It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures from Inside Groom Lake

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Here are some pictures that I have found that were taken within the Groom Lake test complex. I am hoping to make this an authoritative thread for "within" Groom Lake photos - please add on whatever you can.

This is a picture of "Senior Trend," taken within a hangar at Groom Lake. For some background, I will quote a little bit from the book, Dark Eagles by Curtis Peebles:

...Under cover of darkness, number 780 was loaded aboard a C-5 and flown to Groom Lake.

Upon arrival, 780 was taken to a hangar at the south end of the flight line and reassembly began. Even here, security remained paramount: a camouflage net was stretched across the open hangar door. Once assembly was complete, static engine test runs were made. The plane was kept inside the hangar, with the exhaust vented out the open door.(11 - "We Own the Night" from Lockheed Horizons)

I have no proof that this is at Area 51, except that it appears that this is a picture of reassembly of the craft after it was broken down to be packed on the C-5 that carried it to Groom Lake:

Once at Groom Lake, plane 780 was painted very crudely and quickly in three colors to hide its textures -

This picture is in contrast to later, well-painted F117's such as this one, so the above picture was likely taken at Groom Lake. The following picture was probably taken at a regular Air Force base, likely Nellis.

This is a U-2 being unloaded at Groom Lake:

Here is a U-2 hanging out, allegedly at Groom:

An A-12 outside of Groom Lake hangars:

This is an A-12 possibly at Groom Lake, but I don't know for sure:

Here is an SR-71 being serviced inside a huge hangar:

Enjoy! Please feel free to add more pictures to this thread and if you have any evidence that any of the above pictures were taken outside of Area 51, please inform me and I will remove them.

Zip

Mod Edit: to Rename thread by request of the author.

[edit on 9-6-2005 by kinglizard]

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I have been waiting for someone to get some pictures of inside area 51, please post more, maybe someone has a picture of the inside of the actual base stored some were, PLEASE share.

www2.acc.af.mil...

www.menphis75.com...

www.menphis75.com...

www.menphis75.com...
[

www.menphis75.com...

www.menphis75.com...

www.menphis75.com...

www.menphis75.com...

www.menphis75.com...

www.menphis75.com...

www.menphis75.com...

www.menphis75.com...

^ his may be from dulce (The cryo labs) not sure though.
www.menphis75.com...

[edit on 4-6-2005 by iksmodnad]

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Cool pics, iksmodnad!

What the hell is going on in that last picture? I can't access the main web page for some reason (maybe it's just loading really really slowly).

Zip

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Cool pics! Looks like some of them are from Area 51, but also some show the Lockheed RCS test facility in Helendale!

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
More pictures:

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Those pics are spectacular. Many of them are from Skunkworks, though, but that's okay - still awesome. Imagine, just a few decades ago, how top secret that stuff was and what the Russians would have done to get these pictures that we are looking at.

Zip

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
To Zipdot

What make you think, that the Russian didn't know about the SR-71 at the time ?

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Just imagian what we may have right now in a work shop somewere, I am sure they make the SR-71 look the the wright brothers plane.

The jets they are just starting to release, probably have been in development since the early 1980s.. which makes me wonder whats in development right now.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Yeah, the planes coming out now were made in the 70's and 80's. Some of the air craft being developed today won't be seen until around 2035!

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by PopeyeFAFL
To Zipdot

What make you think, that the Russian didn't know about the SR-71 at the time ?

The Russians knew we had it but we were able to maintain such secrets about it as how fast it could go and what we were going to use it for. I was referring to the pictures of its construction.

Speaking of which, let's try to keep this thread mostly picture-oriented.

external image

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Here's a good one from the U2 days:

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
"The Nevada Test Site is a massive outdoor laboratory and national experimental center that cannot be duplicated. ... under the direction of the Department of Energy (DOE), test site use has diversified into many other programs ..."

This comes straight from the DOE Nevada Test Site web site. Once again proves that anything and everything could be going on there. They also fail to mention the underground laboratories.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by meshuggah1324
Yeah, the planes coming out now were made in the 70's and 80's. Some of the air craft being developed today won't be seen until around 2035!

Depending on the priority it can come out any wear from the year 2005 (now) 'till the year 2040,

The history channel always gives you a sneak peak at what the government plans to release, usually shown through animations, and what they show usually comes out. For instants before they released actual pictures of the X-43a I seen animated movies clips of it on a show about experimental aircraft. I guess the government release this footage when an aircraft is close to being released or tested.

Get this I was watching one of their documentaries last week and they showed an animation of a disk shape aircraft that looked just like your classic UFO. So who knows what will come out next year.

About the underground labratories, thats what most intrest me. I take it that some of these photos i posted might give some insight to them.

THis looks like an entrance into them:

This looks like a moudel of some kind possibly a super computer:

That was probably snapped back in the 50's - 60's I bet for that time period those comps (assuming thats what they are) were pulling in about 3 gigahertz for the most advanced of the time which is unheard of for that time period but you have to remember its top secrete. Nowadays they are probably pulling in about 2 teraflopes, which is unheard of considering our brain process at 1 teraflop.

This looks like a UAV station for very early UAV experimental craft.

More Pictures:

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Here are some more pictures from Groom Lake:

Two of the B-2 test planes preping for a night flight:

The A-12 Blackbirds of the CIA's Roadrunner squadron:

Have Blue 1001 in it's hanger preping for it's first flight:

Above are three good shots of Groom Lake's aircraft.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   

This looks like a moudel of some kind possibly a super computer:
That was probably snapped back in the 50's - 60's I bet for that time period those comps (assuming thats what they are) were pulling in about 3 gigahertz for the most advanced of the time which is unheard of for that time period but you have to remember its top secrete. Nowadays they are probably pulling in about 2 teraflopes, which is unheard of considering our brain process at 1 teraflop.

Hate to disappoint you, but the first supercomputers came up in the 60's with processing power of around 2 megaflops.
Speed measured in hertz also isn't that much of a scale as it is with pc's. There are a lot of tasks that are done using highly specialized IC's where hertz doesn't mean a thing. For example, the NSA is using specialized components designed for voice recognition. They are designed and built for a single task, but they do that task extremely fast. This stuff died on the open market decades ago since it is way to expensive for business, but is still loved for certain purposes.

Oh, yeah, and the human brain is said to have processing power of around 100 teraflops (just think about how much information you have to process just typing this).

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I swear, I SOOOOOOO wish i could get in there! But whats so secret about the base is most likey underground.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I agree. I wish I could get in there to. I think right before I die. I'm going to drive there and then i'm going to sprint into it. I know they'll probably shoot me. But thats why I'm going to do it right before i die.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Good plan. You might make it to the front security gate.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
This has got to be one of the best threads i've ever seen on ATS. I strongly reccomend that the mods of this forum top this thread for all to see now, and in the future.

Anybody got more pics, POST 'EM!

-J

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   

]
Todays supercomputers are can do a lot more than 2 teraflops, thay would be running at 200+ teraflops(most likely wrong), the playstation 3 which is coming out next year is doing 2 teraflops costing a few hundred $$$ vs a multimillion $$$ top secrete supercomputer.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join