It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supposed plot to blow up the Capitol building

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I think the key thing about the power outage and timing...

metal detectors, and rad detectors would likely be out also...

and as the above poster said... they just have to plant one explosive...

doesn't take much, to make sure the patriot act is strengthened further...
Oh, and there is that little Iran thingy...

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Is there a transcript of this?

My system wont let me download this, i dont know why.

I went to other websites and this is spreading fast around the net!!!

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
WHY rig the building when it would so much easier to ship a crate into the basement, loaded with an explosive, and gut the building that way. So much easier, so many fewer people involved, so much less effort....

Well, they have to explain it afterward. If they blow up a crate in the basement and it's not right under where Congress is meeting, then it's going to look pretty suspicious.

For this 'plot' to work, the Congress room (doesn't that room have a name?) will have to be obliterated and a missle or something will have to hit the building right there.

Maybe they don't want to 'gut the building'.

Maybe there's not a basement under there.

Maybe they want it to just take out the congresspeople so we, the citizens, will realize that it's an attack on our democracy!

I don't know the answers to these questions, but I do know that there seems to be more to this power outage than is being reported.

You may be right, but I'd like to know the scoop behind the power outage inconsistencies.

Originally posted by dgtempe
I went to other websites and this is spreading fast around the net!!!

If the conspiracy angle is spreading it may be enough to foil the plot.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Oh it will spread like wildfire.

I also sent George @ Coast to Coast a link here and from the original website.
He'll be onto this by this evening. I want him to talk about it.

I've sent him tips before and he's responded.

The more this story makes the rounds the less chance there will be of an "unfortunate" accident.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   
It doesn't necessarily have to be in the basement. I just used that to make the point. How many people do you think are going to look at a crate that is properly packed, and properly marked, that obviously came through security, that is sitting in a closet, or someone's office.

Have you seen some of the new explosives out there? They're several orders more powerful than C4. Pack one of those in a crate, stick it in a closet near the senate chambers, and I guarantee it will gut the chamber and kill almost everyone in there.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eden
Wiki states steam, and cool air says nothing of power supply.

Recently Updated Wiki Link

The Capitol Power Plant began providing electricity in 1910; today, it provides steam for heating and chilled water for cooling buildings within the Capitol Complex.

Strange.....Wiki page from March 30th cache
Old cache Wiki same page

Capitol Power Plant is power plant which provides electricity, steam, and cooled water...

The Library of Congress page makes no mention of alternative power. (?)
Library of Congress

The Power Plant provides heat, light, power, and air-conditioning for the Capitol, Senate and House office buildings, and the Library of Congress buildings; heat, light, and power for the Botanic Garden and the Senate and House Garages; light for the Capitol Grounds' street, park, and floodlighting system; steam heat for the Government Printing Office and Washington City Post Office, also known as Postal Square; and steam heat and air-conditioning for the Union Station complex, Folger Shakespeare Library, the Thurgood Marshall Federal Judiciary Building, and the U.S. Supreme Court Building on a reimbursable basis.

Wonder why wiki did change so suddenly? The Capitol relies on it's own power so why would PEPCO comment on their problem? Why discrepancies such as affecting other places or not? Was it a voltage spike or drop in electricity?

Thanks Eden, now I know what all that Doomsday Plan talk recently. Didn't link the doomsday plan to replacing congress. Doomsday plan sounded propogandish to me, so I didn't read it originally.

Alot of potential coincidences and inconsistencies with their version of the blackout story. Maybe we will one day call this Blackgate.

[edit on 4-6-06 by pacman]

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Hey, so if the MiG is coming from the UK, how come it was seized in Hong Kong?

SIANGANG (Hong Kong), April 5 (RIA Novosti) - Customs officers in Hong Kong have seized an undeclared Russian MiG-29 fighter on board a ship bound for the United States, a leading English-language newspaper said Wednesday.

The South China Morning Post wrote that the aircraft had been found among containers and goods during a routine customs check. The jet fighter was without engines and ammunition and the wing paint in some places had been peeled off, according to a customs official.

Preliminary investigation showed that the plane had been put on the vessel in Ukraine and arrived in Hong Kong for further delivery to the U.S. The ship owners had failed to file the aircraft in a special import license.

This is not the first time Soviet- and Russian-made military aircraft have been confiscated in Hong Kong, China's special administrative region, which enjoys a relatively large degree of autonomy.

en.rian.ru...

Ukraine, UK, hey it's all good. They both have UK in them.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Wonder why wiki did change so suddenly? Forgive me but can't Wiki articles can be contributed to or edited by anyone? So unless we had an ip address of who changed it since March 30th...

Oh but we do:
en.wikipedia.org...

Edit history shows an edit by Smackbot operated by en.wikipedia.org...:Rich_Farmbrough

Okay now this is really weird unless someone can use a proxy on there but on April 6th it was changed by ip address: 192.136.24.2 which is aoc.gov

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 01:06 AM
link   
well even if there was something I doubt very much it will still be there after this news byte gets released. It would be kinda foolish to go ahead with their plans or not check it out. They will probably wanna speak to his friend now too of course.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Read some news that is not making headlines either about how anyone who has access to the tunnels, doesn't have any full time security, police, nothing to watch over them due to an recent abestos problem that hasn't been mechanically confirmed.

The Hill Newspaper for Congress

March 29th, 2006
“A select group of U.S. Capitol Police have undergone special training to access the miles of utility tunnels underneath the Capitol complex”
[…]
“The Washington, D.C., fire department, which serves the Capitol campus, also says it is equipped to respond to any emergency involving the tunnels.”
[…]
“We have just completed training involving the large underground steam tunnels that run throughout the city,” he said. “We have had limited exposure to the tunnels under the Capitol”
[…]
In the letter, the workers said that the police policy presents a security problem.
“This should be a real concern to the Congress and Senate as all buildings on the complex can be entered through the steam tunnels,” they wrote. “Realize that it is on a regular basis [that] we see people in the tunnels that we don’t know why they are down there."

The mp3 for 4-6-06 came back on that mans website and talks about this. Isn't this outrageous timing. Thank the Architect of the Capitol.

Lot's of activity lately with the capitol, huh?

Poor congressmen basically pass a bill on continuity in government in case their life is extinguished and have to deal with this recent security loophole.

[edit on 4-7-06 by pacman]

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Why in God's name would a MINOR local event make the news??
And more importantly why is it BAD that they were trained to work in the tunnels? If they're regularly seeing people down there without knowing who they are then the police knowing the area in the tunnels is a GOOD THING as they can respond faster. And the fire department will know how to fight the fires there. Why is this a Bad Thing??

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
...why is it BAD that they were trained to work in the tunnels? If they're regularly seeing people down there without knowing who they are then the police knowing the area in the tunnels is a GOOD THING as they can respond faster. And the fire department will know how to fight the fires there. Why is this a Bad Thing??

That's not bad at all. What is worrisome is no one is watching or more precisely... securing the tunnels. Yet there are some unknowns down there per the trainees. I'm sure they are wondering who these unknowns are and don't get any answers.

False sense of security feel. Like security at a hotel with no gun. Someone comes into rob the hotel and the security guard yells stop. But will the robber care? You have to have something to reinforce that no one will try anything. The gun would be someone guarding the tunnels inside and out.

Another example is Tom Cruise in Risky Business has that crystal egg or whatever you call it. When the guard is down, it's tempting to steal or break. Say they broke it instead. What's done is done, but how can we be preventive?

[edit on 4-8-06 by pacman]

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 04:28 AM
link   
paceman:
no disrespect meant, but if somehthing was so 'black ops' that even the people in the capitol building didn't have info on it, how'd you find out?

i'm not trying to pick on you, pace, but i am wondering where people find this kinda info when the people who's job it is to ferret out this info (FBI or CIA, whomever) cannot do so .

on another note: i do NOT advocate blowing up americans, but if someone is gonna start, i'd much prefer that the capital building go up while full than, say, the WTC.
there is a saying among police that is in vogue when some low-life gets capped. it is 'no human involved' it is there way of saying that one slug capped another slug. kinda like a public-service homicide, ya know? i think that saying would apply to the above situation (that is assuming only politicians and lobbiest go KA-BLOOWIE, and not some innocent seceratary or aide).

i am, of course, being sarcastic, but it does bring up a question that bears discussion - are politicians a lifeform?

i got so off track with the politician as lifeform topic that i started it as a seperate debate in PTS.

Boots out.

[edit on 7-4-2006 by DirtyBoots]

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by DirtyBoots
paceman:
no disrespect meant, but if somehthing was so 'black ops' that even the people in the capitol building didn't have info on it, how'd you find out?

i'm not trying to pick on you, pace, but i am wondering where people find this kinda info when the people who's job it is to ferret out this info (FBI or CIA, whomever) cannot do so .

I'm only trying to point out the obvious in correlation what could be a potential, not definite, operation in the works. The first post with the mp3 was the seed.

on another note: i do NOT advocate blowing up americans, but if someone is gonna start, i'd much prefer that the capital building go up while full than, say, the WTC.
there is a saying among police that is in vogue when some low-life gets capped. it is 'no human involved' it is there way of saying that one slug capped another slug. kinda like a public-service homicide, ya know? i think that saying would apply to the above situation (that is assuming only politicians and lobbiest go KA-BLOOWIE, and not some innocent seceratary or aide).

Where is the Love? ...tune playing in my head. Innocent or not is not for me to decide who should die or not. What people think isn't always the Truth. All I can really reply is a person who was a BAD person, as you say, yesterday could be GOOD today. Believe it or not I don't like authority telling us how to live, eat, sh*t, die, conditioning us daily.... but I don't hate anyone for their ignorance. If you think certain people in our world are dark souls, show them the light. They'll scatter or see it for what it is. I'm not really sure how to reply to you. Imagine this... the thugs have family too. Imagine the mother crying over her 'thug' son. Can you feel her pain?

i am, of course, being sarcastic, but it does bring up a question that bears discussion - are politicians a lifeform?

No... A Politician or Publican is just a job title. They are however people with their own problems too. Compassion teaches me things I didn't think I could learn.

Boots out.

Take care Boots. Pacman

[edit on 4-7-06 by pacman]
Mod Edit to fix quote tags

[edit on 7-4-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

CX

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Why have these police and fire personnel only just been put through this emergency training now? Surely Capitol Hill has been around a while now?

Is there a habbit of emergency services being trained up for something prior to the actual event going off? (putting aside the 9/11 and 7/7 drills on those days of course!)

So could this be a case of the public being made to feel safe that the emergency services can deal with anything, then they have the "why were'nt you prepared" angle covered on the emergency assistance?

Also, why were the fire services only given "limited access" to the tunnels? They are obviously pretty sure they are'nt going to be hit in the parts that they did'nt have access to! Then again, when you set the incident up yourself, i guess you can pretty much dictate which area gets blitzed or not can't you?

CX.

[edit on 7-4-2006 by CX]

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I don't usually think this way ... but I think there was a whole lot
more to that black out at the Capitol Building a few days ago. We
probably will never know for sure what it was. But I have no question
that there was more to it.

(Perhaps I've just watched too much West Wing.)

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Flyersfan,

You're spooking me.
If you think its odd, now i am really worried!

Its a high probability there is more to this than meets the eye.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
prolly just a crank call
Might be a real deal though.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 08:13 PM
link   
If anyone happens to think of anything remotely related to this situation, please share the info at least get it documented here. Who knows now? I think there was a power outage at the WTC the weekend before 911 happened. Read this.

Blog with Scott Forbes

You've previously stated that on the weekend of September 8 and 9, 2001, there was a "power down" condition in world trade center Tower 2, the South Tower, and that this power down condition meant there was no electrical supply for approximately 36 hours from floor 50 up.
[...]
All systems were shutdown on Saturday morning and the power down condition was in effect from approximately 12 noon on Saturday September 8, 2001.

When did it end?

Approximately 2PM on Sunday 9/9.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join