It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberals getting fed up with Obama?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I ran across this when I was reading "ihatethemedia.com"
www.ihatethemedia.com...-22114

Love that site

The DailyKos, is a site I have heard of but never visited. Apparently it is a very liberal site. But even on these sites, people are begining to complain about their president. I just wanted to post a list from ihatethemedia of posts that are now complaining about Obama. This is not a GOP site, so I found it amusing that such criticism could/would be found on such an apparent liberal website.

Mods, I hope this is ok with T&C and is in the right place.

I don’t understand Obama’s MOA, or something. Maybe he is weak, on a slow learning curve, maybe he will surprise us in all those wonderful ways. I don’t know anymore, and the bitterness I am hearing in these comments I can understand.
- 
by boomerchick on Sun Sep 06, 2009 at 01:08:25 AM PDT

What bothers me is that Obama seems to believe his own hype about post-partisanship.
- 
by magnetics on Sun Sep 06, 2009 at 01:10:13 AM PDT

We are stuck with him now …

-by michael1104 on Sun Sep 06, 2009 at 03:02:25 AM PDT

What good has it done having 60 Senate and 265 House seats? Might as well have had 55 and 240–the higher numbers have made zero difference which is especially troubling to watch when in theory it should be providing us significant reforms with a (formerly) very very popular president with a clear mandate. Obama has squandered that opportunity time and again, to the point where clearly Congress does not fear him and hardly respects him. He is governing like he won by 1 point, not like he won in a landslide. The coat-tails meant nothing in the end if he is totally unwilling to impose his will on a Congress that his party controls by huge margins, it’s absolutely pathetic to watch. And if this continues 2010 will be a disaster.

- by michael1104 on Sun Sep 06, 2009 at 04:00:08 AM PDT

He didn’t win in a landslide, and he ONLY won because many Republicans voted for Obama, rather than McCain, whom they considered a RINO. Without the Republican vote, McCain would have won. Check the stats! … The people who planned this coup are idiots, as you all now can plainly see. Hopefully we won’t have to wait four years to change up the playing field.
- 
by Hillary2008 on Sun Sep 06, 2009 at 10:01:39 AM PDT

And if this continues 2010 will be a disaster. Boy, isn’t that an understatement. Even if we lose two senate seats it will be perceived as a disaster.
- by alliedoc on Sun Sep 06, 2009 at 10:04:54 AM PDT

Well I’m not giving up just yet either after 7 months, however the way things are going I think I will eventually. Time will tell, but the signs are anything but good. The administration’s performance thus far either points to unbelievable naivete or this was the plan all along in which case everyone got conned. Both prospects are equally bad.

- by michael1104 on Sun Sep 06, 2009 at 10:35:28 AM PDT

record of what? he didn’t stand behind his words. Back them up, don’t cave to the pressure. Each day gets worse. Yah, we’re getting change alright.
- 
by owendebanks on Sat Sep 05, 2009 at 11:14:36 PM PDT

Obama is a weak, weak, people pleasing man. The only trouble is, he spends all his time trying to please the powerful, rather than the constituents that worked hard for him and voted him into office.

- by LivinginReality on Sat Sep 05, 2009 at 11:45:17 PM PDT

This is like Carter redux.
- 
by willibro on Sun Sep 06, 2009 at 01:11:15 AM PDT

I’m 64 and its the the most cowardly I have ever seen! … How did we ever elect this eunuch? I have to confess my blame as well.

- by Anthony Segredo on Sun Sep 06, 2009 at 03:43:57 AM PDT

A gutless administration. No one in this White-house has what it takes. I truly feel its downhill from here on.

- by Voodoo king on Sat Sep 05, 2009 at 10:00:10 PM PDT

Yup. With this, I’m given one less reason to give the President my vote when he runs for reelection. If he can’t stand up to the likes of Glenn Beck, where does that leave us?
- 
by felldestroyed on Sat Sep 05, 2009 at 10:50:08 PM PDT

Gutless. Hey, where did that guy go that made that fierce speech in Chicago post being elected? Quite the vanishing act. Only took a few weeks to become like every other politician. What gives? Did we read him wrong from the start? He has disappointed in every possible manner. The only change I see is in color and grammar. Disappointed? That does not even begin to cover my feelings.

- by HansaGruber on Sun Sep 06, 2009 at 07:22:07 AM PDT

Fight back for a white-house that doesn’t fight for itself. Give it a rest. It’s a pity, if only I could turn back time I’ll do things differently.

- by Voodoo king on Sat Sep 05, 2009 at 10:04:15 PM PDT

Wack jobs. My head is spinning. Where did that fierce “community organizer” go? We now have Mr. Complacency. This latest resignation shows that this man will do everything to garner favor with the right wing nut jobs. I find it hard to believe he did not realize who voted for him? It wasn’t the gun, bible and what nots that put him in office. Good luck in 2012 Mr. Obama if you don’t grow a pair. I want a refund.

- by HansaGruber on Sun Sep 06, 2009 at 07:24:24 AM PDT

You’re so right crazy like a fox. If I said the things on my mind about how I feel about Obama and his administration this september night I’ll probably just get banned from this site. But I’ll say this, I believe health care reform is dead. This guys just don’t have what it takes. They’re living in a bubble. They have a disdain for progressives, including the president I believe.
- 
by Voodoo king on Sat Sep 05, 2009 at 10:11:53 PM PDT

If I could vote again in the primary I would vote for Hillary Clinton today. Yes I said I would vote for Hillary. I don’t care anymore about this administration.
- 
by Voodoo king on Sat Sep 05, 2009 at 10:31:11 PM PDT

For all the good it would have done me. If I could vote again, I’d vote for Kucinich. It wouldn’t have made a difference, but I wouldn’t have quite so profound a disappointment as I currently have.

- by costello7 on Sat Sep 05, 2009 at 10:36:23 PM PDT

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I've seen it too in some of the liberal media I monitor. One example is The Young Turks:

In the video he mentions that the USA is owned by the corporations, and that Obama's not a real leader, just another politician playing the politics game like all the others.

I think health-care has been one of the biggest wake-ups where the liberals realize now they aren't going to get what they want (and Obama promised). Up until now they seem to have been placated when Obama didn't do what he said he would, they were able to rationalize it, but I think many of them see health-care as such a huge issue, they can't brush it off anymore.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by harpsounds

Thanks for the video. I think this is spot on.

Obama IS a politician, NOT a leader!

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Some people had really unrealistic expectations of Obama during his campaign. They heard what they wanted to hear and ignored what they didn't like. And of course, now they're disappointed.

I think a lot of people foresaw that these people would be disappointed. I know I did. He's a politician, for sure. Whoever didn't see that has had their head in the sand.

Whether or not he's a leader is yet to be determined, in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Just my humble opinion of course, but I think ALOT more people are going to be disappointed before this is all said and done.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I think it's pretty clear - do Bush things, you're gonna wind up with about as many supporters.

Die-hard Bush supporters never swayed in their devotion.

Die-hard Obama supporters will be the same way - no matter what he does or doesn't do, he could never do wrong.

Nice find, Mike. It's nice to know some people don't buy into the idolatry, and proves that real non-partisan persons can see both the good and the bad choices that are made, and not just what they want to see.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Mike, just what are you doing reading a liberal site? huh?

*eyes you suspiciously*

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

To know ones enemy is to. . . .something, something. . .

Alright, I'm busted. My real name is Karl Rove.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by orderedchaos

It is refreshing to see that, isn't it? Who knows, maybe we might accidently end up with someone right in the White House one day.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Huffington Post

(Yes .. the left wing Huffington Post)

Article title - Olbermann: Obama Could Face Primary Challenge In 2012 Election If Public Option Is Dropped

Olbermann agreed, adding that "He's compromised on everything so far and as self-defeating as it may be, the progressive caucus and progressives would abandon him if necessary, if this was to be the policy of this administration into 2012. If it's necessary to find somebody else to run against him, I think they'd do it, no matter how destructive that may seem at face value."

WOW .. if even radical left winger (and loon) Olbermann is talking about it ...

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Be careful FF, I've been accused of reading liberal sites, they might catch on to us

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
What I find odd about some of these comments, is I don't see where the President has Compromised.

He has done, or tried to do everything, they way he imagined. But once the General Public started to stand up to him, (Health Care, his speech to the children, the Cambridge Police incident, etc) he has been shown to be weak.

I don't know if he really is weak or if he is lying in the weeds to drop a bomb on the General Public which will make this all look like child's games.

Remember Rahm Emanuel is not going to allow him to be weak.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by slipkid

By liberal interpretation, he has compromised.

They are yet to be living in the Utopia they invisioned when they elected Obama.

And, being the politician that he is, he fed that belief just to get elected.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
It's all the Republican's fault, they plant people in the Town Hall Meetings, now they're putting them on Liberal websites and newspapers. They did this *finger point* they did that *finger point* we can't be held responsible, we're innocent, even though we're in power our brain is being washed by... Ooops, I'm starting to sound like the media. Maybe I should turn off the news. *click*

new topics

top topics

join