It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time travel to the future...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 09:33 PM
link   
This is the only topic I think this fits under...

Time travel...can it be done?

I think in a forward motion only.

What is time?

Time is the measurement we use reletive to the movement using a fixed reference point, isnt it?

24 hours in a day= one earthly rotation
1 year = one solar rotation

Both are references to movement in reference to a fixed point where we can measure.

Lets say that we could identify the central fixed point in our galaxy, or better yet, our universe.

We could make a reference of time based on our movement within that reference.

So you want to time travel.

Going to the future..
you would have to "fix" yourself reletive to the measurment reference point. Granted that would mean you would be removed from the earth and possibly within the solar system, in order for time to "stop" for you. You would no longer be passing time using the same reference point, if you were not moving reletive to the reference point. But if everyone else is, they would experience time "passing".

You think?

So to go to the future of earth, it would have to be done in one year increments, as you would have to wait for the earth to go around the sun and meet up with you while you waited at the fixed point in reference to your position to the sun. You would experience time passing of time in reference to other bodies such as the galaxy or universe, but your time would not increment in reference to the rotation around the sun. The earth would come back around next year (on earth) but since you did not go with them, you didnt experience the solar year the earth clocked...365 earthly rotations and one solar rotation reletive to the sun as a central fixed point of measurement. Hoping of course you were able to meet up with the earth when it came back around without it passing you by on a slightly different orbit.

Imagine! You have traveled one year in ahead of time!
or should I say they have aged one year more than you, according to our time keeping methods. In other words, you paused and let the future catch up with you.

Of course this means that you couldnt go "back" in time, as trying to go back would cause you to move in reverse reletive to the central point of reference, but then you would be moving, and "passing" time.

Not like superman, where he spun the world around backwards to go back to the past. Becouse time is not bi-directional, it is mearly a measurement of movement reletive to a common fixed point, like our sun for us. You spin the world around backwards and they are still passing time..

Thoughts anyone?

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Here's an interesting read...
www.biols.susx.ac.uk...

I am intrigued in the "forward motion" theory, however. Very interesting....

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Well it counters everyone else's idea of speeding up to get to the future, faster than light, why not just wait for it to catch up to you?

posted on Sep, 20 2003 @ 01:09 AM
link   
So how could you time travel and still stay on Earth?

I think you would have to stay within the natural oscillations of earthly time elements first. Since we measure time by movements, either celestial or molecular, here on earth, we would have to begin at that reference point.

I think that maybe all atoms, including the ones that makup our bodies, have resonant frequencies. (IE-each person, or object, has a resonant frequency value as a whole). The dominant average resonance value of the electrons spinning around the nucleus' of each atom of ones complete molecular makup. For a body to travel time, I would think that we could only change that resonance(as a whole within one body) , to a harmonic of our natural human frequency. Resonate our bodily frequency higher, and possibly experience and slow the time experienced reletive to the norm (shifting into the past). Resonate at a harmonic lower, and experience time faster, reletetive to the norm (shifting into the future). The tricky part would possibly be, remaining within the harmonic of the norm, to keep your body essence in the same space as the earth exists. Shift out of the harmonic too fast or too slow, and find yourself leaving, or left behind the actual position of the earth reletive to it's orbit, and ending up in space. I guess that would mean you would have to pulse your oscillation frequency to maintain a certain stability, within the norm.

If you wanted to make a "time machine" you would probubly make an enclosure that would change molecular resonant oscillations, and the contents within, by speeding up or slowing down the electron movements around all nucleii, of all matter to be transported, in a controlled fashion.

(I have some parts left over from an old heathkit TV, let me see what I can come up with)

posted on Sep, 20 2003 @ 09:28 PM
link   
OK lets see..I just came back from radio shack for supplies.

But, to continue...

I imagine for this to be able to occur,...you would need a vessel of some type. Kinda like an ultra-sonic cleaner. Something that would allow the resonation at an abnormal frequency, within it's containment. You would want to change the resonant frequency of a body uniformly, to keep it from falling apart an turning to jelly.

(I am currently reading the Titus transcripts and am intregued by the comments)

Since the body and matter has a natural resonant frequency, assumably, then you would only need at least two other time constants for reference into an oscillator amplifier. One for faster, and one for slower. (It wouldnt be like punching in a date and ending up there, unless you had a timer tied to the oscillator to give you a general readout of where(when) you were.

The vessel would oscillate from the amplifier that would resonate a new frequency into the matter contained within. (again the titus transcripts speak of gravitational control, and I believe this to be becouse of the control necessary also, to prevent the energy of electrons from breaking away from the nucleii or attracting others to it's structure.) Everything within this vessel would have a different harmonic reletive to the outside world. Again, faster or slower, past or future. I noticed the comment of the Gravity Lock system of Titus, again.

And I imagine the traveler would still age, forward or back, as 'he' experiences his own time, reletive to the outside world.

Dang it...another trip to Radio Shack!

posted on Sep, 20 2003 @ 09:37 PM
link   
As far as independent observers right behind us would see events, we are all moving forward in time at any given moment. We are not standing still, we are time travelling.

To stand still is currently beyond our grasp, and it is in unlocking the secret of standing still that the whole world of temporal travel will be unveiled to us. I'm working on it as you are ;0 , but busy on a few other things too.

posted on Sep, 20 2003 @ 09:41 PM
link   
But if you could slow your time experience, wouldnt you end up in the past, or speed up, to the future?

posted on Sep, 20 2003 @ 09:43 PM
link   
BTW...you know how much Radio Shack wants for a 1/2 watt resistor in the future,...and they will also want a DNA sample to get one of those free 9v battery club cards.

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 03:23 AM
link   
The way I see Time just doesn't exist. In the atomic world we can see linear movement so Time appears to exist for us. But we can only measure it. We can't actually define it.

Anyway, enough of my worthless opinion. Here's a little exert that I personally enjoy.

"Koeln physics professor Guenther Nimtz, used a hollow metal pipe, called a wave transducer. On the end of the Ca. 20 cm long metal pipe a section of Mozart's Symphony #40 became audible through an amplifier. Not digital quality, but good enough for radio. There was a speed change of the waves that were transduced. This tunnel effect was 4.7 x C [c = speed of light]. The lengths of the microwaves that Nimtz chose were actually too wide for the wave transducer. But still some of them found their way through the other side to the amplifier. In the tunnel occurrence the waves do not seem to require any time. Whereas outside the tunnel the waves were well behaving enough to follow the classical laws and travel at the speed of light. Mozart's symphony has information content, Nimtz contends."

It appears with quantum tunneling we can send faster than light communications. I'm sure this is the first step in actual time travel.

If we add to this such things as time tunnelling at Montauk, Philadelphia Experiment and quantum tunneling you get a good picture of what could be possible.

Unfortunately, I doubt we'll be able to do any viable experiements with Radio $hack merchandise. Although, there are other things such as remote magnetism that could be had with common household items (this was never declassified from Russia though). But it involved being able to magnetize an object from a distance thus making the object unable to be picked up. Kinda like adding gravity to it. But in the end it's all the same just different levels.

It's seems for actual time travel a very large and strong electromagnetic field is needed. I'm certain it wouldn't hurt to put this field over already existing earth ley lines or magnetic lines.

All the above should sound like it's coming from an amateur because that's what I am. But I would like to start putting together the crop circle images. What does this have to do with anything? Well, a lot actually. Earlier, more decipherable crop circles were showing science. There are some that show alternating current, capasitors, microwaves and the such. The whole crop circle thing appears to be a science class with the lessons stacked on top of each other. Of course, the only way to figure it out is to know science well and be able to visualize the different field interactions in 3d. This I'm working on but it's a slow process. Plus, not having readily available equipment to experiment with makes it rather boring as I like hands on.

In conclusion, to "stand still" in time seems to require the atoms that wish to stand still be enveloped in a stong electromagentic field that tunnels those atoms so fast that all the atoms outside the field appear to be moving extremely slow to the point of almost stopping.

Just don't stick your arm out. And please don't fart. We don't need your fart atoms interlaced over hundreds of years.

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 05:42 PM
link   
look on the link i posted new scientist good expo there

top topics

join