It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists find mystery particle

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 06:08 AM
link   
For all the ATS chemistry buffs: Pretty good article!

Scientists have found a sub-atomic particle they cannot explain using current theories of energy and matter.
The discovery was made by researchers based at the High Energy Accelerator Research Organisation in Tsukuba.

Classified as X(3872), the particle was seen fleetingly in an atom smasher and has been dubbed the "mystery meson".

The Japanese team says understanding its existence may require a change to the Standard Model, the accepted theory of the way the Universe is constructed.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Just actually read that before coming here.

I love it when they find a new particle or something that doesn't conform to what the 'know'. It means that they were wrong somewhere and they have to re-look at all their theories.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Could it not be one of the S-particles suggested by string/M -theory

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shaitan
Just actually read that before coming here.

I love it when they find a new particle or something that doesn't conform to what the 'know'. It means that they were wrong somewhere and they have to re-look at all their theories.

Its doesnt mean something is necessarily wrong. Maybe it is incomplete. Almost seems like you are looking for satisfaction in other peoples misfortunes!
I do think things like this are always good. The way I see it is that everytime new questions arise, they need to be answered. Which brings us closer and closer to reality.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Pretty soon we're going to discover we dont really exist!

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Leek's theory of subatomic particles: The harder you hit something, the more pieces you get.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 01:16 PM
link   
god is hard to find.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by William One Sac
Pretty soon we're going to discover we dont really exist!

That happened already with the experiments that led to the Holographic theory...

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 01:19 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Good posting Zion.

What makes me fume is that so called 'science' always throws it's weight around as though they know something. It is quite obvious that their knowledge of what is or is not is still limited.

Add to this posting the discovery that I have been told about that electrons emit gravity. Wait till they find that one out.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 01:31 PM
link   
All particles in motion create gravity....

A normal meson is comprised of a quark and an antiquark held together by the "colour" force, also called the "strong" force because it is the most powerful known in nature

Similar to the force tapped in the old UFO drives, ehh?

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Wow - I really want to believe those disappearing particles are Gravitons, which would mean M-Theory is probably true. Of course, I know they're not. Stupid logic.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 01:46 PM
link   
particles in motion do not create gravity.

all masses emit gravity.

they do not fully comprehend this yet.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 01:51 PM
link   
If we dont exist why do i get heartburn?...damn my holographic stomac..[takes another zantac]

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Gazrock -
Where have you heard about the strong nuclear force beign used in old UFO drives? links plz k thx. Also, what are the newer UFO drives using?

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 02:14 PM
link   
"They call this particle DaRAGE, as it was pulled out of nowhere near DaRAGEs ass"

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Gazrock -
Where have you heard about the strong nuclear force beign used in old UFO drives? links plz k thx. Also, what are the newer UFO drives using?

Well, you're not going to like the source, hehe....(I'll bother to find a link if I can, but my old link is no longer working...so I'll paraphrase from memory)

Lazar...

Lazar explained that the UFOs back-engineered at S4 tapped into what he termed the Gravity A wave (the force that holds atoms together, versus the gravity we commonly think of), and that this wave extended past the atomic shell of a certain element... (Uninpentium...or 214, if I recall correctly...this is all from memory, so pardon the minute errors) Anyhow, the alien reactor utilizes this element, and then uses this force to propogate a gravity wave to the chosen destination point. (in effect warping space/time) after it fixes the vehicle to a certain point in space/time. Then, the wave is shut off, and space/time "snaps back" to it's original state, and the ship is now located at the destination point. In regular (planetary) travel, it only utilizes the Gravity B wave, or 'regular' gravity as we know it.

Now, he could be full of it, but I've felt this idea is essentially correct (especially since I've doodled this idea years before seeing it in print...), but who knows? Anyhow, I just thought it was an interesting parallel with this article....

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 04:25 PM
link   
It sounds like UFO tech has organized all the forces (strong/weak/electro/gravity) into some sort of singular hyper-force. Grand Unified Theory, yee-haw!! The existance of a gravity wave (or particle, same difference) also seems to suggest M-theory might be correct.

At any rate, if a GUT has been discovered, it would certainly be feasible to use a gravity wave to do all sorts of interesting things with the forces controling the behavior of particles and atoms. Certainly sounds like an interesting and feasible theory.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 05:04 PM
link   
i still enjoy the

AEther & Luminosity principles & Eastern Mystical, Vedic Cosmologies..... a lot more 'color' & 'flavors' than the Western cosmology models...which tends to become exotic as new 'things' are discovered/theoriZed-->>

old things become new again ?

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   
This is odd.....

It seems that two different groups have discovered the exact same thing. The more likely situation is that this second group is seeking a little bit of the spotlight from the Japanese. Anyways here is the link....

uninews.unimelb.edu.au...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join