It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Before the big bang & Internet/cyberspace !!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Hi all had an idea which i was hoping for some feedback
I know many talk about the big band and if it is what really happened then what was before the big bang.

Well I started thinking of the internet and cyberspace in general, i foresee that one day the internet will be similar to our universe but in a digital realm. There will be AI , we will play virtual game in this digital universe and so forth , now let say the AI in this digital universe had the same question, they would see the turning on of the internet as their big bang , they would not know what was before it cause there was nothing before it in their digital realm only a before in the parent reality (our reality)

Couldn’t we say that this could explain what was before our big band the turning on of this universe by a parent reality ?. Perhaps what we call artificial is incorrect perhaps we should use the term sub reality or child reality rather than artificial , who are we to say that our infant digital reality will not become a fully blown universe which eventually gives birth to its child reality ?

What do you all think?

[edit on 15-3-2008 by mouldy crumpet]

[edit on 15-3-2008 by mouldy crumpet]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Couldn’t we say that this could explain what was before our big band the turning on of this universe by a parent reality ?

This parent reality is called darkness and God. However, thats all relative on your religion or beliefs.

There is no spoon.

[edit on 16-3-2008 by zarlaan]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mouldy crumpet

excellent post! in fact there is quite a lot of evidence to suggest that this is indeed happening even in our reality. the more digital data we pour into the internet the more "Resolution" we add to cyberspace. eventually there will be a system of direct live streaming of one reality into another. in fact the new baby reality might even supersede the parent reality based on the parameters of its design. as we become more digitally infused and start spending more time online it not unimaginable to hypothesize that one day we will spawn a reality similar to our own but co inhabited with artificial constructs and biological consciousness. interesting times ahead indeed.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Good thought provoking post.

How about this........What if we are a 'sub reality' of another, just like what you were saying....

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   

I think your typo of "big band" is closer to the truth! If I were to watch a video showing the creation of the universe, Big Band jazz would be the perfect soundtrack!

There is no way at this point to rule out or prove nested realities, intelligent creation, cycles of creation and destruction, or any of the other theories and musings. However, the theory that our universe is at least many trillion years old and created by intelligent life has proven workable for certain important purposes.

Assuming there IS one "right" answer, it is unclear to me that finding it is really that important at this point.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by l_e_cox]

new topics

top topics

join