It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MASSIVE Solar Flare Directed @ Earth

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 12:48 PM
link   
If you haven't seen today's headlines, you should.

Another
coronal mass ejection
today directed straight at US!

Here's a headline to get you started...

www.msnbc.com...

Don't worry
about your electronics starting on fire or anything, but it wouldn't hurt to have some plan if the power goes out over a large area (e.g. NE USA) or satellites go down (e.g. disrupted communications).
If you find any other links to this... please post them in this thread. Thanks.

~Jammer

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 12:51 PM
link   
The wave approaches and this activity will increase in coming years.

Wonder if it will destroy much electronics when it hits its peak?

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 12:55 PM
link   
wow... another one.. well I better go home and make up with the little lady, incase the power goes out, we might as well occupy our time being productive or reporductive..

sorry, I was misbehaving again... * sitting in corner *

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 12:57 PM
link   
That's a great article. I hope we have some clear skies the next couple of evenings so we can see the aurora.

We'll see if this results in anything Wednesday afternoon or if it's just another "cry wolf" scenario.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Look at these pics from SOHO !!

This is wicked....

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Holy SHYTE!

looks like its gonna explode!

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 02:16 PM
link   
holy Beegeebus.

Those who on Earth are hit when that Solar flare kicks up and actually hits Earth, you guys will have a much higher rate of Cancer.

Seriously.

When it happened in 1989 and it hit Russia head on, Cancer rates have increased as a result. They measured it and it's like 3+ million more cancer patients than there should have been.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Click here

Check out this SOHO "movie"

This is awesome crap. I wish the skies here would clear up so I can see the lights this sparks if it does spark any. But alas, it is going to rain all day tomorrow, and prolly be cloudy on the 30th.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I don't know if it's related but 5 or 6 people I know(including myself) have had headaches for the last day or so. Dull throbbing headaches. Very weird. Anyone else?

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I have had really strange headaches the last week or so. I have headaches a lot as I suffer from migraines, but these are not migranes and they are not "normal" headaches. Very weird ones that come and go.

Here is another "SOHO movie". Give this time as I am on a T3 and it still loads slowly. But WELL worth the wait for those interested.

Another Movie

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
The wave approaches and this activity will increase in coming years.

Wonder if it will destroy much electronics when it hits its peak?

Actually, I read on Space.com a couple of days ago that we are on the tail end of an 11 year solar cycle. That these storms were rather rare base on the current pattern of the cycle. I will see if I can find that article and link to it for you.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Here you go:

www.space.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 03:09 PM
link   
My wife and I both have headaches today.

[Edited on 28-10-2003 by KillerD]

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Now you gotta watch this !!

Sorry bout you dial up folks...takes several minuits on high bandwith broadband.

www.space.com...

This real-time movie, which shows the most recent 48 hours of solar activity, is updated every hour if satellite communications permit. The image is generated by the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory (SOHO) spacecraft.

The last blast, directly toward us, at the time and date of this post, was brilliant!

(edit..sorry bout the double post...didnt notice the link a couple of posts right above mine...duh-oh!)

[Edited on 28-10-2003 by smirkley]

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 04:22 PM
link   
That video makes it look like the Sun seriously belched at the end!!!

Another sign of the changes to come. Don't you wonder how many signs someone has to see before they see what's going on?

My gut has been telling me for a LONG time that some very BIG changes are in store for all of us!

Remove the FEAR and it'll be a great ride. Swim in the FEAR that the mainstream media likes to spew forth and it'll be very scary and probably painful on many levels.

Peace,

~Jammer

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Well the local weatherman just said on the 6 o'clock news that we here in Oklahoma should be able to see the aurora tonight around 2 pm if the skies are clear. Ive only seen it twice and that was about 1 1/2 years ago in Ozark,Arkansas.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 07:32 PM
link   
This flair is MASSIVE. Possible things to look out for is loss of satalite commo which would effect everything from communications to ATM machines. Wouldn't be a bad idea to pull out some money now just in case.

Also with all the activity going on in Yellowstone lately I hope this won't trigger any sizemic events.

PS. wouldn't want to be on the space station right now!

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Some more video of the flare:
sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

It could miss us, depending on if it takes a northerly or southerly track. The further north, the likelier we won't be affected.
If it goes south, though.....watch out.

-B.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 07:44 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 08:34 PM
link   
This is my favorite of the day. This will probably kill several satellites.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join