It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Titor Time Machine

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Would this machine, in theory, take one back or forward in time?

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Yes, that why it's called a Time Machine

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 02:06 PM
link   
John Titor was a fake. Sorry to say. He was just an intelligent guy who quoted the novel Alas, Babylon almost entirely. He read a lot about quantum physics, and had the ultimate excuse why he couldn't reveal information about the future....

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I too believe Titor's claims are a hoax. He said at one point he would release a film of him leaving for the future, and that was a couple years ago. Besides.. theoreticly you can only travel forward in time, and not backwards.

[EDIT: Proof of time travel? Can you say "I wish I was a slider" ?

www.anomalies.net... ]

[Edited on 1-11-2003 by MrRadicalEd]

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Has anyone been able to identify what that machine was he purported was a time machine?

It looks like it is authentically something or is it the product of an active mind?

Do people believe that Titor was an agent of CIA or some other intelligence just trolling for beliefs and opinions? That is the part I wonder about.

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Heres some "tech info" on the "Time machine". Bottom pic is supposed to be the machine itself.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Its kind of interesting. As I have never heard of him untill looking him up today. When I think about it long enough it almost makes me laugh. He claims to be a soldier from the year 2036. He was sent back to the year 1975 to obtain an old IBM pc because UNIX died, and this old pc had the ability to read some future programming language.

If your the slightest bit interest I recommend this site
www.anomalies.net...

This is an IRC log(poorly formatted HTML I might add) of a discussion with him
www.anomalies.net...

Everything John Titor, generally :/
www.johntitor.com...

Predictions Titor made. He isn't just a time traveling soldier, but prophet
johntitor.strategicbrains.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 06:33 PM
link   
ATS has a John Titor research team. VERY informative and jam-packed info. Includes every statement that John Titor ever typed (such as detailed info about time travel, about the machine, and about the future). The research project also demostrates the possibility of a hoax, considering that John Titor's reported story mimics that of "Alas, Babylon" (Pat Frank, 1959).

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Is Alas, Babylon still in print?

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Yes, it was reprinted in 1993:

Here's a site with some detailed info on the book, and I will quote the summary:

At the height of the Cold War between the United States and the Soviet Union, Mark Bragg, an officer in the Air Force, warns his brother Randy that nuclear war is imminent. Mark, who lives in Omaha, sends his wife, Helen, and his children, Ben Franklin and Peyton, to live with Randy in the isolated Florida town of Fort Repose. While he waits for them to arrive, Randy warns his friends, including his neighbors, the Henrys, and his girlfriend, Lib McGovern. He begins to stockpile food, and picks up Helen and her children at the airport, as the radio reports that tensions are escalating between the two superpowers. The next morning, war breaks out, and nuclear weapons destroy all of Florida's major cities. Washington is also destroyed, and a low-level Cabinet official becomes President. Having lost all power and communication with the rest of the country, Fort Repose is completely isolated.

www.sparknotes.com...

[Edited on 1-11-2003 by MKULTRA]

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrRadicalEd
Besides.. theoreticly you can only travel forward in time, and not backwards.

But....wasn't one of Einstein's theorys that if you travel fast enough forwards (much faster than the speed of light), you'll end up going 'backwards' and meeting yourself?

If so, theoretically, that would mean that backwards time-travel IS possible, albeit only via forward time-travel.

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Civil war in the United States will begin in 2004 or 2005, as the result of increasingly oppressive police state tactics like warrantless searches and other violations of American civil liberties. It will become common for people to have their doors kicked in and homes violently invaded by police looking for evildoers. The Gestapo-style oppression of innocents by an increasingly oppressive and murderous government will be worst in the cities, so many people will seek refuge in the countryside, but police will soon enough seek them out there too. Civil war will emerge as a more or less continuous series of military sieges and confrontations resembling the Ruby Ridge and Waco police massacres of 1992 and 1993, and it will begin by 2004 or perhaps 2005 (it might not be obvious in the beginning what's actually happening). As time goes on the civil war will become more and more a continuous conflict between paranoid government forces headquartered in the cities, against perceived or imagined threats in the rural civilian population. The American government will wage war against its own citizens, winning most of the battles, but the battling will drag on for years. In the nuclear war of 2015 our cities will be primary targets, so the civil war will end then in favor of the rurals when the government and its domestic armies are destroyed. In this way the nuclear war will be regarded by the survivors as a good thing.

we are knocking on 2004s door now and we have to wait only 2 months to find out if he is a hoax, if there is a civil war, then we know he is speaking the truth

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Civil war in the United States will begin in 2004 or 2005, as the result of increasingly oppressive police state tactics like warrantless searches and other violations of American civil liberties. It will become common for people to have their doors kicked in and homes violently invaded by police looking for evildoers. The Gestapo-style oppression of innocents by an increasingly oppressive and murderous government will be worst in the cities, so many people will seek refuge in the countryside, but police will soon enough seek them out there too. Civil war will emerge as a more or less continuous series of military sieges and confrontations resembling the Ruby Ridge and Waco police massacres of 1992 and 1993, and it will begin by 2004 or perhaps 2005 (it might not be obvious in the beginning what's actually happening). As time goes on the civil war will become more and more a continuous conflict between paranoid government forces headquartered in the cities, against perceived or imagined threats in the rural civilian population. The American government will wage war against its own citizens, winning most of the battles, but the battling will drag on for years. In the nuclear war of 2015 our cities will be primary targets, so the civil war will end then in favor of the rurals when the government and its domestic armies are destroyed. In this way the nuclear war will be regarded by the survivors as a good thing.

we are knocking on 2004s door now and we have to wait only 2 months to find out if he is a hoax, if there is a civil war, then we know he is speaking the truth

you forget.....he did mention that there would be an average of 2 years' gap max.
therefore...what's in 2004, could be in 2006

due to our "2%" different timeline.

the perfect excuse no?

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 01:43 PM
link   
E=MC2 makes it impossible to move back in time, and E=MC2 is always correct (singularitys with 0 dimensions don't exist).

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 01:54 PM
link   
other than the limitations put on the mind of humans...

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 02:16 PM
link   
You put to much thrust in the mind of the humans... we aren't as great as we would like to think we are.

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 02:19 PM
link   
for without faith i am nothing for without nothing exists..bigsage...

superimposing your doubts on humanity and not attempting to change anything for the better within yourself, you sound like an agent, type like an agent, must be an agent...

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Why do you have to say every time again and again that persons like me don't know the truth, that persons like me don't help humanity? Just because of our different opinions?

You are trying to hurt people without it being neccesary.

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 03:05 PM
link   
yet the lack of faith in others is grounds for termination...

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kobyoshimaru
Heres some "tech info" on the "Time machine". Bottom pic is supposed to be the machine itself.

+++~~~+++

the 'suspension of disbelief' done kicked in..
now if it looked like a 'stargate' portal, i'd go Aw..PsHaw

but since the time mach resembles a hydrogen fuel cell, i;m in a quandry...

believeable to me is the brain encleoph? y stuff...i was just reading about Prions, and was going to topic this at some date=>BRAIN/TWEAK/Prions=govt DNA Bio-engr.
"Beware of Wolves in Sheeps Clothing"..and my rant...

www.nature.com...

this is related,at least on my note pad scribbles...

www.nature.com...
+++~~~+++

pov-> i send letters/posts to date my materials instead of copyrighting...it used to be only $3 for reg/cert mail
vs the $50USD.

met a Future Throwback once, in the NC mountains area

enjoy the journey

%%%

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join