It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I keep getting Census forms!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Well today my whole neighborhood got another census form to fill out. Same as the original. In the last three weeks this is the fourth time I have gotten a census form to mail in. I have no idea why but I can only speculate that as usual, the damned government doesn't have a clue what's going on! I called them and got a non-answer. That being I had to come down to the local office and explain what it was i was having trouble with. The dizzy idiot I talked to could not get it through their head that I was getting multiples. She kept asking if I was having trouble answering the questions or was I making a complaint, over and over! I finally asked for a supervisor. They put me on hold for 15 minutes then just hung up on me!

Anyone else have this happen to them? How did you respond?

Zindo

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

No problem here. I got one form in the mail, filled it out in about 5 minutes, sent it in and have heard nothing since.

No predator missle at my apartment door yet.. keep your fingers crossed

also, I think someone else made a thread about multiple sensus forms.. not sure though. try a search.

[edit on 1-4-2010 by MIMRblazin]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I've only received one too. I filled it out and sent it in a month ago.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I haven't gotten either census form yet. Is that weird?

I did get the "the census form is coming soon" mailing, though.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
My upstairs neighbor just got home and I asked her if she had one in today's mail. She had TWO in her mailbox today!! This is a real mystery to me. I'm really interested to see if this is just a local problem or if others are seeing this happen!

Zindo

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

The government cant ever get a balanced budget in on time, even though its due at the same time every year...now you expect them to get the census right when it has to be done only once every 10 yrs????

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
You're not the only one! Check out this other ATS thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Census people showed up today.

They actually asked my how many sheets of toilet paper I used to wipe my ass.

I told them it was none of their business. That didn't stop them though. I had to take a dump in front of an IRS agent.

He had me at gunpoint on the toilet.

It's a good thing I was on the crapper...I might have pooped my pants.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Answer is here

They sent out two in hopes of "reminding" people to fill them out. You can toss it if you sent in the first one.

David!

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I wonder how much that cost us? Seems they don't mind wasting money!

Zindo

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
Well today my whole neighborhood got another census form to fill out.

Well, fill it out and send it back, along with another copy of your billing invoice for your time having to process and return another form. BTW, I billed them $50, that my current rate, same rate I charge if anyone from the government or the corporate world wants to talk to me on the phone. "Due to the high volume of incoming inquiries about my life, I now find it necessary to charge a $50 fee if you desire to speak with me. If you consent to this charge, press #1 to enter your credit card number."

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

Oh man!!! I love that. I think I'll try it just to see if they leave me alone or give me crap!!

Zindo

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
So? I wish I could be so lucky. I would be sending in 4 fakes this year.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I got my second one today too. I looked at the letter that accompanied it. It seems that if you've already responded, we can throw the second one away. Wasting our money and treating us like idiots.
By the way, when I did fill out my census, I only entered the number of inhabitants of this home and sent it in. I am just waiting for the poor census taker to knock on my door. Nothing says I have to answer my own door.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I'm probably going to get flamed to death for this, but, what exactly is the big problem with the government wanting to keep an adequate record of how many people are currently living in the country ever decade or so?

Is there something wrong with wanting to know how many families, or people of a specific gender, or what the racial breakdown of our country is?

Maybe I'm not as up-to-date on the conspiracies concerning the census form, but, it seems like a relatively harmless piece of paper that will help sociological research and historical research in the future.

After all, how can our country better itself if everyone decides that no one needs to know they are living here? If you don't let someone in the government know that you're living in the country, how can they provide food, jobs or medical coverage for you?

As for the paper it's printed on and the taxation of such - I'm no expert but last I knew there were specialized paper mills where trees were grown specifically for being used as paper. And how much taxation could there be to send out census forms? When I did my taxes this year there was nothing about the census form on them. In fact, the government sent me money because they overcharged me throughout the year.

Maybe I'm just missing something. Anyone care to enlighten me?

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

I agree that it should be a non-threatening process and when it first was implemented it was. Constitutionally all we need do is answer how many people live at your address in anonymity . Now, as some have mentioned, they want to know many intimate details of your life that are NONE of the governments business. When first looking at these questions they seem innocuous but further study and seeing what they've done with this info in the past, it is used for social engineering instead of the process of figuring out our representation in the House of Representatives as it was initially done!
This social engineering by these people have lead to more and more unfunded mandates on the tax payers and that isn't what it should be used for!

Zindo

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
We, too, keep getting the same form (3x now) after we already filled it in and sent it back.

Both times I said "well maybe it's a different, more detailed form" but nope - same form.

Wasteful and annoying.

I already sent the form in so im just setting them aside rather than chucking them to keep my fear of lawbreaking at bay.

-jennybeth

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I have read that some people are getting asked more intimate questions on the census survey. I think I'll go look up the current survey form and see what kinds of questions are on it.

Being that I still live with a large group of people here it's never my job to fill out the census form. But, thanks for the heads-up. I'll go look up the current form and see what it's all about.

* Edit *

Alright, question 8: is person A of Hispanic, Latino or Spanish origin? seems like the kind of thing the government has no need of knowing. Otherwise though, the remaining questions don't seem very offensive to me. I looked it up here and they do a good job outlining how many years each question has been asked, and why.

* Edit *

~ Wandering Scribe

[edit on 2/4/10 by Wandering Scribe]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
yea i never filled them out, i didnt feel them out 10 years ago either, they sent census taker to house that time but just never answered door and was never bothered again.

plus my situation the house and property isnt in my name and im not really in the system since all the bills are in another's name that passed away and I took over but just never got around to transferring stuff out of their name.

and it's such a tiny town 2 redlights noone cares

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone

Anyone else have this happen to them? How did you respond?

Zindo

yes.. But i wont fill it out a third time.. this waste of $$$$ ,, makes me kooky.

if and when somebody comes by,, i wont sign anything usless they get to hear my story of how i got the "slippery when wet" tattoo on the top of my foot..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join