It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your VEINS, please...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Forget fingerprints, we will check your veins, carefully:

Fingerprint scanners may seem the ultimate in identification technology, but tricking them is actually not all that hard. Now, scanning the pattern of veins on the back of the hand promises a more reliable system. By Corie Lok, Innovation News, December 2003/January 2004

Link>>>Vein Check

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Wow, when I first looked at that picture, I thought it was taking a blood sample every time you wanted to access the door! That would SUCK!

Did not know that about the pattern of veins on the back of the hand. Pretty cool!

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
nah... chips are the future, get your chip to verify your not a terrorist.

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Very nice idea, but no system is unbeatable

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scarface
Very nice idea, but no system is unbeatable

What was the movie where someone wanted to get through a secure area with optical recognition so ripped out the eye of someone authorised to enter ?

Yuck !

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 06:48 AM
link   
it should be combined with some sort of technology that could verify you were that person and was alive and not under threat ie hostage or something, also add in finger print or eye or some other verification tech with it.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Off the top of my head (and back of my hand)...

Insulin users and (a-hem) junkies might have some trouble with this.

The US already outlaws back of the hand tatoos as being 'dangerous'...since the vein system which serves as medicines best IV entry point is so easily damaged. Plus tats make it easy to hide needle entry points.

This seems like a stretch for an ID system, though I could see it being used to find changes in vein structure. You know, busting junkies.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gothique
What was the movie where someone wanted to get through a secure area with optical recognition so ripped out the eye of someone authorised to enter ?

Yuck !

Minority Report, wasn't it?

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr

Originally posted by Gothique

Yuck !

Minority Report, wasn't it?

I haven't seen that, so it must have been something else - thanks for the info though

top topics

join