It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truth in Prophecy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I was thinking about something today. It seems as if a lot of the newsworthy things happening nowadays are being pointed at by a lot of devout religious people as being fulfillments of once sort of prophecy or another.
Im mostly talking about the christians, since they make up most of the religious folks out there.

Im just imagining that if a lot of the poeple of the world (and more than a few of them being the ones in power as well) really believe that a certain thing is supposed to happen a certain way, then don't you think that they will make it happen? Sort of like a self fulfilling prophecy?

Maybe more than a few world leaders have done a lot of stupid things thinking that "I am the ONE!". Like maybe one day they actually will start making people take the 'mark of the beast'(whatever they determine that to be) because they just all think that well.......its about time to start doing that isnt it? The book says so.

This just worries me to no end, but then so do a lot of things that religious zealots do.

Just wondering what people think about this.....if this is a repost, then Im sorry.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Well I'm guessing if a large amount of people think a thing is going to happen or "someone" will do something terrible. Then "someone" will see this, and have some form of mental illness or something (chances are of the millions that see a religious prophecy Some have to be mentally ill). But maybe they are not dumb and are convinced they are the antichrist or something, and maybe they are charismatic and extremely rich, then next thing you know you have a president that is the antichrist or is convinced he is the antichrist at least, and then he would do things like the antichrist so yea, I guess it isn't exactly a good thing when someone plants some crazy prophecy that they pulled out of their asses in a book that millions of people read.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
i think this stems from a lot of bad # happening lately and there jsut being more fringe groups with more members.
the thing that alwasy interested me was that everyone predicts things after they happened. thast easy. nobody has ever actually correctly predicted an event (within reason, i dont mean like a football game) until after it.
sides, if they can predict it, y didnt they stop it?
the self-fufilling thing? i dunno, but maybe thats how it works. its like in the matrix, when neo knocks over the flower pot when the oracle tells him not to worrow about it. but wud he have done it if she hadnt said anything?

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I think alot of predictions are BS, but some may have truth...and those are very rare.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Now if thier were more optimistic prophecies I would like to believe.

I do believe that the world is going to change dramaticly in the next decade or so, but its just a hunch, gut feeling.

Deep

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep

if there were any optimistic ones theyd be forgotten about because nobody likes being happy, they revel in suffering. deep down, everyones jewish.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
[quoteif there were any optimistic ones theyd be forgotten about because nobody likes being happy, they revel in suffering. deep down, everyones jewish.

Let me tell you the one thing I have against Moses. He took us forty years into the desert in order to bring us to the one place in the Middle East that has no oil!

- Golda Meir

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Why did the Jews wander for 40 years in the desert?
One of them lost a quarter.

speaking of which (oh, looky with the transition!) it has been said that the great pyramid in egypt has been used to predict the coming (first) of Christ, WWII, and Hiroshima/Nagasaki. im sry i dun have a link or harder evidence, but i read it a bunch of years back

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   

I do believe that the world is going to change dramaticly in the next decade or so, but its just a hunch, gut feeling.

Deep

Youre right. I believe as well that something drastic is going to happen. Same time frame too, I think. Give it about a decade. I just wonder where these "gut feelings" come from.

Maybe theyre only there because we share an idea that a lot of other people have (because of prophecy, etc); that some pending disaster is just on the horizon.

Or maybe were only on the same track as the people that made the prophecies in the first place, they were just more perceptive.

Interesting. Just wonder where that info comes from, if thats the case. I dont think it is.
Like I said. People that have a strong belief in very vague ideas are dangerous.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Deep

A lot of people have the same feeling... so is it prophetic? You KNOW deep down inside of you that something big is about to happen in the world, but you can't say what.

new topics

top topics

join