It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Beheading Of Two Iraqi Spies For US Military Released On Internet.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   
The beheading of two Iraqi agents accused of spying for the US military has been captured on video and released on the Internet by an insurgent group linked to Al Queda, named Ansar Al-Sunna. The videos show two men wearing no shirt being beheaded by a large knife and was dated September 12. The men have been named as Shakr Mahmud Jassem and Riyadh Najm Abdullah and they were filmed being inerrogated and admitting to spying in Dora on the outskirts of Baghdad for the US miltary.

www.abc.net.au
It filmed them being interrogated, off camera, and a statement posted on the group's website said each of the men had been in charge of 30-member cells operating around the capital.

"They denounced several Muslims who were then attacked in their homes, arrested and detained in the prisons of the Crusaders where they are still being held," it said.

"The Islamic tribunal [of Ansar al-Sunna] decided to implement the divine judgment and slit their throat to serve as an example to others."

"Let all those who work for the Americans and the Jews stop doing so", a voice on the video warned.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Another horror deed serving to highlight the attrocities committed in this war. I do wonder whether the men did in fact honestly admit to spying or whether the confession under torture nullified the truth.

Related News Links
The Star
mypetjawa.mu.nu

[edit on 5-10-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   
You may want to change your title. Slitting somones throat and beheading them are two totally different things.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whompa1
You may want to change your title. Slitting somones throat and beheading them are two totally different things.

You should have checked out the link. The men had their heads cut off and placed on their chests. If this isn't Beheading; what would you call it?

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   

I guess slitting someone's throat would cause more pain compared to the barbaric act of beheading.

I though beheading and slitting of the throat are one in the same. The victim loses consciousness and passes after the trachea gets cut. Take it a step further and beheading is just cutting the rest of a dead body part being the neck.

MBF

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Let's just hope that they don't start taking pictures of these people on a leash or something like that. That would be truely horriable.

And THEY think we are such bad peolpe.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
People died from torture and abuse in Abu Ghraib you know, they didnt stop with just putting them on leashes!

War is hell and both sides in this War are capable of truly disgusting afronts to humanity. Dont kid yourself that both sides arent as bad as each other.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

You should have checked out the link. The men had their heads cut off and placed on their chests. If this isn't Beheading; what would you call it?

I was going by the what is said in the story and what the poster put in the title. I am aware of the story and what it says. I still am uncertain as to why they decided to start lobbing heads off. Is there some significance to islam in this act?

[edit on 5-10-2005 by Whompa1]

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MBF
Let's just hope that they don't start taking pictures of these people on a leash or something like that. That would be truely horriable.

And THEY think we are such bad peolpe.

Wow, its been a while since I've since ignorance like this.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whompa1 I still am uncertain as to why they decided to start lobbing heads off.

the koran...

“The Messenger of Allah commanded that all of the Jewish men and boys who had reached puberty should be beheaded. Then the Prophet divided the wealth, wives, and children of the Banu Qurayza Jews among the Muslims"

"I went into a cave with my bow and arrows. While I was in it, a one-eyed man from the Banu Bakr came in driving some sheep. He said, ‘Who’s there?’ I said [lied], ‘I’m a Banu Bakr.’ ‘So am I.’ Then he laid down next to me, and raised his voice in song: ‘I will not believe in the faith of the Muslims.’ I said, ‘You will soon see!’ Before long the Bedouin went to sleep and started snoring. So I killed him in the most dreadful way that anybody has ever killed. I leant over him, struck the end of my bow into his good eye, and thrust it down until it came out the back of his neck. After that I rushed out like a wild beast and took flight. I came to the village of Naqi and recognized two Meccan spies. I called for them to surrender. They said no so I shot and arrow and killed one, and then I tied the other up and took him to Muhammad.”

“Allah, what a fine band you have, one willing to kill Sallam and Ashraf! We went with sharp swords, like fighting lions. We came upon their homes and made them drink death with our swift-slaying swords. Looking for the victory of our Prophet’s religion, we ignored every risk.”

“Truly, if the Hypocrites stir up sedition, if the agitators in the City do not desist, We shall urge you to go against them and set you over them. Then they will not be able to stay as your neighbors for any length of time. They shall have a curse on them. Whenever they are found, they shall be seized and slain without mercy—a fierce slaughter—murdered, a horrible murdering.”

but hey believe what you wish.

[edit on 5-10-2005 by namehere]

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Read the Old Testament and you'll find equally grizzly things. Are you trying to paint a picture of Islam with that? Or are you trying to show that fundamentalism is using holy scriptures as an excuse to comit evil?

One would be totally false and the other is the bloody obvious. Which is it then?

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Wow, those darn A-rabs are just evil!!

That's Islamic law, you cut off the head of someone who is deliberatly dishonering Islam and the nations people - it's been done for hundreds of years and Bush's family friends the Saudi's still do it today. What's the big surprise? I'm sure if you sat and watched a Texas death row inmate put to death infront of your eyes you would also find that quiet morbid too.

The guys were helping the US, they got caught and were killed in classic Islamic fashion, the web posting is to tell others not to cross their country men to help the invading force not because they are proud of evil acts in cutting off innocent people heads for fun.

Right now there's a US soilder who has been caught giving Whitehouse secrets to another country and America's are saying he should get the death penalty and that logic comes with the claim that he's dishonoring the flag and helping aid the enemy. If America ever has to fight within it's borders to remove an invading force, i very much doubt those Americans helping the invading countries army would be treated with respect and allowed a full court battle rather than being shot dead on the spot under a self imposed law of 'patriotic duty'.

Can't wait for tomorrows "Why Islam is evil" post to point out more American hypocracy. This is getting very old.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by subz
Read the Old Testament and you'll find equally grizzly things. Are you trying to paint a picture of Islam with that? Or are you trying to show that fundamentalism is using holy scriptures as an excuse to comit evil?

One would be totally false and the other is the bloody obvious. Which is it then?

do you assume im christian? because im not.

yes theres bad in the bible but the bad in the koran is far more numerous and the koran actually orders killing, kidnapping, etc, the bible only mentions gods wrath or punishment, the bible is nothing compared to the koran and its prophit.

religions of islam, judiasm and christianity is a threat to us all, but islam is the most violent religion because the koran and by its own words it must destroy all other religions and its repeated many times, the bible and torah dont suggest any such thing to its believers, they only mention god destroying unbelievers.

humans being told to kill and killing with evidence of it actually going on is one thing, and evil, but unproven stories of gods wrath and wars which have never been proven either is obviously telling me islam was founded on violence and judiasm and christianity were founded on stories and myths or lies.

but all 3 are responsible for most violence the past 1000 + years and the past few decades islam has been the most violent of all, in countries across the globe with many terrorist insurgencies in the name of the goal of creating islamic states, even if insurgency in iraq is justified, most attacks in iraq arent insurgency attacks, they are terrorist attacks.

the koran itself calls peaceful muslims who dont participate in punishing unbelievers and fighting their enemy, themselvs unjust, unbelievers and they are not true muslims.

there may be evil in the bible but christians arent beheading or terrorising people in iraq so its unimportant in relation to iraq.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheShroudOfMemphis

Wow, those darn A-rabs are just evil!!

That's Islamic law, you cut off the head of someone who is deliberatly dishonering Islam and the nations people - it's been done for hundreds of years and Bush's family friends the Saudi's still do it today. What's the big surprise? I'm sure if you sat and watched a Texas death row inmate put to death infront of your eyes you would also find that quiet morbid too.

The guys were helping the US, they got caught and were killed in classic Islamic fashion, the web posting is to tell others not to cross their country men to help the invading force not because they are proud of evil acts in cutting off innocent people heads for fun.

Can't wait for tomorrows "Why Islam is evil" post to point out more American hypocracy. This is getting very old.

if youre saying terrorism is honorable in islam and islam isnt evil arent you contradicting yourself? these arent insurgents beheading people.

hypocracy? how? punishment for a crime(and treason rarely is punished by death in the US) isnt the same as murdering someone for exposing your criminal murderous "gang" who terrorses your own people.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Any confession made under torture is pretty worthless. With enough time and pain you can make a person confess to anything.

Everyone has a breaking point and once you reach that you will say anything to make the pain stop. .

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by namehere
if youre saying terrorism is honorable in islam and islam isnt evil arent you contradicting yourself? these arent insurgents beheading people.

hypocracy? how? punishment for a crime(and treason rarely is punished by death in the US) isnt the same as murdering someone for exposing your criminal murderous "gang" who terrorses your own people.

I'm saying what's the big deal? Who really cares? Do you?
Of course not. No one gives a rats ass about the people being beheaded, what this story shows is that people will jump at the chance to use those deaths as a way of damning Islam in order to justify an even more murderous war that their countrymen are representing. To me, that's no different than being involved in the very groups your trying to lambast because your also using someones death as a means of proping up your cause.

Islam has a very detailed beheading history, that factor is NOTHING new - hell, even Bush's family friends in Saudi Arabia still do it to people who have crossed their ideals. That's their version of the electric chair, the injection, the gas chamber and until they have K-Marts with a gun section and lackluster gun laws in which they purchase cheap arms and bullets and move to gangland style slayings as seen in America, that's how they do it - the traditional way, with a blade and a statement.

Is it the way they died which has your goat? Would it of been better if these 'Al-Qaeda Linked Terrorists' used a drone to locate them and lock on target with invisable lasers so helicopters could pick up their location and use hellfire on these men as the US and Isreal do it? I don't know about you but i've seen video footage of this exact scenario happening on 3 innocent farmers, where's their tribute?

What is your point here? What's the problem exactly besides the same old retoric that they are evil, they do bad things, we are the good guys, they are trying to take over the world, we're trying to stop them for no personal gain to ourselves, blah blah woof woof?

For one, there is no such thing as a 'LINK' to Al-Qaeda because Al-Qaeda has never had a cell exposed and identified (unless you count the fake Al-Qaeda cell that Mossad was trying to setup in Palistine) so you can't link to something which hasn't been exposed to begin with, that's like saying follow the trail through the pitch black forest without a light and when you get to the other end, you'll have your 'proof'.

Second, these people were killed for helping the invading force - no matter what label you want to give the killers, they did what they did because they are fighting for their nation as i imagine all good patriotic Americans would do too. Murder isn't something new to America, yet it's sensationalized like some revelation when an Arab person does it, aslong as some 'links' are mentioned which attributes them to the 'bad guys'.

I'm not condoning what they've done at all, i think it's rotten, all death is but at the same time, i'm not going to pretend like it's something which gives reason for more war and more future invasions rather than acknowledging that it happened directly because of the original invasion by the 'good guys' in the first place for real reasons which rarely get a mention due to these very typical emotional reactionary stories which flood the news like propaganda.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 02:30 AM
link   
WOW!
Very well said Shroud!!

You have voted TheShroudOfMemphis for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Couldn't agree with you more

Wake up guys, we're being played for fools! The pot is stirred by the hands of the rulers and the peasants, once again, are thrown into confusion.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 03:18 AM
link   

from TheShroudOfMemphis
Is it the way they died which has your goat? Would it of been better if these 'Al-Qaeda Linked Terrorists' used a drone to locate them and lock on target with invisable lasers so helicopters could pick up their location and use hellfire on these men as the US and Isreal do it? I don't know about you but i've seen video footage of this exact scenario happening on 3 innocent farmers, where's their tribute?

If this is the video of the three "innocent" farmers "farming" at night, then it goes a long way in explaining your feelings for them.

If these 3 innocent farmers were killed as you described, during daylight, please post a link to it. I'd love to see it.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheShroudOfMemphis

I'm saying what's the big deal? Who really cares? Do you?
Of course not. No one gives a rats ass about the people being beheaded, what this story shows is that people will jump at the chance to use those deaths as a way of damning Islam in order to justify an even more murderous war that their countrymen are representing.

Islam has a very detailed beheading history, that factor is NOTHING new - hell, even Bush's family friends in Saudi Arabia still do it to people who have crossed their ideals. That's their version of the electric chair, the injection, the gas chamber and until they have K-Marts with a gun section and lackluster gun laws in which they purchase cheap arms and bullets and move to gangland style slayings as seen in America, that's how they do it - the traditional way, with a blade and a statement.

What is your point here? What's the problem exactly besides the same old retoric that they are evil, they do bad things, we are the good guys, they are trying to take over the world, we're trying to stop them for no personal gain to ourselves, blah blah woof woof?

For one, there is no such thing as a 'LINK' to Al-Qaeda because Al-Qaeda has never had a cell exposed and identified (unless you count the fake Al-Qaeda cell that Mossad was trying to setup in Palistine) so you can't link to something which hasn't been exposed to begin with, that's like saying follow the trail through the pitch black forest without a light and when you get to the other end, you'll have your 'proof'.

Second, these people were killed for helping the invading force - no matter what label you want to give the killers, they did what they did because they are fighting for their nation as i imagine all good patriotic Americans would do too. Murder isn't something new to America, yet it's sensationalized like some revelation when an Arab person does it, aslong as some 'links' are mentioned which attributes them to the 'bad guys'.

I'm not condoning what they've done at all, i think it's rotten, all death is but at the same time, i'm not going to pretend like it's something which gives reason for more war and more future invasions rather than acknowledging that it happened directly because of the original invasion by the 'good guys' in the first place for real reasons which rarely get a mention due to these very typical emotional reactionary stories which flood the news like propaganda.

islam is the problem tho, i was pointing out how the most violent acts like beheading and suicide bombings are indeed islams fault, being apathetic and brushing it off like you suggest wont help the situation, murderers with a dedicated purpose and no fear of death will not be changed by peace or anything which assures their existence, you can deal with insurgents by peace but not these terrorists, no matter how badly you want peace, islam may be the problem but not all muslims follow traditional conservative islam as these extremists do, i never suggested destroying islam, only that we destroy the extremist element within iraq, this doesnt require war, only peace and getting on the good side of iraqis and work with them to destroy the extremists so they cant murder anymore iraqi's, i do care and i know that even i see islm as evil, not all muslims prescribe to hardcore conservative islam as these extremists do, i'd wager to say most muslims today are better people than mohommad was.

so? most muslim countries do not behead people or use execution for things like stealing, adultury, homosexuality, etc as saudi arabia does and in the US we only execute for murder, not every state allows execution and most death sentences are not carried out, comparing our system to saudi arabia is obsurd, many muslm countries arent even as bad as them or even anywhere near as conservative in a religious context so dont give me the argument of "they do it so these people can do it too because it has always been going on" i dont buy it because a just person muslim or not will fight honestly and will not target innocent or murder innocents who are trying to protect their people, your assertion is foolish and insulting to good people in islam, plus guns are or were legally sold in iraq, these extremists have guns, bombs, grenades, mortar, etc, they use beheading for terror, shock, emotion, not because they lack guns, and dont compare this to the death penalty, i dont see soldiers going in, collecting everyone aiding insurgents and executing them all and everyone they know, nice try but i dont see a connection.

3 farmers, lol please if you cant recognise an rpg and transport trucks likely used to sell/transport weapons, then whatever, anyways, insurgents dont behead their fellow citizens or terrorist them with suicide bombings, i prefer unjust murderous terrorists be destroyed and just fighters to conduct an honest war on both sides and to show restraint and honor.

i recall critisizing everyone, muslim, christian, whatever, i never said anyone was the good guy, my point was that "true" islam as purist conservative muslims and extrmists see it is a major cause for violence as is the case in any form of fundamentalism in anything, an unjust murder is not ok and terrorism is not just.

and i never mentioned alqueda once or any link, if you read anything i said or read the koran you'd know i was reffering to lack of restraint and unjust acts such as attacking iraqi's, true resistence doesnt use terror on its own people, common sense is all you require to realise these are terrorists and not insurgents.

sorry but these are terrorists, and are not good people, they are the old way of conservative extremist islam, self described true muslims, islam is evil by its very nature even if many muslims are good people.

and the last point tells me you ignored everything i said and jumped on it and assumed im some brainwashed muslim hating ignorant fool going by propoganda or hate, im not, islam and the koran speaks for itself and i dislike them for the violence is has created long before iraq being invaded.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 07:08 AM
link   

You have voted namehere for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Nice work on that last post!

I got some Muslim friends and some Christian friends and they are pretty much the same as far as character goes, nice people who do good things. You ever need something they're there for you.

Generic Muslims just like generic Christians are great people.
It's the radicals that are the problem.

In America a while back there was a guy who claimed to be "Christian" and he blew up abortion clinics in the name of god.

Did you know the KKK considers itself a "Christian" organization?

I don't personally know the Koran, so I can not comment on whether or not these are extremists following archaic laws or whether they are misinterpreting their holy books to justify their hate, like most "Christian" based hate groups do.

Either way what they are doing is morally wrong whether or not they have been doing it since time began.

Death is a private matter.
At least in America our gangs and murders have the decency to do it at night and keep it quiet.
You might hear about it if the news gets a hold of it, but no American killer would want anyone to know what they did.

Even that abortion clinic bomber went on the run and was in hiding for years before they caught him. His was a political message similar to that of the extremist Muslims, "what you’re doing is wrong so I’m getting your attention by doing this"

The system doesn't work though, all it does is piss people off to the point where they come looking for you for retribution.

The only way to end this war is to desensitize the entire populace of Iraq and surrounding countries with things such as video games and movies.

When the majority of the people don't care anymore, because they are desensitized by the games and movies, then you can easily sweep in and take out the extremists that are causing problems.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   

and by its own words it must destroy all other religions

There's nothing of the sort in the koran or islam. Indeed, the middle east, where islam has dominated for around a thousand years, has many more faiths in it than, say, europe, where christianity dominated in roughly the same period. The islamic regions of the world are where some of the most religious diversity on the planet is. The koran has unethical and violent acts in it, thats a given, but it doesn't demand that all non-muslims be destroyed and that everyone must become a muslim or face depredation and death.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join