It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unexplained leap for technology

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by dunkleskates
there's no need to find errors in a post that so clearly puts them out there so that they can't be missed. and the assumptions that led to my calling you a moron were for not false. one thing, i never implied that he was referring to one specific thing.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by shoo
And as well all know everything that was invented after Roswell came from the USA...
...you got it? Good. Because I just proofed that your theory is either wrong in it's scale or in full aspect.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your post:
that has to be one of the most ignorant things iv'e ever heard! everything that has been invented since roswell came from the US? only a moron would try to pass that off as truth
---

And I already explained you that your sarcams and irony detector isn't working well. My post was totally ironic but you eat it like I was serious. Who is the moron? You are so weak minded it is already insulting. You even don't have the guts to take back an insult based on a complete misunderstanding of a post on your side. Soooo weak man.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
I don't see what is so odd about the suggestion that humans have reverse engineered alien technology. I mean, if you are somebody who accepts the idea that what happened in 1947 in New Mexico was an alien ship crash, then one of the most logical things humans could do would be to reverse engineer the captured debris for our own use.

If we had alien technology i do think we would try to reverse engineer it. However, I do not think we have alien technology. In addition, I have never come across any technology that seems to have been reversed engineered from non-human creations. Revesre engineering does happen a lot, but it is normaly one country trying to reverse engineer another countries technology. This is part of the reason a lot of "UFO" are snached up and then covered up. For example, when a russian satalite crashed in Kecksburg (sp?) in the 1960s the US military grabbed it up to see what type of technology the Russian's had, and copy anything new.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I honestly don't think that Alien Technology is what has helped us advance like we did. I think the invention of the transistor was the major advance that springboarded us into the Technology revolution. After that it was WWI, WWII, and the cold war that caused technology to progress so much.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   
There are reasons there was a huge leap in technology.

A) the scientific achievements of the 19th and early 20th century, which lead to very successful and correct understandings about our physical universe.

These were (1) classical electromagnetism, culminated theoretically by the Maxwell equations. (2) the atomic theory of matter, finally explaining all the diverse phenomeona of chemistry.

These two things have the most importance in practical application of technology.

B) intense government funding of basic scientific research, as a result of World War 2. Science used to be seen as a hobby of rich men, and a small number of academic researchers. In WW2, science and math helped win the war. The achievements of Radar and the codebreaking were critical in preventing the collapse of the Allies against militarily superior Axis forces in the earliest days. Nuclear weaponry was not important for WW2, but subsequently in the cold war it, and surrounding technologies were essential.

In short, the answer was that the scientific foundation was laid for rapid progress, and there was intense interest in pursuing science and technology as a matter of national policy by the richest nations on earth.

There is no need to invoke alien additions to technology.

If there were, then we would have seen radically advanced technology and science come out of black military projects. But we don't---we see what would be scientifically achievable knowing the present state of physics and lots and lots of money, and the absence of economic viability constraints.

It's unfortunate. It would have been really cool to have antigravity powered B-2's and moreover civilian vehicles going to the stars, but my rational mind says "no we don't have that."

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken

We didn't need aliens, we are a creative, productive, innovative society.

[Edited on 3-1-2004 by Netchicken]

You forgot Exploitive. We've also created the majority of the worlds problems.

Peace,

+Jammer

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Transistor, IC�s, wires and plain electricity is definitely technology of only today but will fade away soon. We are approaching orthodox science limits of speed, heat dissipation, radiation waste etc. of what junk we are developing today.

Why SETI doesn�t make big sense � the chance that other civilizations use most ineffective transmission technology like EM waves is very small or it is only small time window for civilization for radio communication. Even as UWB (Ultra Wide Band >>>www.uwb.org... will be more widely implemented we will be not able to trace our own communication. UWB is almost untraceable and that is why so successfully suppressed. And it is only beginning.

Future will look more like this >>>Tibetan Sound Levitation Of Large Stones Witnessed By Scientist
And for better model of state-of-the-art tomorrow technology better ask Tibetans monks.

Thanks God that Christians gave us a chance to play with PC�s and pays energy bills burning magicians, witches and inventors

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   

there's no need to find errors in a post that so clearly puts them out there so that they can't be missed. and the assumptions that led to my calling you a moron were for not false. one thing, i never implied that he was referring to one specific thing.

quote:
And as well all know everything that was invented after Roswell came from the USA...
...you got it? Good. Because I just proofed that your theory is either wrong in it's scale or in full aspect.
Your post:
that has to be one of the most ignorant things iv'e ever heard! everything that has been invented since roswell came from the US? only a moron would try to pass that off as truth
---

And I already explained you that your sarcams and irony detector isn't working well. My post was totally ironic but you eat it like I was serious. Who is the moron? You are so weak minded it is already insulting. You even don't have the guts to take back an insult based on a complete misunderstanding of a post on your side. Soooo weak man.

sarcastic or not, you're still wrong.

You didn't get my posting. That's all.

The author claimed that after Roswell the world made an unnormal boost in its technological process which is a clear sign for extra-terrestrial help. This would only be a logical explaination if everything invented after Roswell would come from the USA.
His theory complete ignores every other nation than the US or better: His theory is only valid if there is no other nation than the US.(arrogance at its best)

So check for sarcasm before you call me a moron...

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   
How does it go...

NECESSITY IS THE MOTHER OF INVENTION... ?
(then the 'fertile grounds' for R&D, profit, etc etc)

didn't EDISON remark that invention was:

....10% INSPIRATION, 90% PERSPIRATION !!...
~~~^~~~

I would like to underscore the INSPIRATION aspect of these seemingly amazing breakthroughs & leaps foward in technology

there, to me, is a largely overlooked meta-physical linkage in technological & health sciences...at least in this thread.

what we realize as Epiphanies, DeJaVu, clarity....those moments when "we are at one with the universe" and knowledge streams into our brains & our minds are as big as the universe, to gulp it all in...well, those 'inspirations' revealed by contemporary scientists, physicists, theorists, are part of the Universal Consciousness
...some call it Gnosis, Holy Spirit, Mother Earth, Ether, Noosphere....these enlightenments are sent by the 'archtypes' of the collective 'myth-mind',
...some call them aliens, angels, spirits, even elves, sprites, gremlins, greys, ETs...

here's two (polar oppo-sites) addresses:

www.mythinglinks.org...

www.innerex.net...
SORRY< this site is being moved and unavailable right now...save the URL for later !!)

(on this one, explore around, check out the /Bardo.html#8pth you & color spectrum...
the realm of many worlds...)
WILL you make a QUANTUM leap???

enjoy the journey

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScienceGuyQ
The invention of the transistor...

www.pbs.org...

Rather than trying to prove a negative, that alien technology DIDN'T yield our technology, how about some evidence that it did.

Being a Scientist and Inventor, I find it silly to claim any human made technology had anything to do with ET sources.

In all my years of learning invention and its history i have never once came across technology that seemed to have come out of no where. Yes, some time things came out of accidents, but all the basis for those invention was already there.

I think claiming any piece of human technology was back engineered from ET technology is unfounded. Can some one post an example of technology that has no firm basis in HUMAN history? Please check into it before you just post something, odds are google alone can illistrate my point.

There was an article in the magazine MIT Technology Review a couple years ago or so about one of the Bell Lab scientists given credit for the creation of transistor/IC. The freaky part about it was a comment the guy made (sorry I forget his name) something to the effect of... I'm going to paraphrase his statement here, "Well, I never considered myself an inventor. I'm really more of a guy who enjoys taking things apart to see how they work". I kid you not, he really said this. What he *meant* by it in the context of the article isn't exactly clear of course, but you have to admit it's suggestive in a way, no? I was shocked. Furthermore, this guy's hobby was creating animatronic mechanical puppets and he was apparently quite accomplished at it. I thought his non-professional hobby also illustrated the fact that he had good mechanical aptitude, and reinforced the statement about his interest in how things work. It didn't seem from the article that he was necessarily an electrical engineering wizard, so his "invention" of the transistor seems a bit anomalous to me. You gotta admit that the statement is like throwing fuel on the fire for the transistor origin controversy. Wasn't he aware of the implication he was making? Maybe he did and was speaking in code to those people who understand the truth about what happened in Bell Labs. He was perhaps giving a nod and wink to his former co-workers.

[Edited on 26-2-2004 by Condorcet]

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Still, there is an AMAZING difference between the prototype transistor before and then after Roswell, as well as other advances, that really fit the reverse engineering theory (and even an excellent book about it, The Day After Roswell, by Phillip Corso...if you can get past Corso embellishing his role in everything....)

It's why the Germans were so advanced in WWII (the crash in '38) and also why we were so advanced after Roswell....(not to mention the addition of some of those same Nazi scientists....)

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by blobby
nazis rule

BLOBBY!!!!!

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   

He wasnt.

He was being SARCASTIC!!!

He is trying to say that the technology we have now was deisigned throught the world but the Roswell crash was only in America and we all know the yanks wouldnt share their new found glory with anyone!

So for that reason, this idea must be wrong.

I am unsure but I can see some holes in that idea.

For a start. When a country produces some new tech, and puts it on show or on the market then other countries/buisinesses will get hold of it and do some back engeneering of their own. So, I'm afraid the German guys argument adds little to teh whole debate.

BUt, he has proved once more that you people (the ATS'ers, not Germans) do NOT understand sarcasm or irony!

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   

You didn't get my posting. That's all.

The author claimed that after Roswell the world made an unnormal boost in its technological process which is a clear sign for extra-terrestrial help. This would only be a logical explaination if everything invented after Roswell would come from the USA.
His theory complete ignores every other nation than the US or better: His theory is only valid if there is no other nation than the US.(arrogance at its best)

So check for sarcasm before you call me a moron...

Fukk! I should check to teh end of threads before I add my two penneth.

He has already explained he was being sarcastic.

Shoo, mate. People on here have absolutely NO sense of humour. They dont understand irony or sarcasm in any of its forms, so maybe you should put a big warning at the start of your post the next time you are going to use it, I know i will have to!

Dont suppose you know NEustadt, Glewe by any chance, do you?

[Edited on 26-2-2004 by triplesod]

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   

sarcastic or not, you're still wrong.

Sorry Dunkle, I dont mean to pick fights with anyone, least of all, your good self.

BUt please explain what he is wrong about??

EDIT: Apologies everyone, for the 4 posts in quick succession.

[Edited on 26-2-2004 by triplesod]

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
You want a good laugh?

Try taking a look at the History of the 509th Bomb Wing which is currently the home of the Air Forces' one Wing of B-2 Bombers.

While your at it, look up the spec's on the B-2 at Janes-or ask Intelgurl-and notice the thrust provided by its' engines when compared to say an 8 engined B-52 or a C-17 which has a somewhat similar T/O weight.

Then ask yourself if this was someones idea of a really funny joke...or maybe you just stepped in it real deep!

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
the technology we have today is based on other technologies...like the cell phone it was based on the telephone but just add a radio like transister able to pick up different radio waves we have the cellphone (at least thats what i think) cellphones used to be bulky when i was 8 it was like a cord less telephone plus a large battery pack...so then they decided to make them smaller..you see those bulky nokia phones like 3 years ago and BAM a whole new series of phones came out with cameras and such....the more technology you have invented the more technologies you WILL invent...thats imo....

MY THEORY IT HAS A COPY RIGHT SEEEE

(c)copyright Jason 2004 All Rights Reserved

SEEEEE^^^^^

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sargon of Agade
You want a good laugh?

Try taking a look at the History of the 509th Bomb Wing which is currently the home of the Air Forces' one Wing of B-2 Bombers.

While your at it, look up the spec's on the B-2 at Janes-or ask Intelgurl-and notice the thrust provided by its' engines when compared to say an 8 engined B-52 or a C-17 which has a somewhat similar T/O weight.

Then ask yourself if this was someones idea of a really funny joke...or maybe you just stepped in it real deep!

I've got a better idea. Why dont you just tell us.

See, I knwo fukk all about any of this stuff you talked about but I am not going to go searching round for it.

YOu obviously know a lot about it, so share your knowledge.

And dont forget, if you still want us to fuind it funny, its the way you tell it!

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by CookieMonster000
the technology we have today is based on other technologies...like the cell phone it was based on the telephone but just add a radio like transister able to pick up different radio waves we have the cellphone (at least thats what i think) cellphones used to be bulky when i was 8 it was like a cord less telephone plus a large battery pack...so then they decided to make them smaller..you see those bulky nokia phones like 3 years ago and BAM a whole new series of phones came out with cameras and such....the more technology you have invented the more technologies you WILL invent...thats imo....

MY THEORY IT HAS A COPY RIGHT SEEEE

(c)copyright Jason 2004 All Rights Reserved

SEEEEE^^^^^

its called exponential growth

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I agree that technology has made major and astounding leaps and I'm also a believer in spacecraft being in "our" possession but honestly...I do not believe that our technology has made such leaps due to alien technology being reverse engineered and then mass produced. There's many facts and theories but really people need to ask the question...was this technology, even in it's roughest prototype form, around before Roswell? Yes much of it was.

I have a hard time believing that our original designs, prototypes and theories regarding transistors before Rosewell were only a few steps below the alien technology that inspired the modern day transistors. It just doesn't seem possible that an alien civilization who would seem to be far more advanced than us by hundreds of years could still be flying around, traveling great distances with unknown fuel and energy generating devices...WHILE USING TRANSISTORS ONLY A FEW YEARS BEHIND OUT OWN DESIGNS AND THEORIES.

Many technology savvy researchers will attest to the transistor being in development in it's early stages before Roswell. Much of our current tech can be traced to early designs, ideas and theories.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
oh it is?.....damn im too stupid to post here

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join