It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

25 things you didn't know about ISRAELI Democracy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2003 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Is it Israeli Democracy or "Jewish Democracy", you be the judge. Are you aware that:

Prior to the 1948 war, Palestinian Christians and Muslims were a two-third majority, who owned and operated 93% of Palestine's lands?

Prior to the 1948 war, most Israeli Jews were persecuted and dispossessed European Jews who made a one-third minority?

For Israel to become a "Jewish majority" it opted to expel and dispossess the two-third Palestinian majority?

80% of the Palestinian people were dispossessed from their homes, farms, and businesses for the past 54 years?

95% of Israel's lands (which is mostly owned by Palestinian refugees) are open for development to Jews only?

Israeli-Palestinian citizens live almost in segregated communities (or ghettos) because development is strictly limited outside their villages? Ironically, the word "ghetto" was invented to describe the living conditions of Eastern European Jews in Tsarist Russia!

For just being "Jewish" you gain an automatic citizenship in Israel? Plus tens of thousands of dollars in subsidies too.

Palestinian Muslims or Christians refugees, who were born in the country and later expelled, cannot gain Israeli citizenship? Of course, unless they convert to Judaism first!

Pretending to be Jewish in Israel is punishable by law with up to one year imprisonment? On the other hand, if you pretend to be a Muslim or Christian the law does you no harm!

When the Palestine problem was created by Britain in 1917, more than 92% of the population of Palestine were Arabs and that there were at that time no more than 56,000 Jews in Palestine? That Muslim, Christian, and Jewish Palestinians at that time lived in peace with each other?

Palestinians in the early 20th century owned 97.5% of the land, while Jews (native Palestinians and recent immigrants together) owned only 2.5% of the land?

Close to 4 million Palestinian Muslims and Christians are being subjected to Israeli laws that are different than the laws governing the 4.5 million Israeli Jews? Is this a "democratically" elected apartheid, or not, that is the question?

In the occupied West Bank there are "Jewish Roads" and "Non-Jewish Roads"?

Israel issues national identify cards where the religion of the card holder is clearly bolded?

Palestinians in the occupied West Bank and Gaza drive vehicles with license plates that have different coloring than the cars driven by Israeli settlers?

Palestinians in the occupied West Bank and Gaza hold ID cards that are of different colors than the cards held by Israeli settlers?

The only form of Judaism recognized by the "Jewish state" is Orthodox Judaism, so most US Jews could not get married in Israel. Furthermore, the only conversion to Judaism recognized is Orthodox, so most US converts aren't Jewish enough.

Just prior to the 1948 war, Jews owned under 7% of Palestine's land, and to increase their share after the war, they passed the "Absentees' Law" which dispossessed the Palestinian majority land owners who later became "absent". What is even more tragic was the passage of an oxymoron law, called "Present Absentees' Law," which dispossessed the Palestinian-Israeli citizens who became internal refugees in Israel. It is worth noting that the internal Jewish refugees were not dispossessed as a result of this racist law.

The U.S. funneled into the Israeli economy over 130 billion dollars, which is almost twice the amount devoted to rebuilding Western Europe after WW II!

Israeli democracy is a facade to "Jewish Democracy?"

Israel has nuclear weapons, and it was close to dropping one on Cairo in 1973?

Israeli soldiers use human shields in battle to minimize their casualties?

Israel killed over 20,000 Lebanese and Muslims (90% of whom are civilians) with American made and paid for weapons?

Ariel Sharon is under indictment in Belgium for war crimes against Palestinian civilians?

[Edited on 24-6-2003 by CoLD aNGeR]

posted on Jun, 24 2003 @ 05:45 AM
link   
That is a superb post CA, thanks very much...

Why is it I never learn of anything that makes Israel sound like a good country?

posted on Jun, 24 2003 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fantastic_Damage
That is a superb post CA, thanks very much...

Why is it I never learn of anything that makes Israel sound like a good country?

Thanks Mate!
But i have here a nice website where u can look up the story (from one side, palestinian side, is not objective to look it from one side, but u never get it, just the media-corps controlled by the zionists)
www.palestineremembered.com...

If people would really know what the israeli goverment has been doing and still doing till now, everbody will hate israel (and i do not hate israel, i believe there is kind people like in every single part of the world, people that deserves my respect) but for the zionists, people that supports their goverment or agrees with sharon they deserve to die, because is those kind of people that are making the atrocities continue and make them look like "an act of revenge" or "they had to pay"...

posted on Jun, 24 2003 @ 11:28 AM
link   
CA i would like to congratulate you for having the BALLS to say what western politicians wont

i am not anti semetic but i tell you, i loathe the state of israel

posted on Jun, 24 2003 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daystar
CA i would like to congratulate you for having the BALLS to say what western politicians wont

i am not anti semetic but i tell you, i loathe the state of israel

And as i said i am not anti semetic, but this is enough to know to understand perfectly that>
What happend between 1939 and 1945 is happening in
1948 till 2003, and now tell me who is the nazi, or the ratialist or who commits genocide?
It's more hypocrisy to the glass, what pisses me off even more is the israel flag in the white house and everywhere next to the US flag, i guess that flag doesn't represent the ideal of all america...

posted on Jun, 24 2003 @ 11:37 AM
link   
oddly enough, it isn't the Isrealis who are strapping bombs to themselves, wandering into a crowd of Palestinian civilians, and blowing themselves, and innocents to kingdom come....

Personally, for me, until the Palestinians cease believing such terrorism to be a viable method to achieve their agenda, I have absolutely zero sympathy for their plight....

posted on Jun, 24 2003 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
oddly enough, it isn't the Isrealis who are strapping bombs to themselves, wandering into a crowd of Palestinian civilians, and blowing themselves, and innocents to kingdom come....

Personally, for me, until the Palestinians cease believing such terrorism to be a viable method to achieve their agenda, I have absolutely zero sympathy for their plight....

U should know already several things Gazrok>

The islam protects the souls of those which are sacrifying their lives for protect their home, family and faith to the quoran, they will be redirected to heaven directly.

They are getting expulsed from their own land by genocide, is so small that does not have an army, nobody is helping them, we all watch the bulldozers killing even peace activists defending childs from getting killed, and trying to stop the demoloshion of the homes of the palestinians

Would you in their case knowing that doing that u go to heaven, and anyway they will kill your family, or kill you, or destroy your house and village, DESTROY YOUR LIFE, wouldn't you do something like that? They know it's impossible to fight the IDF so they do whatever is possible. And if u tell me innocents died because of the bombs but 100x more are dying in that apparheit....

posted on Jun, 24 2003 @ 11:50 AM
link   
for god sake if they just said "f*ck it" and walked on, then the world would be better off. i don't see why it's so hard. it's not like their invisible man is better than palestines invisible man. i mean god.

posted on Jun, 24 2003 @ 11:54 AM
link   

But i have here a nice website where u can look up the story (from one side, palestinian side, is not objective to look it from one side, but u never get it, just the media-corps controlled by the zionists)

Thats not really a valid excuse for you not to tell the israeli's side of the story. Every story has 2 sides, you would gain much more credibility if you looked at it from an israeli point of view.

posted on Jun, 24 2003 @ 12:22 PM
link   
You had a sterling opportunity to give the Israeli side David.
Unfortunately you peppered it with fabrications.

Excellent post CA.

Unfortunately it won't be long before the apologists and historical revisionists,of which there are many on this board, start replying.

[Edited on 24-6-2003 by John bull 1]

posted on Jun, 24 2003 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
You had a sterling opportunity to give the Israeli side David.
Unfortunately you peppered it with fabrications.

Excellent post CA.

Unfortunately it won't be long before the apologists and historical revisionists,of which there are many on this board, start replying.

[Edited on 24-6-2003 by John bull 1]

Thx
But is really sad isn't it?
What boils my blood is the people that after reading that post will tell that i am anti-semitist or a nazi or something worst...
But this is enough, i think it's time to talk seriously and talk about the things that TV or media corps are showing to us....

posted on Jun, 24 2003 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by David

Thats not really a valid excuse for you not to tell the israeli's side of the story. Every story has 2 sides, you would gain much more credibility if you looked at it from an israeli point of view.

The other side u have it in CNN and all those channels so i don't see what you mean, we always get the side of israel and not palestine, and for one time i do, u think is not credible enough?
Dude think again

posted on Jun, 24 2003 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The charge of Anti-Semtism and Nazism is sadly today nothing but a debating device used to muddy the water and derail serious debate.
Even those of us who abhor both Anti-Semitism and Nazism are accused of it.Zionists and their supporters believe that the whole humanity owes them a debt because of the holocaust.
Crimes against humanity that they commit are balanced in the minds of those sickos in this context and thus they feel that they are in some kind of Credit and can afford to commit these crimes.

posted on Jun, 24 2003 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Blah Blah Blah......
Another round of Israeli bashing (or should I say Jew bashing) veiled as objective "facts".

Propaganda is propaganda no matter what side it comes from. Claims of a pro-zionist mass media, a genocidal Irsaeli state, and acts of war crimes ring hollow in the face of suicide murderers who strike at women, children and the elderly (regardless of their race or creed).

Ariel Sharon is not under indictment at The Hague because he is not a war criminal. The same cannot be said about Yasser Arafat.

Israel has killed many "civilians". However, this point is moot when your sworn enemy (whose constitution is based on the destruction of your nation and people) does not wear a uniform and refuses to engage your military in head-to-head confrontation.

Israel uses human shields? Show me your evidence. As I recall, it is the Palestinians who regularly uses ambulances to transport suicide murderers and bomb making supplies through Israeli checkpoints. Human shields?

Yes, the Israelis have nukes. It is probably the single most important stabilizing factor in the entire middle east. As our nukes kept the peace between us the the communists.

Blah Blah Blah for the rest. If you want to cry about the injustice in the world and so forth, lets see some posts about The Congo, Nepal, and all the other places in the world where people are repressed.

The same 'ole litany of "Israel does this" or "Israel does that" grow more tired every day. They are not perfect, as we are not perfect. But we share many of the same beliefs, values and systems (democracy and capitalis to name a few).

Try something new......

P

posted on Jun, 24 2003 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Lavon affair would have been swept under the rug if it was not for internal strife

Many Americans are aware of the attack on the U.S.S. Liberty in 1967, which killed 34 Americans. Israel has always claimed that attack was a mistake. The commander of the Liberty and other survivors have no doubt the Israeli action was deliberate and premeditated. The Israelis jammed five out of six communication frequencies used by the Liberty during the attack --almost succeeding in muffling their desperate calls for help. The bombs, torpedoes and ammunition that killed those Americans were supplied by our tax dollars and our Defense industry. Even the napalm bombs that the Israelis dropped on the Liberty --horribly burning some victims-- were supplied by our government. Despite this obvious treachery, this incident has been swept under the rug by our gutless politicians. The most rational theory about the Liberty attack is that Israel planned to sink the Liberty with no survivors. Any Americans found floating with a life preserver would have been machine-gunned by Israeli patrol boats. The Israelis hoped to blame the attack on the Syrians or Egyptians so that the U.S. would be drawn into the 1967 Arab-Israeli war.

The remarkable thing about the Liberty incident is that it was NOT the only incident of Israeli treachery toward the U.S. The Lavon Affair in 1952 (Ref. 1) involved a series of bombings of American buildings in Egypt. America wanted to improve relations with Egypt, which controls the Suez Canal. The new government in Egypt was seen as potentially friendly toward the U.S. Politicians in Israel did not want improved relations between the U.S. and Egypt. They ordered Israeli agents to bomb American buildings in Egypt so that Americans would see Egypt as a nation full of anti-U.S. militants.

The Egyptians captured some of these Israeli agents when a bomb went off prematurely. The Israelis immediately began denying the incident and spinning the news as if the whole incident were a completely fabricated story by the Egyptian government. What eventually exposed the incident beyond all doubt was that there was an internal dispute inside Israel. The Israelis, who were probably guilty of planning this attack on America, attempted to blame a political enemy, Israeli Defense Minister Pinhas Lavon.

If an internal dispute had not arisen, the bombing in Egypt would have been obscured by a cloud of Israeli denials. The obvious question that arises is "How many other 'terrorist' attacks were really bombings by Israeli agents?" It is entirely possible that the Israelis set up phony al Qaeda cells in Egypt and Saudi Arabia to recruit suicide bombers to destroy skyscrapers in the U.S. There were ZERO Israelis inside the World Trade Center buildings at the time of the attack and even Jewish Americans, who normally worked there, received warnings to stay home that day. (Ref. 2) The possibility that Israel was behind the 9/11 attack MUST be taken seriously. After all there are already two well-documented cases of Israeli treachery and "the third time's the charm."

By the way
Good Post CA

posted on Jun, 24 2003 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Blah blah blah.

More anti-Israeli rhetoric by people who claim that it is wrong for others to call them ant-semetic.

Sorry dudes. If the cap fits - wear it.

Cold Anger. You've made a helluva lot of posts against the Jews in the last few days. Most of them have been illogical. Yet even so, you still claim yourself to be "just telling the truth".

Nope. I don't care what anyone else says here about the use of the word. But my friend, there is no escaping the fact - you are anti semetic.

Face the cold, hard, logical truth. It's staring you in the face.

Israel has treated the Palestinians as it has because the Arabs have sworn to destroy their state and their people.

To deny otherwise is to be blind to the truth because of your hatred.

Am I an apologist for the Jews? No more than I would be for anyone else who is being so blatantly lied about because of their race.

posted on Jun, 24 2003 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Again we see a clear lack of comprehension from john bull (who seems capable of nothing but mocking david) and CA (who obviously just doesn't like certain groups of people).

You mention how anyone jewish is granted citizenship to israel. If you weren't so busy with your head up your ass you'd understand the reason for that. During world war two there were many stories about people who escaped germany and then were sent back. Exodus ring a bell? The founders of Israel in an effort to prevent such garbage from happening again decided to establish a state in which all Jewish people would have as a refuge if such a thing happened again.

See, but that doesn't seem to matter to you. The Muslim culture appears to be the opposite. Talk to Jordanians. They didn't want the so called palestinian "refugees" (who left on their own anyways) to come in. Neither did most of the other countries in the region. It's nice to see how much they care about their "brothers" (as osama loves to say).

I could type another few paragraphs about this in support of my statement, but really why bother when your Distinct Members will only say I'm a horrible person and a liar anyways. In this world there are often asholes who have unchangeable opinions for various reasons. Nothing I can say will change that obviously.

All I can say is you're pathetic for even daring to say that suicide (homicide) bombers are acting to protect their people and will go straight to heaven. Last time I checked good people and heros don't shoot at babies and blow up pizza stores. If you differ with that opinion, you're sick. Plain and simple.

posted on Jun, 24 2003 @ 02:31 PM
link   
We're not talking against jews here, we're talking against the likud party and Ariel Sharon. ( At least i'm talking about )

posted on Jun, 24 2003 @ 02:48 PM
link   

All I can say is you're pathetic for even daring to say that suicide (homicide) bombers are acting to protect their people and will go straight to heaven. Last time I checked good people and heros don't shoot at babies and blow up pizza stores. If you differ with that opinion, you're sick. Plain and simple.

Okay, I will agree with that above stated quote but all the other stuff that was posed by others as a defense mechanism for the murderous Israeli government is quite dense if you ask me. If you people haven't noticed it isn't CA going against his brethren in Israel/Palestine, it is him going against the Israeli government. There is a big difference between being against the government of a people and the people of that government themselves.

Unfortonately when ever Israeli crimes are mentioned people who try and dispute them automatically take the position that the one who is against those crimes is against all the people within that nation. You don't hear that in America. You don't hear Americans calling the guy who dispises the Bush doctrine haters of Americans. Wonder why that is????

Probably because people can't realize that Israelis control the media and they get ALL of their news from a foreign entity. Just observe for yourself. If a news agency doesn't have Jews in it's top ranking positions than that news source is often deemed anti-Semetic. And for good reason too, cause often they are. Nonetheless the bias for Jews is so strong here in America and in Britian that one finds that the truth is often distorted or ignored by those who fail to believe it. "Blah Blah Blah" is their come back. Some arguement.

It is sad that smart people like Leveller and David fail to see that everything Cold Anger says was cold hard fact. Instead they deny these truths and struggle to come up with any viable reason for doing so. Someone mentioned that the reason Jews are allowed automatic citizenship in Israel is so the Jews would FINALLY have a home. Well yes, that is true, I don't think anyone will disagree with that. However they do disagree with the fact that the same doesn't go for the oppressed in other lands. People like the Palestinians. If the Israeli government would have opened their arms to dispossessed Arabs from Jordan and other nations of the Middle East than the situation wouldn't be half as bad as it is now.

The point Cold Anger is trying to make is that this government in Israel is corrupt. Not just corrupt, but racist, murderous, oppressive, tyrannical, ruthless, and segregationalist. How people can deny that is beyond me. They must be brainwashed.

Abraham

[Edited on 25-6-2003 by Abraham Virtue]

posted on Jun, 24 2003 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Salem has a point, and I just wish that everyone else would talk like that. There is nothing wrong with not liking a specific person, a government, but the rest of the people... every damn time it turns into generalized bullshit. I wish the rest of them could phrase things the way Salem did.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join