It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bolt hole (Replacing the Morning coffee thread)

page: 75
<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   
By now you have all seen my dog.

Right now we have a half decent thunder storm.

I like thunder storms. I was standing out watching, my dog is inside scratching the door, not to be let out, but for me to come in.

Now he is sitting so close, I can't move my chair.

He is a real chicken when thunder roars.

P

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely
a reply to: cody599

P just admonished me on the funnies thread ...

Hopefully it's all good !

I'll pop over and have a look mate.
I haven't been on there yet today, I'm going shopping soon and that always winds me up, the way Brits remove their brains as soon as a shopping trolley is placed in their hands.
Still it's always a good excuse for a little fun.

Cody

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Yeah
My old dog was the same P, definitely NOT a lap dog, and he doted on the ex girlfriend, but the first roll of thunder and he was all over me like a rash LOL.

Cody

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
By now you have all seen my dog.

Right now we have a half decent thunder storm.

I like thunder storms. I was standing out watching, my dog is inside scratching the door, not to be let out, but for me to come in.

Now he is sitting so close, I can't move my chair.

He is a real chicken when thunder roars.

P

My big dog cujo (bullmastiff x ridgeback) loves thunder storms and he loves rain too he loves too run around and go crazy in the backyard when there is a storm or rain its actually really hard for me to get him in he is insane!

My little one tho Xena (pitbull x american johnson bulldog) she is totally different she freaks out and cries and then doesnt leave my side until its over she is only 8 months old tho.

I love storms! We keep getting them in the forecast but not many happening!

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

LOL. I would have to get in there with him.

P

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Hey P

I just hacked your web cam mate

Cody

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Points for that !

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Cody, your good with photo shop

Here is my little pooch

Lol

P

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   

You have mail

I'm going to have my lunch now, so I'll catch you all later

Nice pooch P I might just come up with something, give blue eyes and you've damn near got Thor mate

Cody

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Cody, your good with photo shop

Here is my little pooch

Lol

P

He looks like a great dog !

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

give blue eyes and you've damn near got Thor mate

Thor was based on a real dog. Kept me sane during my late teens.

Must get someone to clean up the first one lol.

P

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

LMOA

I didn't notice until you pointed that out. Here you go mate, now you can put it on the mantle piece LOL

Cody

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

P, I made these if you want them, these are avatar size but I can send you the full size files if you want them.

Cody

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Classic !

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

give blue eyes and you've damn near got Thor mate

Thor was based on a real dog. Kept me sane during my late teens.

Must get someone to clean up the first one lol.

P

That really needs to go into the funny pics thread P

"When your pet makes you proud" LOL

Cody

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Morning/evening all

It must be that time again

Cody

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Thanks Cody! The two dogs are actually in the same weight range. The Alaskan Malamute probs has 5 Kilo/10 pounds on the German Shepherd but mainly in body mass.

Thor was around 50 - 55 kilo or 8 - 8.5 stone.

He could do this awesome low level warning growl if he even thought someone was going to raise their voice.

People were extremely polite in his presence.

Oh, the stories I could tell, including the self opinionated high and mighty security guard one afternoon. Lol. I laughed for a week.

P

edit on 27/10/2014 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Cool !

Tell us more mate !!

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   
This is back in about 1972, I was almost 15. Adelaide in South Australia is a city of around 800,000 people. Was a nice place to grow up in. Calm place, very safe most of the time.

So on a Saturday afternoon I am out with Thor running around an empty TAFE college. They taught mainly trade skills during the week. Great place to run the Dog off lead. It was spread out with 3 buildings on three levels. I would throw a tennis ball off the top floor, dog would run down three flights of stairs (good exercise for him) find and retrieve the ball and then he would have to find me because I would be hiding somewhere.

Great way to spend 3 hours or so. So on this afternoon, I throw the ball, Thor runs off to find it and I run in the opposite direction ..... straight into a security guard. They were having some problems with some idiot spray painting tags all over the place.

The Guard says, "Gotch ya."

I replied, "Got who or what?"

He says, "What are you doing here?"

I said, "Running around with my dog, why?"

So he makes this over dramatic look to his left, then his right and asks, "Is it invisible."

Now when I look past this guy and down to the lawn area, Thor has noticed, dropped the ball, pricks up his ears and switches to what I used to call his hunting mode. He became very serious as he started to make his way towards us. Ever seen a wolf hunting?

So the Guard takes out his radio and radios for the Police saying he has caught the spray painter. Then he takes out his batten and starts to get all macho, whacking it into his other hand.

He says, "Don't run or you will get this!"

Very quietly, Thor comes up behind him and noticed my hand signal, so he sat and waited, being very quiet. Why the Guard did not hear the minor panting I will never know.

So the Guard says, "The Police will be very interested in your invisible doggy. It really is a stupid excuse."

I started to chuckle and it just got worse as we waited and he continued to talk about my invisible doggy.

The Guard didn't like this much and seemed to get a little angrier as the time passed. The angrier he got, the more I was chuckling. All the time, thwack, thwack went his batten.

About 5 minutes later there are two sets of feet coming up the stair well. I still had my hand at my side, with my palm flat to keep Thor sitting still.

Two Police, one male and one female came around the corner. The stupid Guard is still going thwack, thwack and I am still smiling.

I said, "Hi Officers. Could you please ask this idiot to stop being so stupid with his Batten. My dog is going to rip him to pieces in a minute. It would only take one wrong move. Is this idiot supposed to be trying to frighten 14 year olds with that thing?

Before they could say anything the Guard yells, "Would stop with this effing invisible dog crap. You're running around here! There is no effing dog."

I started laughing again!

The Policeman, big guy, said, "Drop the batten, do it now!" The Guard says, "Why should I, he could have been dangerous!" The Policeman yells, "Drop the bloody thing."

Now there are raised voices and Thor is no longer sitting.

I looked at the Policeman and asked, "May I?" He answers, "Sure, why not."

I said, "Thor! Full warn!"

From behind the Guard come these intense savage growls. He turned around, saw Thor advancing, teeth bared. He dropped his batten and peed his pants.

I gave Thor the hand signal for sit and he did so. The Policeman walked up to the Guard and put cuffs on him saying, "Threatening children with a batten is a big no no. Your may need a new career." He took him away.

I unwrapped Thor's lead from around my waist and locked it on to his collar while giving him a lot of praise. The Policewoman checked my hands (I imagine for spray paint) took my details and then took a statement from me.

It wasn't much but when she asked, "Were you scared?" I chuckled and said, "No, it was quite funny, Thor sitting behind him while he was going on about invisible doggies and what a pathetic excuse it was. The only fear at all was what would have happened to him had he raised that batten!"

Never heard another thing about it. Ran into the occasional Guard now and again and they seemed to know me. They certainly knew Thor, even by name.

I wonder how that would play out in today's world.

P

edit on 27/10/2014 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join