It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 64
<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

CharlieSpeirs

My conjecture;
Shot down for terror attack threats received at Beijing Airport on the 4th March, this being the same Airport the flight was destined to land/be used kamikaze style into a densely populated area of the Airport!!!

Interesting! Thanks for providing a viewpoint Ive read nothing of in the "normal" news.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

rockflier
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I have found conflicting numbers for the glide ratio of the 777. They range from 15.1 to 16.9. Take your choice I guess. Take care.
Can you explain that? Have no clue about aviation jargon

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Thanks for taking the time to watch the video. I thought it was very interesting. Since from this it only appeared to disappear from the first time we saw it to reappear now, perhaps it is only appearing to disappear the second time... lol wow that was a type twister!

So we are either looking in the wrong place which many of us have speculated ( not to mention has given more time for debris field to spread, sink, etc..) or the plane really has landed elsewhere.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Bilk22

rockflier

I have found conflicting numbers for the glide ratio of the 777. They range from 15.1 to 16.9. Take your choice I guess. Take care.

Glide ratio indicates how many feet forward the plane will travel while sinking 1 foot with power off. This is predicated on the correct airspeed being maintained.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

PurpleDog UK

Bilk22

onehuman
Forgive me fellow members, I usually read all post before posting myself so as not to be redundant, but it is taking me a bit and I wanted to get this out here. To me it is pretty interesting, and should be checked out.

Why has Flight radar changed the flight path?
Thanks for that. So if this new information from the radar site is true, then the Vietnamese are holding back information and the search is just an exercise for public consumption. Now can the flight vanish from that site and still be intact, to continue to some destination unknown?

Is the current 'search area' the correct area to search.?

PDUK
No. They're searching off shore of Malaysia and not north of Vietnam. At least that's what we've been led to believe.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
My issue with the hijacking scenario is that no group has taken credit for it. I realize that this is not always a given but I believe there would be leads at this point or chatter on the deep web someplace... but nothing of the sort as of 3 days

As for the shooting of it down without anyone knowing or witnessing ~ I think this would be next to impossible, at least in my very narrow frame of mind. And there would be debris of some sort somewhere...There is absolutely nothing of this plane to be found.

Apparently our spy satellites saw nothing. Hmmm

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Fact #1: All Boeing 777 commercial jets are equipped with black box recorders that can survive any on-board explosion

Fact #2: All black box recorders transmit locator signals for at least 30 days after falling into the ocean

Fact #3: Many parts of destroyed aircraft are naturally buoyant and will float in water

Fact #4: If a missile destroyed Flight 370, the missile would have left a radar signature

Fact #5: The location of the aircraft when it vanished is not a mystery

Fact #6: If Flight 370 was hijacked, it would not have vanished from radar

www.redflagnews.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

PhotonEffect
My issue with the hijacking scenario is that no group has taken credit for it. I realize that this is not always a given but I believe there would be leads at this point or chatter on the deep web someplace... but nothing of the sort as of 3 days

As for the shooting of it down without anyone knowing or witnessing ~ I think this would be next to impossible, at least in my very narrow frame of mind. And there would be debris of some sort somewhere...There is absolutely nothing of this plane to be found.

I posted earlier, but no one responded. I heard that it could be a test run for a larger terrorist plot, or maybe even a false flag operation. Now that they know it works, they'll do it again, only involving many more planes. Just what I've heard. Obviously, they wouldn't claim credit, to downplay the very fact that it worked.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

rockflier

Bilk22

rockflier

Glide ratio indicates how many feet forward the plane will travel while sinking 1 foot with power off. This is predicated on the correct airspeed being maintained.
OK so increasing the ration would make it "sink" at a slower rate? What does that ratio mean with the power on?

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I'm totally focused on the stolen passports. Look at the facts:

An Iranian middleman called a Tai travel agency who booked the tickets for the two passengers holding the stolen passports. The Iranian middleman was looking to buy cheap tickets to Europe at first for two men on two different flights.

He first contacted the agency March 1st to buy the tickets. But the booking expired, so the travel agent rebooked the men on the same plane--flight 370--on March 6th. The Iranian middleman paid CASH.

Two days later the plane vanished.

Authorities were able to ID the two passengers through video footage and have determined neither of them were Asian.

They're looking to see if those particular passport numbers have been used to obtain tickets in the past.

The paid cash part is always a give away.

My bet is on terrorism.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Catacomb

Good replies are getting a little lost in the jungle here, but I did see your post and I have heard that too.

It's really an interesting angle.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

PhotonEffect

Maybe it wasn't intended as a hijacking, but as a means to get the terrorists to a destination of a terror attack, which seems to fit with the report of a future terrorist attack on Beijing or in that airport.

Then again, maybe it is a FF as is now being suggested and the flight was a ghost flight with no real passengers. At this point, most all of the information looks like bad information.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

The ratio is a function of wing design and lift created by the fuselage. It pertains to power off gliding only. Certain aircraft, most notably the MD80 have glide ratios of up to 20-1. Basically, the higher the ratio, the further the aircraft can glide from a given altitude. It is surprising how fast of an airspeed these larger planes must maintain to achieve these ratios. The speed is determined by how low the nose is placed in relation to the horizon. (Power off).

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Managed to get an AIS look at the area north of Vietnam . At present there is a vessel SAR412 "running to rescue" from the port of Da Nang . No direction given as yet but will keep monitoring

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

MRuss
I'm totally focused on the stolen passports. Look at the facts:

An Iranian middleman called a Tai travel agency who booked the tickets for the two passengers holding the stolen passports. The Iranian middleman was looking to buy cheap tickets to Europe at first for two men on two different flights.

He first contacted the agency March 1st to buy the tickets. But the booking expired, so the travel agent rebooked the men on the same plane--flight 370--on March 6th. The Iranian middleman paid CASH.

Two days later the plane vanished.

Authorities were able to ID the two passengers through video footage and have determined neither of them were Asian.

They're looking to see if those particular passport numbers have been used to obtain tickets in the past.

The paid cash part is always a give away.

My bet is on terrorism.

Well it wouldn't be likely they would be Asian as at least one of the names is Italian. Not impossible, but not likely and could arouse suspicion when one obviously doesn't want that when using a stolen passport.

Very strange story.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

rockflier
reply to post by Bilk22

The ratio is a function of wing design and lift created by the fuselage. It pertains to power off gliding only. Certain aircraft, most notably the MD80 have glide ratios of up to 20-1. Basically, the higher the ratio, the further the aircraft can glide from a given altitude. It is surprising how fast of an airspeed these larger planes must maintain to achieve these ratios. The speed is determined by how low the nose is placed in relation to the horizon. (Power off).
So this only comes into play if we assume the plane was distressed, assumed crashed and need to formulate a search area? Who would change the numbers and why? Isn't that just a function of design and a known design parameter of that particular craft?

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

onehuman
reply to post by Bilk22

Thanks for taking the time to watch the video. I thought it was very interesting. Since from this it only appeared to disappear from the first time we saw it to reappear now, perhaps it is only appearing to disappear the second time... lol wow that was a type twister!

So we are either looking in the wrong place which many of us have speculated ( not to mention has given more time for debris field to spread, sink, etc..) or the plane really has landed elsewhere.

Well one question though. I believe it was discussed earlier in the thread that the site that came from only stores data for a limited amount of time. I'm wondering how the data changed and why it was there for as longer with different information. Also wondering why, if that data is correct, why they've been searching hundreds of miles away from where it disappeared in the first radar images from that site? Seems the Vietnamese were being pretty disingenuous stating they were searching off their southern coast.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

spirited75

Fact #6: If Flight 370 was hijacked, it would not have vanished from radar

www.redflagnews.com...

The question here is what the "vanished" relates to. If it only relates to that the transponder was turned off, the plane would vanish on this type of radar due to that it's not sending out data anymore. (Correct me if I am wrong). HOWEVER, whether "active" radar did actually track the plane we don't know....we also don't know whether some nation actually tracked the data on active radar but for whatever reason may not release this information.

A scenario is likely where a hijacking would imply that they were forced to turn off the transponder ("the plane vanished") but I think we don't have enough information to say that the plane really vanished also from active radar. I don't think China etc. would release such information as quickly and freely as we're used from other countries...

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by civpop

They have also doubled the search area to 100 square miles.
Good, finally making some sense now!

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I'm sorry this message is slightly off topic, but with today's technology how come the data that is on the black boxes isn't recorded and via satellites sent to a massive storage server or something

new topics

top topics

<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join