse media and people in malaysia from making big protest against the court

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Hitman47
just yesterday, A Malaysian court has sentenced the opposition leader Anwar Ibrahim to five years in jail on sodomy charges, overturning an earlier acquittal and ending his hopes of contesting a local election this month.

so theres some speculate that this was inside job to diverse media and people in malaysia from making big protest against the court

Completely baseless speculation, but thanks for passing it along.

There are a number of possibilities for this tragedy which don't require a conspiracy. Given the depth of the ocean in this area, retrieval of "Black Boxes" is possible, finding the actual cause of the crash is the most important thing right now.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Hitman47

What point would be made if that were the case?

He was convicted yesterday but today there is a distraction!!

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   

LadySkadi
Strange that there was no communication before the crash (or perhaps I missed that there was?)

I'm having a Lost moment...

Playing catch up...I fell asleep.
If no communication...then pilots could of been rendered incapacitated very quickly..

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Bad news I've been following this story today. This reminds me of Air France 447, although that was an Airbus A330. A jet at cruising altitude suddenly crashes, turned out to be a frozen pitot tube causing incorrect airspeed data causing the pilots to stall and crash into the ocean.

www.airfrance447.com...

This seems like a similar case but the investigation will probably take a year or more to be completed. Once the wreckage is found air transport investigators will begin the slow process of recovering the wreckage and piecing together the series of events leading up to the loss of the aircraft. They will find out what caused it it's only a matter of time.

I don't want to speculate too much but the aircraft was probably at cruising altitude at about 36,000ft and apparently made no distress call or mayday which means whatever happened was very sudden and resulted in the aircraft rapidly losing altitude, the pilots had no time or were unable to make any radio transmissions. Until the wreckage is found and the cause established which could take a year or more few options can be ruled out.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join