It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pottery of Goliath Unearthed?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
NO, I do not have a link, it was just showed on Fox. I searched all sites I know of.
Anyway, archeaologists have found large piece of pottery with the Name Goliath on them.
Seems they were found near a place where Goliath was supposed to have lived..
Shep says,"good news for the OT as real.'
They are just starting on this find..
Wonderful news for finding t-ruth.
I will still look for a link..

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I saw the same thing on FOX and wanted to start a thread myself earlier today, but can't find a link either!

:bnghd:

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I saw the same thing on FOX and wanted to start a thread myself earlier today, but can't find a link either!

:bnghd:

Glad you saw it,,VERY interesting..BUT NO LINKS!!!

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
11th century BC??
This is awesome, seems they both lived in Jerusalem..
still LINK looking.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
The Unrelized thing about Goliath . Go back more then 100 years and the averge hight of males was 5'8" the averge hight of females was 5'4".
The point to this is that Goliath wasent a Giant alest not on our terms.
Lets say Goliath was 6'3" and weighed in at around 260 .
In this day and age this wouldent cause much of a stir but back then this guy WAS truly a Giant alest when compaired to the averge man of the time.
Ps just though I would put some relizem into this thread befor someone started talking about 12 ' tall guys .lol

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simcity4Rushour
The Unrelized thing about Goliath . Go back more then 100 years and the averge hight of males was 5'8" the averge hight of females was 5'4".
The point to this is that Goliath wasent a Giant alest not on our terms.
Lets say Goliath was 6'3" and weighed in at around 260 .
In this day and age this wouldent cause much of a stir but back then this guy WAS truly a Giant alest when compaired to the averge man of the time.
Ps just though I would put some relizem into this thread befor someone started talking about 12 ' tall guys .lol

Thank you for that..I inherited a WONDERFUL painting of David holding goliath's head and it is enormous, but that is just a depiction
I would love to upload it, but my camera is fried and it is too big for scanner.
Yes, in history, we have to remember folks like Andre the Giant the wrestler who by all genetics was really a giant...

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   
One of the most important finds for Jerusalem perhaps, NO news is linking to it??

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 10:01 PM
link   
This was on Sheperd Smith news at 7:00 PM EST.
It is now 10:57 EST and nobody has this either on the newscasts or on any link.
I find this to be 'not right' for some reason, I have searched ALL news sites and my local newscast to no avail, lots of trivial stuff, but nothing pertaining to this..

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Goliath was around 9' 9" tall. He was huge.

I think the dead sea scroll's put him around 6' 1/2", but the problem there is the size and weight of his armor could not of been worn from a 6' foot tall person, but that of someone of 9'.

[edit on 8-11-2005 by GameSetMatch]

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by GameSetMatch
Goliath was around 9' 9" tall. He was huge.

I think the dead sea scroll's put him around 6' 1/2", but the problem there is the size and weight of his armor could not of been worn from a 6' foot tall person, but that of someone of 9'.

[edit on 8-11-2005 by GameSetMatch]

Where did you get the info on the size and weight of his armour? What interests me is the proof they've unearthed that the Philistines were originally possibly Myceneans, which means that they were Greeks. Here's the link to Wikipedia: en.wikipedia.org...

And I don't think that they were mentioned in the Dead sea Scrolls at all.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   
well the worlds tallest known man ever was a guy by the name of Robert Pershing Wadlow at 8'11.1' so even 9 ' isent out of the realm of possibilty .
Of corse even by our standerds this guy was truly a GIANT .
AAA andre the giant was different then Goliath in that he was a Gential Giant . Ever see the movie prinsess Bride? he played in it.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simcity4Rushour
well the worlds tallest known man ever was a guy by the name of Robert Pershing Wadlow at 8'11.1' so even 9 ' isent out of the realm of possibilty .
Of corse even by our standerds this guy was truly a GIANT .
AAA andre the giant was different then Goliath in that he was a Gential Giant . Ever see the movie prinsess Bride? he played in it.

Lol, I love that movie. I loved the Sicilian.
"Inconceivable!"
"You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means."

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkmindWhere did you get the info on the size and weight of his armour? What interests me is the proof they've unearthed that the Philistines were originally possibly Myceneans, which means that they were Greeks. Here's the link to Wikipedia: en.wikipedia.org...

And I don't think that they were mentioned in the Dead sea Scrolls at all.
Hi Darkmind, Yes you are correct; did you know Goliath was from Gath. Goliath also had giant brothers, did you know David had a stone for each one of them too.
David slewed Goliath in the valley of Elah. It came to pass David was eventually given the sword of Goliath.

Here is the only link I could find that mentions the Dead Sea scrolls. www.nisbett.com...

I do not agree with the account of the height; I believe he was much closer to 9' 9" tall as mentioned in the Bible.

1 Samuel 17
4And there went out a champion out of the camp of the Philistines, named Goliath, of Gath, whose height was six cubits and a span.

5And he had an helmet of brass upon his head, and he was armed with a coat of mail; and the weight of the coat was five thousand shekels of brass.

6And he had greaves of brass upon his legs, and a target of brass between his shoulders.

7And the staff of his spear was like a weaver's beam; and his spear's head weighed six hundred shekels of iron: and one bearing a shield went before him.

Hey Darkmind did you know the brothers of Goliath where killed; the Bible said they had spear staff that of the size of a weaver's beam too. Just to give you a size of a weaver's beam or weaver's loom it is about the size of a flag poll. That is over 6 inches in diameter closer to 7!

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I am not endorsing this site put it does have some interesting information
on Giants from the Bible's standpoint. Let me add that this is a site with a religious slant before you link to it. Here's the link:

s8int.com...

Perhaps it might give you some insight as to the actual height of Goliath and his brothers.

[edit on 9-11-2005 by Yorga]

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   
There is "without a doubt" some kind of news black-out on this story
Going on 24 hours and still no links???
I guess just djohn and I were hallucinating???
Does not anyone on this board have an underground news source..
I am really perturbed by this..help all of you to find this story!!

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Perhaps Goliath was a common name in ancient Israel, so there isnt so much a lack of news so much as a lack of scholarly interest.

Also many archaeologists wouldnt want to say too much about this because they will atract the inbred christian army and far more nonsense than they can handle.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I searched all over too but can't find a link but found some related info on someone blog.(shadowland). a Proffesor Aren Maier from the Bar-llans University Martin Dept. of Israel Studies and Archeology, is overseeing the discovery. shadowland gives his source as (Reuters), but when you click on the link, a political video about the Democrats come on. I scrolled down to end of page but couldn't find anything relating to story. Checked out reuters too, stiil couldn't find anything. I am still trying to check out the university for info.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by alphacenturi
I searched all over too but can't find a link but found some related info on someone blog.(shadowland). a Proffesor Aren Maier from the Bar-llans University Martin Dept. of Israel Studies and Archeology, is overseeing the discovery. shadowland gives his source as (Reuters), but when you click on the link, a political video about the Democrats come on. I scrolled down to end of page but couldn't find anything relating to story. Checked out reuters too, stiil couldn't find anything. I am still trying to check out the university for info.

Thank you, wish we could link to this site, but at least I was not bonkers LOL
Please keep checking your results

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Joe
Perhaps Goliath was a common name in ancient Israel, so there isnt so much a lack of news so much as a lack of scholarly interest.

Also many archaeologists wouldnt want to say too much about this because they will atract the inbred christian army and far more nonsense than they can handle.

I can relate to the fundie response, but it is not FAIR to hide such a remarkable find as this from us who are interested in Jewry.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone
NO, I do not have a link, it was just showed on Fox. I searched all sites I know of.
Anyway, archeaologists have found large piece of pottery with the Name Goliath on them.
Seems they were found near a place where Goliath was supposed to have lived..
Shep says,"good news for the OT as real.'
They are just starting on this find..
Wonderful news for finding t-ruth.
I will still look for a link..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join