It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Obama made these comments in 2008 on Meet the Press

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Message Received through the Paul Rever Email Network:
*note: The internet is a buzz with both pro and con on this issue.
I have not been able to locate the video of the following and maybe
part of a left -vs- right smear campaign on Mr. Obama.
I can not discount the gravity of this information. snopes and the like
tools claim it is a hoax. and the source appears to be MSNBC.
www.msnbc.msn.com...

The following is a narrative taken from a 2008 Sunday morning televised "Meet The Press'. The author (Dale Lindsborg) is employed by none other than the very liberal Washington Post!!

From Sunday's 07 Sept. 2008 11:48:04 EST, Televised "Meet the Press" THE THEN Senator Obama was asked about his stance on the American Flag.

General Bill Ginn' USAF (ret.) asked Obama to explain WHY he doesn't follow protocol when the National Anthem is played.
The General stated to Obama that according to the United States Code, Title 36, Chapter 10, Sec. 171...During rendition of the national anthem, when the flag is displayed, all present (except those in uniform) are expected to stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart. Or, at the very least, "Stand and Face It".

NOW GET THIS !! - - - - -

'Senator' Obama replied:

"As I've said about the flag pin, I don't want to be perceived as taking sides". "There are a lot of people in the world to whom the American
flag is a symbol of oppression.." "The anthem itself conveys a war-like message. You know, the bombs bursting in air and all that sort of thing."

(ARE YOU READY FOR THIS???)

Obama continued: "The National Anthem should be 'swapped' for something less parochial and less bellicose. I like the song 'I'd Like To Teach the World To Sing'. If that were our anthem, then, I might salute
it. In my opinion, we should consider reinventing our National Anthem
as well as 'redesign' our Flag to better offer our enemies hope and love.
It's my intention, if elected, to disarm America to the level of acceptance
to our Middle East Brethren. If we, as a Nation of waring people, conduct ourselves like the nations of Islam, where peace prevails - - - perhaps a
state or period of mutual accord could exist between our governments ."

When I become President, I will seek a pact of agreement to end hostilities between those who have been at war or in a state of enmity, and a freedom from disquieting oppressive thoughts. We as a Nation, have placed upon the nations of Islam, an unfair injustice which is WHY my wife disrespects the Flag and she and I have attended several flag burning ceremonies in the past".
"Of course now, I have found myself about to become the President of the United States and I have put my hatred aside. I will use my power to bring CHANGE to this Nation, and offer the people a new path.. My wife and I look forward to becoming our Country's First black Family. Indeed, CHANGE is about to overwhelm the United States of America "

Yes, you read it right.
I, for one, am speechless!!!
Dale Lindsborg , Washington Post

[edit on 6-4-2010 by Anti-Evil]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Is this some sort of Tea Party wet dream or something?... Because I need to see the source on this.

I'm no fan of the Long Legged Mack Daddy, Barry Sotero, but saying this on national TV to a General, pretty ballsy and I have not seen barry be very ballsy, mostly a liar.

Edit to add.
MSNBC does not have Barry as a guest that day, so.... complete BS.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

[edit on 6-4-2010 by wylee]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Evil

God yes please a link of the video, or the aduio clips something, I will send this thing everywhere, will see how long Barry makes it or what the those Crooked bastards in D.C have to say.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Evil

hey anti-evil if this is true in which i hope it is, the swarm of obamanuts will have absolutely no defense, so please to tell on your source

p.s getting tired of the defense of this man as it has become very clear he has not the best interest of the united states of America at heart!

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
THIS NEEDS TO BE MOVED TO HOAX!!!

The Pinocchio Test:

Anonymous attacks by e-mail are, or at least should be, un-American. This particular one was also wrong on the facts: the ceremony in question had nothing to do with the pledge of the allegiance.

We award the scoundrel who put the e-mail into circulation four Pinocchios.

blog.washingtonpost.com...

www.truthproduct.com...

www.factcheck.org...

www.politifact.com...

urbanlegends.about.com...

For people that care about reality

Analysis: No, Barack Obama didn't really say these asinine things. Nor does it say much for the intelligence of a segment of the American population that they believe he, or any serious presidential candidate, actually did.

Some of the words -- the sentences quoted first in the earlier variant above, such as "I like the song 'I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing.' If that were our anthem, then I might salute it" -- were put in Obama's mouth by conservative humorist John Semmens (see his October 27, 2007 column, "Semi-News, on the Arizona Conservative website). The intent was satirical.

Semmens was poking fun at two of the candidate's actions early on in the presidential campaign that were perceived by some as insufficiently patriotic -- his decision to stop wearing a U.S. flag pin, and his failure to place his hand over his heart during a rendition of the national anthem at a public event in 2007.

As if to demonstrate that smearmongering is a team sport, additional fabricated quotes were appended to the message on its journey from inbox to inbox (see variant #2 above), along with the false statement that Obama had uttered these words during an appearance on Meet the Press, and the false attribution to (nonexistent) Washington Post reporter Dale Lindsborg. Believe these lies at your own risk.

You people that continue to play off the stupidest things as reality need to do some introspection. You can't even spend a second of time to do the most basic of research before spreading disinformation?? Oh yeah, that's what you want to do. Get a life, YOU are the ones looking unpatriotic.

THIS NEEDS TO BE MOVED TO HOAX!!!

Best,
Skunknuts

P.S. And the people starring and flagging this tripe-why?? Does the truth not matter to you one iota?? Is propaganda pleasing to you? Ugh, just disgusting.

[edit on 4/6/2010 by skunknuts]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by skunknuts

No one was beliving it, until there was an actual video link with him saying it.... Dont get your panties in a bundle over nothing. There are plenty of other things to not like him for.... If this is a false statement it should be treated as such, if it isnt then it needs to go viral.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
[edit on 6-4-2010 by Maxmars]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet

No one was beliving it, until there was an actual video link with him saying it.... Dont get your panties in a bundle over nothing. There are plenty of other things to not like him for.... If this is a false statement it should be treated as such, if it isnt then it needs to go viral.

What do you mean 'if it isn't then it needs to go viral??'

This is rehashed, recycled, trash that already went viral back in 2008.

Do you not see how this destroys the credibility and mission of ATS? Wherever this poster got this tripe should NEVER be regarded as a credible source of information, ever.

And, what is the point of the starring and flagging system? Is it really just an indication of 'derr, I like.' Isn't it supposed to be an indication of worth?

Yeah, tell me not to get my panties in a bundle, but everyday 30 of these stories are posted, and you know what, people believe it. This site should be a place to mock propaganda, not promote it.

Best,
Skunknuts

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
This is a clear HOAX. Obama wasn't even on Meet the Press on that date.

Here is a link to the Transcript of the show on that date:

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Joe Biden was on there, but not Obama.

What garbage this thread is! Pure propaganda...

MODS? HOAX?

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anti-Evil
Message Received through the Paul Rever Email Network:

OP, if I were you, I would unsubscribe from the Paul Revere Network, as with lies like this, they are wasting your time...and damaging your credibility when you post such nonsense without even doing a little thing called fact checking.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Seriously..if this doesn't get moved to HOAX...there is something very very wrong with ATS...and it will be clear that they have an agenda.

I'm going to start posting chain emails I get that if you forward it to 10 people...you will win the lottery if this doens't get moved to HOAX.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anti-Evil
I like the song 'I'd Like To Teach the World To Sing'. If that were our anthem, then, I might salute
it.

Pure comedy gold.

Even if this is a hoax, it's worth reading for that gem alone.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
giving the OP the benefit...I searched all about for the video of this...but surprise surprise I couldn't find it (I know I may not be the best digger...but I spent quite a bit on different search engines looking for it)

OP, where's the video?

On a side note, I took a day break from ATS...come back on today and find an anti Obama thread that has very little real sourcing on the front page, and now this one...i'm concerned...

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I'm not really a fan of Obama. But I am a fan of the truth - and this is not true.

FactCheck - Obama wants to change national anthem?

No. That's false. The quote was one conservative writer's idea of a joke, which has been picked up and repeated as though it were true in a chain e-mail.

It began with a column dated Oct. 27, 2007, on a Web site called the Arizona Conservative, which is written by John Semmens and clearly labeled as humor. His column, in fact, is called "Semi-News -- A Satirical Look at Recent News."

Nevertheless, his column on Obama has been copied and sent around in e-mails, masquerading as true stories.

Below is a link to the JOKE column that started it all. It is satire - in the same vein as the "The Onion". Not a word of it is true.

Oct' 07 - JOHN SEMMENS: Semi-News -- A Satirical Look at Recent News

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Do people research before they post on this site? Wow that is horrible...

Yes this should be deleted or moved to HOAX asap....

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
OMG, No he didn't

Whats next? Turbans?

If Obama SADDAM OBAMA wants "Heal The World" as the national anthem I am outty.

I got an email that he was caught pissing upon Jeffersons grave out in California,
when will this stop? The constitution is crying and he is pretty dang tough you know...

Why do you hate America?

[edit on 6-4-2010 by Janky Red]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I meant that if it was true, then the nation needs to see it, it obviously is a very false statement.

We get stuff like this every day on here, and its either thrown out as trash or we run with it, this is no different. On top of that I never heard that any statement like this fact or fiction was ever made...

I didn’t star or flag it, until I see proof, but it’s obvious that there is no truth to the matter. So you see this is why I said don’t get your panties in a bundle, the truth came out, and the OP is pushing garbage.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I have notified the MODS to HOAX this thread, yet they choose not to do so. MODS, I suppose you owe no explanation for your inaction; yet, somehow I feel that an explanation is owed.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

And the sad thing is that there was a MOD who replied to this post, and deleted it,...so we know they are aware of it.

I also alerted them of this being a HOAX...but still nothing. I have suspected for a long time that ATS has a right leaning agenda...I'm just saddened to find out that it may be true.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
While it is sad to have a president rationalize away the meaning of the American Flag, I am still expecting Obama to offer up a new flag for America because the one we have is such a symbol of oppression.

Pretty soon I can just expect that Obama will want a new American Flag designed with him in mind and with his vision of what American society should be. A new flag that represents the new hope and change for the planet.

Perhaps a Black Flag with a giant "O" in the center and no stars. Only one single "O". Perhaps a cape and some super hero suit could also be adopted. Then we could call for Obama like they do Batman with some signal in the sky.

Lets hope that Obama the lying professor who never was a constitutional professor one day soon gets reminded of just what the American Flag really stands for because we all know Obama does not stand for the American Flag or the American Constitution or our bill of Rights. Obama is exactly what he appears to be. A lying, disloyal, corrupt politician, who is a deceitful deceiver of the masses, intent on destroying America by financial means for Obama's banking, corporate and wall street masters.

We deserve better, but for the moment we are seeing "Exactly" what is wrong for America and most Americans will now admit that Obama was a huge mistake that needs to be removed before there is a revolution in America which Obama seeks to start in order to appear to have the solution to fix it. Of course Obama's fix will be Martial Law, rounding up everyone and sending everyone to FEMA death camps. Even after being rounded up and sent to a FEMA death camp there will still be loyal Obama followers that are too blind and too ignorant to know that Obama was the worst evil this nation could have ever supposedly elected.

If anyone, really thinks Obama is going to restore honor in government, you better wake up, because Obama has no honor for anyone and just wants to destroy what American society stands for by collapsing our economy.

Thanks for the posting.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join