It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't mess around with the occult

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I am speaking from immediate experience. It could screw up your life royally. And even if you survive the experience, chances are you've paid a heavy price & recovery is shaky & slow.

So if anyone out there is thinking of taking experimentation in this arena lightly, you have been forewarned.

No matter what talents you have or are seeking to have, follow your heart not your ego. Stay grounded.

That's all I have to say in this matter.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 08:04 AM
link   

I agree whole heartedly

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Yes, don't mess around with the occult and stay ignorant.

People probably would've said the same thing about electricity 200 years ago.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 02:18 PM
link   
As long as you stay well grounded, investigating, and experimenting with the occult can be extremely interesting, and intellectually satisfying. Take care to take a break from it though...lest it really suck you in... Trust me...I've been to the brink and then back...

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Ok, I am going to be lazy here. What in the heck is the occult. I have no idea... some sort of religion?

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I believe the word occult means hidden knowledge. Thats about all I know about it.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Exactly the same problem you may have in your kitchen. Knife can be as dangerous like just discovered ability or knowledge.
Our personality is the key and it is something we should take care about most. You have to be strong to keep sharp and heavy sword.
ATS may screw you up as well

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I have somewhat of an idea what you've done..I think. And you would be correct, *certain* occult groups/people are not to be taken lightly at all. I have posted my thoughts and dealings all over this board from day one! But I've realized that the more a person talks about how not to get involved with the occult, the more others are intrigued.

So here's my advice, do it. But remember that it is not as it seems and you will become knee deep in something you know nothing about before you can blink your eye..and once you are knee deep, it becomes a life-long commitment whether you desire it to be or not. Once you turn the key and open the door, you are sold to the highest bidder. However, it does not mean that you can't survive normally....but eventually things will catch up to you.

I'm sorry Questor, I sincerely wish you would have read my dealings and thus taken me seriously. I'm beginning to think not many members here really take a whole lot of things said seriously. (Not pointing fingers at you or from my perspective) Just in general..alot of great knowledge and truth is given here at ATS but rarely do I see it taken seriously..Oh well.

I certainly wish you the best. I'm sure you've endured alot. Maybe you are lucky enough to have only placed the key inside the door. Best advice I can give is to move on as you were as best as you can and be watchful but not overly paranoid of all that enter your life and what is said and done. And if you can't beat emm join emm is my motto

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I did take your advice. It had nothing to do with the horses.

I am much better thanks. The incident in question involved someone very close to me. I had the ability to protect them before all hell broke loose. It is my fault that they didn't come to me 1st before getting involved with the wrong people.

It took everything I had to get them out while not getting swallowed up into the mess myself.

The ordeal is over. And I believe I have made it absolutely clear to them that should there be any trouble of any sort in the future, to come to me.

I trust your judgement in such matters too. I heeded your advice & I always will.

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Now I see. They were dealing with other people who were already in the occult.

But such things can be practised alone. You don't need other people for that. Same goes for religion. I don't understand why people have the need to be in a group to practise or worship or whatever. Probably because of the way we've been reared.

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Some occult practices can be both fun and rewarding (tarot, runes, scrying etc.)

But when it comes to summoning, using ouija boards and calling quarters, I stay away. Just a personal choice.

Summoning spirits is scary as shyte. I don't even want to go there!!!!!

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
People probably would've said the same thing about electricity 200 years ago.

Aye, ya gutta stay away from power lines, laddy. It's a darn slippery slope with no turning it off.

Siriusly, I do agree with what's been posted so far. It's surely not the best thing to go jumping into an occult hierarchy; you most certainly run the chance of getting squashed. But don't let that deter the pursuits of the magicians and fools. Study up on some Qabala and Tarot to wet your whiskers. Buy old books. Take a path and see where the quest take you.

But it is wise to not try to invoke another consciousness; rare are those that are happy with the visitors. Superficial groups like ATS shouldn't do you much harm. It's the groups that have physical contact that mostly don't have your best interests in mind. There's probably all kinds of Yahoo groups with occult interests. A good way to sneak a peek without being caught in a gravity well.

An old timetravellin' astronaut once told me "to really get your speed up use the gravity long enough to propel you forward but never get stuck in orbit."

Occult groups have more gravity than the average group. Simply because they are magicians and that's part of what they are after. I guess from this you could infer that occult groups 'suck'. Now if they are able to take your energy then they really 'suck'. But at that point the fault is not theirs.

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 09:24 AM
link   
For the one who asked about the occult...

Though it means hidden knowledge, we're referring to witchcraft, magick, summoning, communicating with spirits, etc.

This is different than the paranormal in general, as it deals specifically with man's attempt to interact/control/use these forces, and the hidden knowledge of it's past uses....

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 09:34 AM
link   
the hero must defeat many demons on the quest to the light, the shaman must descend into the underworld to make the world better for his people.
also to go that gravity quote by the old time travelling astronaut makes me think of system of a down, "don't u ever get stuck in the sky!"

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Billions of people worship and seek God. Yet in the scriptures the people who've seen God say he is sheer terror to behold, and you will die or go blind if you see him. Yet like moths to the flame we all head straight to God without blinking.

If you're going to fear anything then fear God. All other powers are nothing in comparison. And if you have one speck of faith in God then you'll fear nothing any-hows.

Beings control all cult and religious groups, and these groups and individuals are just chess pieces for the beings. Humans are puppets of beings and you shouldn't trust anyone besides yourself. Trust yourself foremost, and fully expect everyone else to let you down or prove themselves to be just another a**hole.

When your guru rapes you you'll know what I'm talking about.

Humans are dogs of the gods, there's no question about it. Words can't convey the truth and so each individual will have to find the truth for themselves and come to an understanding which makes perfect sense to them.

Don't follow any religions or cults. Go your own way, taking the diamonds from amongst the crap. Try different ideas and discover what works for you. In the end all there will be is you and God, and you will be baptized with fire..........

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Ignore my post above. If you mean occult as an occult group forcibly keeping control over �church� member�s minds and life than I fully agree. It can be lethally dangerous. I had also in the past some fortunately indirect experiences with Watchtower (Jehovah's Witnesses) victim. You cannot be stronger than someone fighting with heavy (and holy) bible�.

Review this site, www.freeminds.org.... little biased but provide some help for victims.

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Questor
It took everything I had to get them out while not getting swallowed up into the mess myself.

This sounds like a cult, not the occult.

Study-ing the occult is no different then, say, study-ing a cookbook or researching the Bible. Go into it for the sole purpose of study, to gain insight and knowledge, all is fine. Try to do something that is beyond your measure, however, then fully expect something else.

I have, and still do, study the occult, and religions. Why, on just one shelf, I have these books:

24 volume MAN, MYTH & MAGIC encyclopedia
FORBIDDEN MYSTERIES of ENOCH
ECKANKAR
NECRONOMICAN
various Sitchin books
ABC's of the BIBLE
BHAGAVAD GITA
the BOOK of MORMON
DER BIBLIFCHE EPIEGEL
NIV BIBLE
SATANIC BIBLE
ENCYCLOPEDIA CTHULHIANA (with this last, reading betwen the lines is rather interesting)

This is just one shelf; my others contain numerous other bibles and tomes, a few of which I am writing myself from my experiences and experiments.

Am I any worse for wear? No. Do my bibles burst ito flames being placed next to occult materials? No. Is my research interferring with my family's health and well being?

No.

As with any subject, what you take into it, you will recieve. I am not entering the occult to gain power. I am doing so to gain knowledge and a better understanding of things, myself included.

Now don't get me wrong, I do sympathise. But not entirely. Deny-ing knowledge of any kind is as dangerous as doing things for the wrong reasons... and to persuade others not to do it because something ill happened to you *shaking head*...

Just like the electricity comment... should we have abandoned electricity when the first person got electrcuted? No, that'd be insane, for look at how helpful it is today...

Please just keep in mind that todays medical research was yesterday's work of witches...

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Trust me...I've been to the brink and then back...

When this happened, did you notice any strange after-effects like a sudden change in your taste for certain colors?

In my case, I use to love the color royal blue. Now I hate it. Conversely there was another color I use to only be able to take in a sparingly amount & now I want to paint all the walls of one of my rooms in it.

This question also applies to anyone else out there.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 05:55 PM
link   
It's true. Don't. My friend was into that stuff.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 05:57 PM
link   
What if you're already screwed up mentally and physically? What would it hurt then?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join