It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Wolfowitz dating a muslim causes stir in Washington

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Paul Wolfowitz, the jewish-neocon leader married to his jewish wife Clare Selgin, is reportedly dating Shaha Ali Riza, a tunisian-born influential muslim woman. Critics see this relationship interfering with Wolfowitz's nomination as world bank president, as Shaha Ali Riza is seen as one of the primary resposibles for hyping Washington politics towards the Iraq blunder.

www.arabnews.com
Political foes of Wolfowitz portray him as a leader of Washington’s Jewish neo-conservatives driving a blindly pro- Israel policy in the Middle East. Critics have also noted that his sister, Laura, a biologist, lives in Israel and has an Israeli husband.

However, Wolfowitz’s only comment on the complaints has been a terse statement issued through a Pentagon spokesman. He said: “If a personal relationship presents a potential conflict of interest, I will comply with bank policies to resolve the issue.”

But Wolfowitz, a married father of three, is said to be so blinded by his relationship with Riza, that influential members of the World Bank believe she played a key role in influencing the Pentagon official to launch the 2003 Iraq war. As his trusted confident, she is said to be one of most influential Muslims in Washington.

What they are said to share is a passion to establish democracy in the Middle East.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I find it remarkable that the number one responsible of the US suicidal pro-israeli apartheid and war politics privately prefers muslim women. Is it his israeli slave-trader mentality showing through ?

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I can see this getting voted down by the usual Redneck block, one of the reasons I don't post anymore. How dare we mention something that could conceivably put Wolfie the Jew defender of Israel in a bad light.

Reports indicate that Dr. Clare Selgin Wolfowitz separated from Paul because he had an affair with a woman at Johns Hopkins University. Paul Wolfowitz was Dean and Professor of International Relations at the Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS) of The Johns Hopkins University. During that time he used his position to prey on woman under his authority When the scandal broke he and his wife Clare separated but appear not to have divorced. At this point it is unclear if the relationship with Shaha Ali Riza predates the scandalous affair at SAIS.

Sorce: www.sw-asia.com...

Notes on Dr. Paul Wolfowitz

[edit on 27/3/2005 by Sauron]

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I vote against it, I am NO redneck. I say you should becareful what you call people.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Great find!

Probably just some anti-republican propaganda in action, but still a nice story.

IF it is True anyway!

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Well for the record, i suspended voting until the member can provide a less biased source link.

Sanc'.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I think it's important to discuss Wolfowitz, his world views, and his perversions, as he's been nomiated as world bank president. I'm sorry if that involves exposing his racist/israeli thinking. You can't just take him out of the usual critical public discussion/scrutiny procedure just because he's a jew.

[edit on 27-3-2005 by krotzkrotz]

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Very good find

Very interesting to see how main figures have their own domestic problems and issues.

Hey isn't love beyond borders, and color blind.

Specially if you are married all ready.
and dating the "enemy"

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   
sanctum, did you read the article ? It's not biased at all, please explain what you mean .. ?

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Yes i read the source link...

WASHINGTON, 23 March 2005 — Here’s a bit of news that had Washingtonians choking on their coffee this morning: President Bush’s neoconservative hawk Paul Wolfowitz, the Pentagon’s architect of the US invasion of Iraq, is dating a Muslim!

Would an unbiased site use this kind of grammar? I think not.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   
"I can see this getting voted down by the usual Redneck block, one of the reasons I don't post anymore. How dare we mention something that could conceivably put Wolfie the Jew defender of Israel in a bad light."

I vote yes, and I AM a redneck!
Well, at least, I USED to be...

Anyway, putting this up can't put him in any worse light than he's bringing on himself, I mean, have you SEEN her?!?

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   
There needs to be a mandate on name calling. NO tolorance(sp).

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Specially if you are married all ready. and dating the "enemy"

I like that. In Bed With The Enemy!

Around the world, the notion of US Deputy Defence Secretary Paul Wolfowitz leading the World Bank met with reactions that ranged mainly from official reserve to outright denunciation, but there was some support.

I think mister Wolfowitz is getting a taste of his own medicine.

Now after his nomination for leader of the World Bank by mister Bush; the reaction is not really good. But there was some support....

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I voted yes and i'am not a fan of Wolfy (or any neo-con) but...

Leave the guy alone, don't mix his personal life with his political life. If his happy dating this girl then good for him.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
sanctum, you mentionned that my intro is biased. I cant see that. Just because i use the word "jewish". Is that already being biased ? Or calling Iraq a "blunder" ? It's not biased either...

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Luv it

The spin on this will last for weeks. Claims of diversity and acceptance will be fantastic. Poor woman! Talk about 'sleeping with the enemy'

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Hey, mixing political and private life is always a favorite technique, used by counter-political-propaganda. Even if its a rumor, or simple a lie; you get it out and then let the Enemy deal with it. And try to deny it. That is a favorite tactic of dear "Boy-Genius" Karl Rove. If he got an information like this about some democratic political figure, he would NOT hesitate a second to get it out!

So, if he can do it, why cant any other?

Who cares if its true, as long as people talk about it!

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoeDoaks
Luv it

The spin on this will last for weeks. Claims of diversity and acceptance will be fantastic. Poor woman! Talk about 'sleeping with the enemy'

If i was a muslim i would vote for her being exorcised or cast out of the religious community for sleeping with Wolfowitz. It's probably gruesome for muslims to imagine a fellow muslim dating one of the world's top-ranked muslim killers & enslavers. I bet she won't show up in a muslim country for the rest of her life

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by krotzkrotz
If i was a muslim i would vote for her being exorcised or cast out of the religious community for sleeping with Wolfowitz. It's probably gruesome for muslims to imagine a fellow muslim dating one of the world's top-ranked muslim killers & enslavers. I bet she won't show up in a muslim country for the rest of her life

Damn! You are right! We are so concerned about our dear Paul, we forgot about his "woman"!

She better not go back to the Middle East now. She's safer with Paul in America.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by krotzkrotz

Originally posted by JoeDoaks
Luv it

This is why I voted down, it is wrong to say things like that.

We are NOT at war with all muslims. Period. Would you kick a black girl out of her community for dating a white guy? It just racist.

[edit on 27-3-2005 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   

We are NOT at war with all muslims. Period. Would you kick a black girl out of her cmmunity for dating a white guy? It just racist.

That would be racist, but this story is not. Just because the guy is....dare I say it.....a jew, then why can we not post about him? It is rather unusual for a Jew to date a Muslim, and especially one of the most influential (and Hawkish) ones in Washington. It does merit news coverage.

Please explain why the no vote? And how can you say a "less biased news source"? Firstly, all news is biased in one way or another, and secondly, are you worried about the perceived bias just because you don;t agree with it? That in itself is bias, and you are being hypocritical in voting No just because you have a different view on things to someone else.

That shouldn't distract from the newsworthyness of the story itself. If you want to apply your own spin, then vote yes, and provide your own info to back up your side, don't shoot people down just because you get upset.

(happens to me all the time, a perfectly legit news story, and it will attract no votes in 5 secs flat if it doesn't conform to someones twisted little views)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join