It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Worlds Policeman.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
That's the expression many have used regarding The U.S.
It looks like the wheels have fallen off the patrol car. Can we now get rid of this nonsense once and for all that "The U.S. Polices The World"

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

Dude, Team America police the world. It's an NGO. Lol

FU*K Yeah

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by EA006

Beat me to it damn it.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Still needs a vid......lol

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
The World Police needs an Internal Affairs division, that's for sure.
edit on 3-3-2014 by Cathcart because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

If the US is a policeman, then it is the one which performs the illegal searches, the murders for hire, informs the mob as to the whereabouts of witnesses, and sniffs all manner of things off of the toilet seats at the precinct, and feels up vulnerable suspects, not to mention using racial profiling purely to cause aggravation to everyone concerned. He's the one that cannot use just one bullet, but insists on busting as many caps as he can in the shortest possible amount of time, and drives slowly and deliberately past muggings in progress, while performing a traffic stop.

I would not trust the US government, or my own for that matter, to police a box of biscuits, let alone a planet full of sentient life forms.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

The difference with this situation is that Russia is a strong country and they aren't brown skinned and muslim.
Screwing with the Russians is different then screwing with the taliban,al-qaida or other poor people....you do see that don't you??

Can we now get rid of this nonsense once and for all that "The U.S. Polices The World"

Sure...the US only picks on people they know they can push around.

China...don't think so.
Russia...don't think so.

Poor brown skinned muslim people...we'll handle this.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Whatever happened to the UN?
When it was created back in the 1940's, it was supposed to take care of issues like this and act as the world's police force.

I guess Korea was the testing ground for that idea. That didn't work out. Those two countries are still at war.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I've always hated that term. And I was a career Soldier.

Where was the US when it came to Darfur, Rwanda, or Tibet, etc, etc? Oh yea, those didn't pertain to National Security. But yet we end up in Somalia, The Balkans, Iraq, etc, etc...

The idiots we have elected over the past two decades plus are wielding a double edged sword, thinking it's a butter knife.

Common sense is lost on those in power because it gets them nothing in return.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

butcherguy
Whatever happened to the UN?
When it was created back in the 1940's, it was supposed to take care of issues like this and act as the world's police force.

I guess Korea was the testing ground for that idea. That didn't work out. Those two countries are still at war.

I've wondered that myself. The UN is so corrupt it is astounding. The US should have dropped out and relocated that body to Geneva right after the Korean war as it has been shown to be useless ever since. It ranks right up there with the League of Nations. Lofty ideals, but no action.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Remember the Iraq thing...the UN said no.
The US government said USA USA USA screw you...were going.
The UN is useless and the US government are a disgrace.

On September 16, 2004 Secretary-General of the United Nations Kofi Annan, speaking on the invasion, said, "I have indicated it was not in conformity with the UN Charter. From our point of view, from the charter point of view, it was illegal."

Who made who??

edit on 3-3-2014 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

TDawgRex
Where was the US when it came to Darfur, Rwanda, or Tibet, etc, etc?

Darfur and Rwanda were defined as "genocide-like" acts, as opposed to genocides, so to keep up with the police metaphor, you could say they got off on a technicality. And Tibet was "legitimately annexed", if such a thing is even conceivable.

In both cases, however, the US isn't alone to take the blame. The entire international community (the UN, notably) was dishonest to the extreme, and the US simply went along with it.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

DrumsRfun

Remember the Iraq thing...the UN said no.
The US government said USA USA USA screw you...were going.
The UN is useless and the US government are a disgrace.

On September 16, 2004 Secretary-General of the United Nations Kofi Annan, speaking on the invasion, said, "I have indicated it was not in conformity with the UN Charter. From our point of view, from the charter point of view, it was illegal."

Who made who??

edit on 3-3-2014 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

And yet the US was able to craft together a coalition willing to go in. Many nations whose own Intel agencies told the same BS. (But that's for another thread).

The "Security Council" was around during the Korean war and was pretty evenly split when it came to opposing sides. Like I said, it's a useless organization. What wars have they stopped? What famines have they averted? etc...etc... None.
edit on 3-3-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

What wars have they stopped?

The war on peace??
The war on famine?
The war on human rights without propaganda??

They stopped all those wars either directly or indirectly.
I agree with you...useless bunch of paycheck grabbing scumbags who do nothing.

new topics

top topics

join