It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question on Deja Vu

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
What is Deja Vu? Is it a tool, a warning, or just pure coincidence?

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Its creepy, and thats about all I know for sure.
I have Deja Vu about once every 2 months or so, and it usually seems like I dreamed about it the night before. Could just be my mind playing tricks on me though.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Search function. Between Member List and FAQ. Up there by the pretty picture of ________.

*EDIT: Damn I never knew the picture changes randomly, thats pretty phat. Learn something new everyday...

[Edited on 2-4-2004 by insite]

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 01:15 AM
link   
According to Sceptic Magazine, Deja -vu is thought to occue due to a synapsis (spelling) in our brains.
Thats all I remember, sorry.

Deep

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Deja Vu happens to me all the time. Most of the time I go to a new place, I get the feeling that I've been here before...same thing with conversations.

Maybe I am just imagining.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I have had a lot of deja vu's but I found that you never know you had one until the time it happens again, so there is no way to prevent it unless you have one heck of a memory. But I saw on this one program that says deja vu has something to do with quantum phisics acting out in our brain allowing us to be in a different place and time.

It is true though, quantum phisics allow things to be in two places at the same time so why not time? This also explains Phycic Spies.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 03:22 AM
link   
.....I hope this helps. I'm not too sure about it myself other than maybe being a form of precognition.
www.paranormality.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsionicGamer
Its creepy, and thats about all I know for sure.
I have Deja Vu about once every 2 months or so, and it usually seems like I dreamed about it the night before. Could just be my mind playing tricks on me though.

I'm the same as you every two months I feel liked I dreamt about it when something happens.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Has anyone had a recent Deja Vu? If so, could you share it with us?

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I heard deja vu occurs when the events you are experiencing at the current time are going straight into your long term memory rather than your short term, creating the feeling of remembering things you are seeing.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Superduperman is super right. Thats what I read in skeptic magazine, forgot how it exactly went.

Deep

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Its A Glitch In The Matrix

LOL J/k

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCatalyst

DejaVu is when the 4th density STS create an alternate universe, a replication of ours, change something in it at a different time (our past), and then merge the universes together again. You merge with your "other" self, and sometimes remember what the other "you" knew in the other universe.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   
or it could be a scientist and doctors suggest, random synaptical misfirings and small processing problems with the optical nerves.......its really very simple and common

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfup
Has anyone had a recent Deja Vu? If so, could you share it with us?

I had an experience in school today, but it wasnt like the deja vu I've experienced before, like I actually knew the next 2 sentences that my teacher was going to say and I was exactly right....it really freaked me out

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I get Deja Vu all the time... ANd I can't normally remember my dreams unless they're really extreme. I think I get it at least once a week, though, my life is rather repetitive, so it might just be a coincdence.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I freakin love neuro-biology.....Deja vu is in fact a neuro-biological anomaly, anomlaous in the fact that its occurrence cannot be predicted , but pretty standard and explainable as far as causation and mechanism goes, now im spouting this from memory so it might not be 100% correct, but as any of you know that actually reads my ramblings and theories this all ties in with what i believe to be the mechanism for reported haunting activity and has to do with our perception and synaptical firings. Deja Vu in its biological form should NOT be confused with precognition, clairvoyance or any other alleged para-normal activity, now that is not to say that the biological mechanisms involved arent the same ones involved in these things i just mentioned, in fact i believe that they are! Think of it like this .....the biological mechanism of our tongue provides us not only the ability to speak but also allows us to taste, see what i mean? same biological mechanism, but two different outcomes, this temporal stuff involved in perception i believe operates the same way. But anyway here goes.....

To date deja vu has been isolated by scientists to be caused by two different occurrences in our brains. But is a defect in the synaptical firings involved in the optical process.

1. When we use our vision we actually have two inputs coming into our thalamus, one from each eye. Each eye has its own nerve that comes together and travels on to the thalamus and is translated and sent to the appropriate areas of our brains, now sometimes due to certain mitigating factors the impulses from one eye will arrive in the thalamus before the impulse from the other eye does. This can be caused by chemical imbalances in our bodies, i forget exactly what, but inessence we have seen the scene a split second before but our brain didnt process it in our active consciousness but instead will process it as a "memory" when it receives the second impulse. I have stated many many times that our brain filters out hundres if not thousands on images, sounds and sensations in the course of a normal day, and this is a good example of the, our brain didnt recognize the image from the single eye and discarded it as incomprehensible but when joined a split second later by the second image then taps into our "memory" section and we feel that we have seen this before, well actually we have!

2. I have also mentioned before the importance of our right temporal lobe and its activity in relation to what we study. Another cause of deja vu is random inadvertant firings of the synapses in our right temporal lobe. These are similar to a small minute seizure and will cause us to mistakenly believe that we have seen this image before when in fact we havent. The nerves in this area of our brain mistakenly PERCEIVE (my favorite word) what we are seeing as something that happened before.

If you pay attention to all my writings and ramblings it is easy to see the connotation among all these seemingly different phenomenon......Russell

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I have de javu every once in a while. Usually not until I start to forget about it. Then I remember how I have it commonly. Usually in... hmm... how to put this... "clusters". Like, a few in a short period of time. Sometimes I have de javu where I recall every detail of the precognition, sometimes even what people say (and then I say it to myself... for dramatic effect like in the movies... no I'm serious I do) and it seriously scares me sometimes.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCatalyst
I find Deja Vu to be a very interesting phenomena. I have had these occurences and it does seem like that the situation I'm in has happened before.

There might be some spiritual aspect to it, but I also look to the scientific explanation, like the ones given by "wahoo".

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
its gotta be a TOOL of some sort, or else evolution
would have erased the phenomena from our genes/DNA

it HAS GOT TO BE usefull, advantageous, whatever...

now don't go citing the 'appendix' as a un-needed
artifact from our prehistoric past

both your appendix & De Ja vu need more study

is there a GRANT available??

top topics

<<   2 >>

join