It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Executives tell Rep. Ellmers they want immigrants not her constituents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
So here I was thinking of having a relaxing evening and then I read this. This is irritating, no it's so maddening I almost put it in the Rant forum. Here we get the big answer to why all those executives and business leaders are pushing for amnesty for illegal aliens.

Executives tell Rep. Ellmers they want immigrants not her constituents

The political risks to the GOP of immigration were highlighted in Cary, N.C., last week, when a PR. event hosted by GOP Rep. Renee Ellmers quickly descended into an extended complaint by business leaders about supposedly uneducated, untalented and unmotivated Americans.

The videotaped session was arranged by business leaders to applaud Ellmer’s support for a proposed immigration rewrite that would increase the current annual inflow of 650,000 guest workers and 1 million immigrants into the overflowing U.S. labor pool.

Alright so she's a GOP representative who supports giving amnesty to millions of aliens who entered the country illegally and she want's to up the rate of immigration as well. The business leaders attending even applauded her for this betrayal of American citizens.

Throughout the Feb. 19 event, Ellmers tried to downplay the risks to American workers, and to the 4 million Americans who turn 18 each year, by using a series of poll-tested terms, including the “come out the shadows” euphemism for a conditional amnesty.

Because flooding the labor market with even more low wage earners couldn't possibly hurt Americans right? So what do the business leaders and other attendees have to say now?

But the business and government advocates for increased immigration quickly stripped down to the basics — they want to hire low-cost foreign workers, mostly in place of Americans.

“There’s just not a lot of folks … that are willing to go back and do jobs that need to be done,” said Scott Schaberg, the director of company relations for the Golden Corral restaurant chain.

“I’m just going to go ahead and say it — Americans won’t do that work, and for what [employers] can get those other [immigrant] folks to do it,” said Dana Cope, who heads an advocacy group for government employees, the State Employees Association of North Carolina. The extra workers are needed to generate more taxes for government agencies.

Basically that's it, Americans are lazy, they won't work for slave wages, the government is still spending too much and need more proles to fill the coffers.

Just say NO to amnesty
edit on 285pm3838pm112014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

tar and feathers.. my first thought for Ellmers.

And to use an analogy familiar.

The Vikings are Immigrants, and the Americans are the Scottish and British. Sure, the Viking Marauders were just 'looking for a better life' by pillaging lands and taking things they didn't make or grow. Maybe the Scots/Brits should have just rolled over and allowed it?

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

We are told that the market determines wages in this country, but what those at the top don't tell you is that rather than offer more money to attract what they are looking for, they would rather "rig the markets" to their benefit at this countries expense and then point the finger at everyone below them for the condition this country is in.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

jacobe001
reply to post by Bassago

We are told that the market determines wages in this country, but what those at the top don't tell you is that rather than offer more money to attract what they are looking for, they would rather "rig the markets" to their benefit at this countries expense and then point the finger at everyone below them for the condition this country is in.

That's about as perfect a description of the article as I can imagine.

Rig the (worker) market = flood the [worker) market anyway they can. Even turn a blind eye to the immigration illegalities of the low paid potential workers they can get. Who cares about American citizens anyway, let them eat (with) food-stamps.

top topics

join