It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confirmation that family members come to see you after death

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   

tallcool1

sled735
Thank you for sharing that heart-felt story with us.
I'm really sorry for your loss, but you have validation that he is still with you. Any time you need to speak to him, just do it and he'll hear you. You can even ask him to visit you in a dream on the astral realm. I have met my dad there many times. It's so awesome to see them again after they've been gone awhile.

Sled - while I do believe you, I have to ask how you are able to do this? I lost my brother almost a year ago. He was actually my brother-in-law, but was as close to a brother as I have ever had (I only have sisters). He was only 4 days older than me (meaning he was born 4 days before me). I still, after almost a year, miss him so much that I'm tearing up as I write this. I have asked him to visit my dreams, but he hasn't yet.

While I know he'll be there to greet me when it's my time to go, I still would like to hear from him - but maybe he knows that I would just write that off as "wishful dreaming" or something. Perhaps he has come around my house to visit, I don't know, but I am one of those people who writes off various noises and creaks and etc. as the house settling or wind or other mundane explanations such as this.

Is there anything other than simply asking that you do to see your father? I often suffer from insomnia and I rarely dream, so maybe that's a problem?

Yes, you need to be in a deep sleep, that's when you "dream".
You may ask your spirit guide to help you with this. Ask him/her to arrange a meeting in the astral realm with your b-i-l.

If that doesn't work, you can always go to a "real" medium and make contact.
Ever watch "Long Island Medium", or "The Haunting of" with Kim Russo?
Just make sure you are using the real deal, and not some fake that is only in it for money.

Maybe you could start practicing meditation before you go to bed to help you relax. That should help you get into a deeper sleep.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   

BuzzyWigs
reply to post by sled735

Hi! Yes, my dad comes to see me, too. It always makes me feel better. We have good talks in my dreams.

Do you think dreams are another dimension of reality?
I think so.

Well, we only remember them as "seeming" to be a dream, but we are actually leaving our body and going to the astral realm to visit our loved ones.
A true dream is just the mind working out problems we need solved, but we don't leave our body in a dream.

I'm happy you get to experience this too.

edit on 3/6/2014 by sled735 because: clarification

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by awakendhybrid

Well, if you believe that these 'flashes' are visitations from passed friends/family members, then yes, a agree with your logic - why would those people come back if they don't remember/care about us? But, if you're not convinced that those flashed are signs of visitations, then one might still have uncertainty. I hope we DO remember the relationships we have in this life. What would be the point of living this life if the results were meaningless? Of course, I suspect that I understand very little, if anything at all, about 'life' on the other side.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

A true dream is just the mind working out problems we need solved, but we don't leave our body in a dream.

I don't know if I can tell the difference. My dreams always always seem very real. Last night I got a new job as a seamstress in a costume rental place - first time I've visited there...but it was in the town where I "live" in my dreams.

How do you know whether you're astral projecting to another dimension or not? I have lots of 'sequential' dream situations going on...I return back to the same places, same people but with changing circumstances. Some people are unknown to me in waking life; others are people I know.

My dad shows up at specific places where he's known by me to have ongoing business...
does that make sense?
Anyway, I loves me my sleep...

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

sled735
Yes, you need to be in a deep sleep, that's when you "dream".
You may ask your spirit guide to help you with this. Ask him/her to arrange a meeting in the astral realm with your b-i-l.

If that doesn't work, you can always go to a "real" medium and make contact.
Ever watch "Long Island Medium", or "The Haunting of" with Kim Russo?
Just make sure you are using the real deal, and not some fake that is only in it for money.

Maybe you could start practicing meditation before you go to bed to help you relax. That should help you get into a deeper sleep.

Thanks Sled.
I have to admit that I am still in the process of shedding my...religious beliefs. I still believe in God (or maybe all "souls" together make up "God"?) and in an afterlife (one where there is no such thing as "hell"...why would an all loving Being make you suffer eternally for being wrong?). I say this because I'm conflicted in my beliefs about "ghosts". I don't really believe in "ghosts" - as in haunted houses and poltergeists and that sort of thing - , however I do believe that the deceased can make contact with loved ones and I am absolutely positive that they will be waiting there for you when it's your turn to graduate from this mortal shell. I know it sounds like I'm just contradicting myself, I can see that, but I guess I'm still in a transitional phase regarding beliefs. My brain argues with itself - I do believe the dead can contact you, but then again - if they can, why aren't there "ghosts" just appearing publicly saying "here I am!"... then again, perhaps there are "rules" on the other side or something. I confuse myself with the contradictions in what I believe and don't believe.

And with mediums and things like that - there's just so many people who are deceitful and use "mentalist" types of techniques to dupe people (i.e. "Crossing Over With John Edward, Sylvia Browne, etc.) giving vague "readings" that would probably work for a majority of people (AKA the "Forer effect" en.wikipedia.org... ). My wife has actually recommended that I watch that Long Island Medium show, but I am somewhat skeptical of her as well.

As for a spirit guide, I am conflicted with that as well and I wouldn't have the slightest idea how to make contact in the first place.

So after previewing all of this before hitting the reply button, it would appear my problem is that perhaps I'm just too conflicted in what I believe and it's holding me back from making contact? I will try some meditation before bed and try to be patient with this. Try to open my mind a little more and accept what I believe and let go of the skepticism and keep trying if I fail.

Thanks again Sled and please don't take anything I said as any kind of doubt toward you. I really do believe you - it's me that I'm having the problem with.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Inclined to agree.....My mother informs me that as a small child I had a somewhat disturbing habit of describing visits from very recently deceased relatives (Personally I can only remember one instance of this, the death of my maternal grandfather, I just knew he had passed on and told my mother so when she arrived to collect me from school.....She had been expecting to have to tell me.). In at least one instance it appears that I received a 'visit' while my mother was actually on the phone (in another part of the house) being informed of the death.

For what it's worth.....

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

BuzzyWigs
reply to post by sled735

I don't know if I can tell the difference. My dreams always always seem very real. Last night I got a new job as a seamstress in a costume rental place - first time I've visited there...but it was in the town where I "live" in my dreams.

How do you know whether you're astral projecting to another dimension or not? I have lots of 'sequential' dream situations going on...I return back to the same places, same people but with changing circumstances. Some people are unknown to me in waking life; others are people I know.

My dad shows up at specific places where he's known by me to have ongoing business...
does that make sense?
Anyway, I loves me my sleep...

If it's just a dream, you will forget it in a matter of minutes, or hours. Astral projection, or OOBE will stay with you because it is a "real" experience.

I feel I'm derailing the thread, so if you have any further questions, you can send me a private message.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I had a dream that I was having a picnic with my mormor (danish for grandmother) and my uncle(her son). I became aware that my uncle shouldn't be at this picnic because he had died (aged 38 had a sudden heart attack) so I questioned him "what are you doing here?" and he replied "I've come to get your mormor" and they smiled at each other as if they had some kind of inside joke.
She was wearing a lilac dress that she had worn to my brothers wedding the previous year.

so I woke up and within an hour I got a phone call from my mum saying she had passed away, she was in her sixties. We weren't exactly close as she lived in another country so I didn't really know her that well so I don't know why I had this dream.

she was buried in that lilac dress and my mum told me she loved picnics.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyTrick

AWESOME!

You can't get much better validation than that!

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Thanks for all your replies and stories. I appreciate your kindness, even though I've been borderline mean around here more than once.

Straying a bit here.

To those who ask about a conspiracy. Well like most accidents this was just a series of decisions, mistakes and unforeseen circumstances . I don't believe there is any conspiracy even though there is some strangeness about. I am reminded of "Touching the Void", but without the better ending.

All I know is it was reported that the slide was triggered by another party above my brothers party. The only reason I went in that direction (conspiracy) because I was a bit alarmed when told they were from Washington DC. Doesn't mean anything - they could of been from Timbuktu, but that would of been nice.

I may write some more when I have more info (here or another thread), because it helps me deal with the hole left by my brothers absence. Of course there are other considerations more important than my own.

Lastly, know that my brothers last three words to me before ending the call the last we talked was "I love you". He said that every time - I wish I had said it more... Don't forget to tell your loved ones the same.
edit on 3/7/14 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Wish I could say I've had an after death contact, but I have not. I've lost over half the family I had when I was born and even my best friend at this point in my life (mid 30s).

My mother claims to have seen her father (my grandfather) at the moment he died who then told her to take care of her mother, but I don't know if she really did or if it was some type of hallucination from her heightened emotional state seeing her father die.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
after my grandfather died he came to me in a dream much younger and happier and hugged me with lots of love feeling.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

verylowfrequency
Thanks for all your replies and stories. I appreciate your kindness, even though I've been borderline mean around here more than once.

Straying a bit here.

To those who ask about a conspiracy. Well like most accidents this was just a series of decisions, mistakes and unforeseen circumstances . I don't believe there is any conspiracy even though there is some strangeness about. I am reminded of "Touching the Void", but without the better ending.

All I know is it was reported that the slide was triggered by another party above my brothers party. The only reason I went in that direction (conspiracy) because I was a bit alarmed when told they were from Washington DC. Doesn't mean anything - they could of been from Timbuktu, but that would of been nice.

I may write some more when I have more info (here or another thread), because it helps me deal with the hole left by my brothers absence. Of course there are other considerations more important than my own.

Lastly, know that my brothers last three words to me before ending the call the last we talked was "I love you". He said that every time - I wish I had said it more... Don't forget to tell your loved ones the same.
edit on 3/7/14 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

Forgive me if I am being too forward or overstepping my boundaries, but I feel as if I can offer some insight. I had posted over on page 4 and mentioned about me being a skier, and it seems as if your brother and I shared the same love. It takes a special kind of person to be drawn to backcountry mountaineering, a person who isn't your average skier, someone who isn't doing it as a hobby; and these people find this thrill their most sought after endeavor, what truly makes them happy. When you're hiking and skiing a 11,000 ft+ mountain it is one of the most rewarding and peaceful experiences ever, most of us who pursue these extremes often say if we were to meet our ends, the only way we would want to go out would be on a mountain. What I am trying to say is that while I can not speak for your brother, I can guess he was happy that day, he was doing something he loved that provided him with a feeling of freedom that nothing else on this earth could make him, me, or anyone other skier feel.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
After my brother died, way too young, my phone started ringing constantly, so I'd answer it and there was only silence. I now wish I had not hung up so quicky and tried to listen harder for perhaps a whisper of a message. As well, my mother and sister were at his apartment, immediately after his death, and the phone would continously ring at his apartment, and when they would answer it there would also be a long silence. This continued for two weeks.

When my father was dying in the hospital he was in such distress that he asked me to smuggle my rifle in the hospital so he could end his misery - I just wasn't strong enough to help him with that request. Another request of his was to die at home and we made that happen. After his death he paid me a visit in a waking vision and I had never seen him happier than at that time.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Update and other events

A potentially completely different event (paranormal?) occurred on Monday March 10th on what would have been my brothers Birthday exactly 4 weeks after the slide that killed him.

Nearly every year for the past 20+ years my brother would go skiing on his Birthday. The first place he learned was Crystal Mountain near Mt. Rainier in Washington state.

Chair 6 or the Campbell Basin lift was by far our favorite for skiing the best snow and we pretty much skied nearly every line over the years with several of our favorites that we did over and over memorizing every rock formation along with each tree and how they appeared with different levels of snow pack.

I should of been up there on Monday to pay my respects to my brother, but I wasn't and at the end of the day the ski patrol decided to blast some snow loose and the avalanche grew large enough to move the bottom station of the lift 15 feet off it's base and close for the season.

Was my brother sending another message or was it just another strange coincidence? His favorite lift, on his Birthday March 10th, 4 weeks after his death in an avalanche on February 10th.

Campbell Basin lift taken out by slide.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Conspiracy

Here's the pubic final report for the slide that my brother lost his life in on February 10th.
(Not directly related to the pictures above which occurred 4 weeks later)

According to the report, it was a second party that triggered the slide. My brothers party had skirted around the bowl with the cornice, because they were aware of the danger. Again, it was both a mistake and my brothers companion's idea that led them here. The hike out would of been hours - in ski boots no way. The second party just blasted through the cornice in the middle of the bowl and dropped an avalanche on the party below. After my brother was buried, everyone including my brothers friend was gone off the mountain after 15 minutes. I would never leave my buried companion alone on the mountain especially when others had gone to call for help. There were three unhurt people and only one needed to go for help. Two could of searched. I would of dug with or without shovel, with skis, poles, or the bloody stumps of my hands if necessary to save someone.

He was found against some trees under just 4 and 1/2 feet of snow.

The news media had reported his partner had hiked out and obtained help. According to this report by investigators it was the second party that had triggered the avalanche that made the 911 contact. Why did the MSM get it wrong?

The same slide occurred in the same location 3 times in the past six weeks - it was an avalanche highway. Perfect place for...

edit on 3/16/14 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join