It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis found ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2002 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Underwater Megalithic Structures Near Western Cuba

Now this year, Ms. Zelitsky reports that about 2,200 feet off Cuba's western tip she has found "a huge land plateau with clear images of what appears to be manmade large-size architectural designs partly covered by sand. From above, the shapes resemble pyramids, roads and buildings."

dwij.org...

posted on Dec, 31 2002 @ 09:07 AM
link   
There's no way it could be Atlantis, UP.

It doesn't match with the description (which is very brief) given by Plato. It's too far off course and if they'd known about an Atlantis there, they would have also known about Cuba, the Bermuda Triangle, Florida, and South America.

posted on Dec, 31 2002 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Who's to say Plato knew what he was talking about. As far as I know he never visited the place.

posted on Dec, 31 2002 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Yep.That's right.He learned Altantis when he was in Egypt.

The most important thing is not if it's Atlantis or not. The important thing is what they found in Cuba coastlines.

It's a huge and vast citie, under water. With pyramids, buildings, streets and so on.

posted on Dec, 31 2002 @ 11:22 PM
link   
UP -- Plato never visited Egypt. He never left Athens, in fact.

Do you have links showing the pyramids, etc, underwater? I don't doubt you but sometimes these "news sources" report things that are speculation and not truth.

posted on Jan, 1 2003 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Here you go Byrd

Underwater City

posted on Jan, 1 2003 @ 12:35 AM
link   
People think that they may have used to cross the Altantic using atlantis as a rest stop. People also think that the atlanteans and the Egyptians were far more advanced than most people think. I saw a piece of jewelry that the gld was grafted onto it in a way that could have only been done using electricity

posted on Jan, 1 2003 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
UP -- Plato never visited Egypt. He never left Athens, in fact.

Sorry Byrd.

Plato went to Egypt, in 390 BC and left Egypt to Athens in 388 BC where he builded his Academia.

posted on Jan, 1 2003 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Atlantis meaning from the Atlantic Ocean. Plato presented the idea of an island in the Atlantic. Me thinks perhaps what is called today the Caribbean was then accepted as part of the Atlantic.

posted on Jan, 1 2003 @ 10:08 PM
link   
he never said "the atlantic ocean" he said "past the pillars of hurcules" which is widely believed to be the strait of gibraltar, but it might be a few other straits in the mediteranean that would explain atlantis easily

posted on Jan, 2 2003 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Why Not Look for A-Tlan-Tis in Mexico?

An ancient, spiral-shaped harbor with high banks or dikes lining the channels had once existed near San Lorenzo Tenochtitl�n, exactly as described by Plato. Robles y Guti�rrez said that the extremely fertile plains and jungles in the area are cross-crossed with the ruins of many ancient irrigation canals, as well as manmade irrigation lagoons, some with the masonry lining their banks still intact - and still potentially usable! The archeological remains in San Lorenzo supposedly belong to the Olmec culture. The Olmecs themselves were either survivors of the Atlantis disaster or latecomers to the area.

The country now called Mexico did not originally have that name. It is named after the Mexica (Meshika) a.k.a. Aztecs (really Aztatecas), a bloodthirsty, cannibalistic, and bellicose tribe that once lived in and around what is now Mexico City, about 50 to 75 miles in each direction. All the non-Meshika tribes, from Central America to our own American Southwest, hated and feared them. This negative legacy still exists among Mexico's non-Meshika indigenous peoples who bitterly oppose being called mexicanos, even infecting the mestizo and White citizens inhabiting the various regions of this badly divided but fascinating and enigmatic country.

Why are the initial A and final Tis missing in Mexican place names containing Tlan?

Hard evidence suggests that Sanskrit is the father of most world-class languages. If we use Sanskrit to explain the true meaning of "Atlantis," we'll learn that the initial A means "Not; No longer." The final Tis derives from the Sanskrit Desa, Des, or Tes, meaning "Nation." Atlantis = "No-Longer-the-'Tlan'-or-'Toll�n'-Nation." When A-Tlan-Tis sank under the ocean named after it, it certainly ceased to exist. However, the westernmost extreme of Atlantis, which is Mexico, is still above water. It continues to be Toll�n or Tlan.

More : Link

posted on Jan, 8 2003 @ 01:24 PM
link   
What ? No more any posts on this nice topic ?

What's happened ?

posted on Jan, 10 2003 @ 07:55 PM
link   
ITS THE SUNKEN CITY OF R'LYEH!!!!!!
RUN!!!!!

posted on Jan, 10 2003 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Okay, I know I'm the resident skeptic, but I'm not going to believe there's a city down there until someone swims down (or sends a sub down) and takes pictures of houses... houses that have doors and windows. Not blocks of stone the same shape as houses.

I am inclined to believe a natural formation, but I can be convinced otherwise if there's good documentation and good pictures.

posted on Jan, 11 2003 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Aaaaah Byrd, you are not a romantic and dreamer like me.
Why don't you have the holly faith ?

The want to send a mini-sub in this area.So, we'll know ( I hope ) in a short time what's there.

And you Necro99, what's this city ? R'LYEH ?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

It took 10 years, but here's those pics you wanted.

Article
edit on 23-1-2013 by SeriousIndividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Just because an ancient city is found near the current coast but now flooded when sea levels rose hundreds of feet during the melting of polar ice packs after the last Ice Age does not make it Atlantis!
There are hundreds of submerged coastal towns and cities built thousands of years ago waiting still to be found.

It is about time people stopped making this old fallacy. But of course they never do because they all want to become another Hiram Bingham and become world famous.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

But still a great find none the less.
This is many times greater than the Baltic Sea anomaly.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by micpsi
Just because an ancient city is found near the current coast but now flooded when sea levels rose hundreds of feet during the melting of polar ice packs after the last Ice Age does not make it Atlantis!
There are hundreds of submerged coastal towns and cities built thousands of years ago waiting still to be found.

Yup, exactly.

Anyone who says ATLANTIS FOUND needs to chill out.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Damn talk about a zombie thread..

new topics

top topics

join