It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: The National Clandestine Service (NCS)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
In the latest shake-up of the US Intelligence Services the Bush Administration has announced the creation of the National Clandestine Service to be responsible for all human spying activities (i.e. non electronic or technology based). The new agency is so secretive that the identity of the director will remain a state secret.

news.bbc.co.uk
The National Clandestine Service (NCS) will oversee all human espionage operations - meaning spying by people rather than by technical means.

The chief of the new service will supervise the CIA's espionage operations and co-ordinate all overseas spying, including those of the FBI and the Pentagon.

The director of the new agency, whose identity will remain secret and is simply known as "Jose", will report directly to the head of the CIA, Porter Goss.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Clandestine?! Congratulations on your very own Secret Police!

This move follows the creation of the National Security Service (NSS) back in June:

Bush Approves Spy Agency Changes

By Dan Eggen and Walter Pincus
Washington Post Staff Writers
Thursday, June 30, 2005; Page A01

President Bush ordered another shake-up of the nation's intelligence services yesterday, forming new national security divisions within both the FBI and the Justice Department and, for the first time, putting a broad swath of the FBI under the authority of the nation's spy chief.

Bush also ordered the creation of a National Counter Proliferation Center, aimed at helping to combat the spread of weapons of mass destruction to terrorist groups and rogue states. In addition, a separate executive order released yesterday allows the freezing of assets of individuals, groups or companies allegedly involved in weapons proliferation, including eight specific organizations in Iran, North Korea and Syria.

In addition to the creation of the Department of Homeland Security, the FBI previously created a Directorate of Intelligence and has expanded the number of agents, analysts and other staff members dedicated to counterterrorism and counterintelligence.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

So do Americans have enough spy agencies yet? The FBI and CIA were not enough?

Parts of the FBI now report to the Intelligence Tsar Negroponte (who was neck deep in the Iran-Contra scandal BTW - Wiki Negroponte) and now we have a super secret organisation run by "Jose" who reports to Porter Goss (sponsor of the Patriot Act - Wiki Porter Goss).

I feel safer now that the US has their very own Secret Police don't you? Especially with people like John Negroponte, Porter Goss and Alberto Gonzales in charge.

Jose is watching you...

Related News Links:
www.dallasnews.com
en.wikipedia.org
en.wikipedia.org

[edit on 10/19/2005 by Gools]

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Excellent find and OMG!

This should be a Top Story methinks.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Fantastic find, but I am worried about one major thing...

What if BushCo have done a Hoover? Anyone remember when he "made" the F.B.I. and put himself in charge of it for life?

Think of that for a moment...Bush...in power of a "Spy Agency" or any of his partners for life, no matter who gets in power they will have an agency nobody can spy on or keep check of to plant evidence and cause as many problems as they so desire.

Welcome to the "Democratic Police State".

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Nice find!
And just to think, people have been saying that the Patriot Act version 2 was nothing to worry about. They may of had it right, this move far exceeds what the Patriot Act 2

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Why, even despite Godwin's Law, does the comparison still seem to hold truer and truer with each passing month? I seem to remember a previous fascist madman who constantly invented new security agencies to watch the populace, and those agencies all had official-sounding acronyms too.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Hot news in Europe and the UK - but ignored by ATS?!

Well, not by me! I think this'll make a GREAT topic for a podcast - and, and ... it's coming to me...

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I agree! Excellent find! :up
Yes, this information is disturbing, but doesn't surprise me in the least.:

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Did you know the German translation of "NCS" is "SSS"?

Why so much security, I wonder? When money starts going to centralized budgets, it's not just a bureaucratic powerplay - it's a big policy move. The kind that's designed to survive a change in government.

Ever hear about the Commie witch hunts? Very much like the Salem witch hunts. Except this time it will be easier. All the troublemakers will be quarantined in detainment camps...

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

Where on earth do you get SSS from?

National Clandistine Service translates to Nationaler Heimlicher Service aka NHS.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix

Originally posted by soficrow

Where on earth do you get SSS from?

National Clandistine Service translates to Nationaler Heimlicher Service aka NHS.

SSSo. You zpeke German, Jah. Unt haff you any udder affiliationsss zat you vould lik to disssclosss to ATSSS?

It vass a yoke.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
All joking asside

Can anybody figure out that maze of agencies with respect to powers, functions and budgetary expenditures? Is the confusion intentional? Too much stovepiping so that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing?

It seems that new agencies are being created all over the place with little details given. Why the need for a new super secret agency with a director who's identity remains secret.

Any guesses from the politicos out there? I'm guessing it's one of the PNAC gang.

The police state is closer than you think...

[edit on 10/19/2005 by Gools]

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I was born an American and lived in America my whole life and I have never seen or even heard about anybody being taken away by any so called secret police or intelligence agency. I am close to people in several Intel agencies and they do not do that sort of thing to innocent people. Quit being so paranoid. Unless you are terrorists or planning an attack don't worry about it.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   
This isn't going to be used against terrorists IMO.

With the Bush administration being investigated on all sides, arrest warrants issued and pending indictments for outting a CIA agent, you have to wonder about the need to create a bureau reporting directly to Goss.

How far do you think the powers that be are willing to go to hold onto power? Think about it. Ever watch a spy movie about a black-op or mobster movies? How does a mobster keep his power?

This is basically a black-op run from the Whitehouse. The guys got together and decided they need a new secret "agency" (i.e. a team of people) headed by a nameless person, the perfect "plausible deniability". If it get's out of control, blame it on a patsy.

If I was a prosecutor in the US I'd be worried right now.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools

Can anybody figure out that maze of agencies with respect to powers, functions and budgetary expenditures?

"The director of the new agency, whose identity will remain secret and is simply known as "Jose", will report directly to the head of the CIA, Porter Goss."

.....Jose and Porter have the power, run the show, call the shots, and write the checks. Obviously.

Is the confusion intentional?

yes.

Too much stovepiping so that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing?

Except Jose and Porter.

Why the need for a new super secret agency with a director who's identity remains secret.

Ambience.

The police state is closer than you think...

yes.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   

All joking asside

Can anybody figure out that maze of agencies with respect to powers, functions and budgetary expenditures? Is the confusion intentional? Too much stovepiping so that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing?

Here's a good place to start

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   
If I was a citizen of the U.S. I would have been worried years ago, however, the allusionary tactics of the U.S. have worked perfectly on a mass scale.

Godwins law is foolish; and only fools dictate thier counter arguments with such fallacious propositions that volley common sense and aprioism which illustrates that dictatorships are sprung up through a predictable pattern which is being seen in the United States of America as we speak. Truely, the only perceptive argument for such measure taken upon by this administration would be to parry advancments made by terrorist cells, but as we speak, it's becoming blatantly apparent that these ghosts seem to be non-existent and contrived under spurious accords.

Jose, do tell me, how accountable are you to legality? It seems as if you will not be held accountable to any crimes due to your viel of secrecy.

Luxifero

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Luxifero

Jose, do tell me, how accountable are you to legality? It seems as if you will not be held accountable to any crimes due to your viel of secrecy.

Bingo. It's Gonzales.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Perphaps.

Luxifero

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuietSoul

All joking asside

Here's a good place to start

well... the new NCS isn't on there, and I am sure alot of others (expecially the new ones) aren't on there.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   
welcome back to the reality of almost complete Orweillian 1984 (1948) on Earth.

[edit on 19-10-2005 by sugeshotcha]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join