It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Election: First Evidence of possible cheating

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Demotix source link.

Iranian presidential candidate's code, Mehdi Karrubi, on the ballot paper should be 66 and Mohsen Rezaii, the other candidate should be 55, but as can be seen on this ballot paper the codes have been swapped and overwritten. Rezaii is expected to receive the least number of votes, so many of Karrubi's votes in this way will be counted as Rezaii's votes by the computers.

If this comes to be true then my conspiracy side of things makes me want to wonder what part the US might have in this. The US would want a certain winner in this election which is evident in their lack of discussion over who they want. I personally think that they do not want to let everyone know who they might be "helping" get elected in case scandal comes into play.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

Why should we jump to the conclusion that the US rigged the elections at all. What would be the point? The President of Iran is just a figurehead and a mouth piece, he has very little real power.

Now if you said we assasinated the Ayattolah (sp?), I might look into that.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
go figure.

computers shouldnt be used for voting. period. wayyyyy too easy to manipulate it.

why dont they just get everyone to show up in a big field and whoever you want, go stand behind them.

THEN HAVE A BATTLE!!!

and thats how you decide

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Because the US tampers with almost everything. This is a well known fact. They have tampered with other countries elections on multiple occasions. Oh thats righ we have "Obama" now, so that makes our government different now.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

Thats a common misconception. The President does have alot of power, yet does get reigned in by the Ayatollah should he really go against the grain.

It is worthwhile noting that Iran is, by far, the largest country in the entire ME that directly elects it's leader, even if that leader has to then answer to the Religious heirachy.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Why would the USA have anything to do with this? the supreme leader makes all the decision when it comes to the nuclear program etc which is what lots of countries are all taking a hissy fit about As the other poster said,it has to do with the electronic voting system,here in the uk we had serious trouble with it also,thousands upon thousands of ballots were not counted because of it.I think the same has happened here.

[edit on 12-6-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeaderOfProgress
Because the US tampers with almost everything.

Spare me.

Remember, the US has trouble holding there OWN elections, let alone tampering with anyone else.

And are you under the impressions that the Russians, Chinese, or anyone else out there that might benefit wouldn't tamper????

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

The problems came from what I feel and so many others as well was election fraud. There was vote tampering in the US elections. Research ACORN.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeaderOfProgress
The problems came from what I feel and so many others as well was election fraud. There was vote tampering in the US elections. Research ACORN.

Hey, I don't have a problem believing that there was voter fraud. I have a problem with anyone automatically saying, "It's the US that's cheating!!". I bet there's a lot of countries out there that would benefit from having one or the other dude in power.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Bit more evidence here:

tehranbureau.com...

Interested what we can dig up to substantiate this.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Full debate here:

thelede.blogs.nytimes.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
That linear graph is no good as coup evidence:

www.fivethirtyeight.com...

Here is the "best evidence":

www.juancole.com...

new topics

top topics