It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Object Caught Next To Jupiter

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by tanka418

So just to EMPHASIZE again these reflections /flares are dependent on the lens construction. Some of us on here are pro, semi pro or long time amatuer photographers (30+ years for me) we are used to seeing these things!!!

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   

wmd_2008

So just to EMPHASIZE again these reflections /flares are dependent on the lens construction. Some of us on here are pro, semi pro or long time amatuer photographers (30+ years for me) we are used to seeing these things!!!

Along with your emphasis, I should like to confirm that you have no care or knowledge of the physics involved.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   

tanka418

wmd_2008

Along with your emphasis, I should like to confirm that you have no care or knowledge of the physics involved.

It's about OPTICS and the path of light rays which are covered by PHYSICS just so YOU know!!!

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

wmd_2008
It's about OPTICS and the path of light rays which are covered by PHYSICS just so YOU know!!!

Yes, I am very aware of the Physics involved; I was attempting to ascertain whether or not YOU were. Apparently not so much.

Yes its all about the "path" the photon takes through the lens assembly, and the angles that the photons strike a reflective surface, and the nature of that reflecting surface. You have NOT covered those bases, and seem to have a somewhat "off" understanding of what happens when the photon is reflected.

Let me just say that when photons are reflected in your lens; it is always on the longitudinal plane, and (virtually) never on the latitudinal. (just so we are clear: reflections occur on the lens' "Z" axis, and rarely on the X or Y). And, the angle at which the photon strikes the reflector is the same angle that it leave the reflector.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Don't forget that lenses are made out of glass, which refracts light as well as reflecting it. Honestly it would be quite easy to replicate some of these "UFOs" - all you need is a bright light source and an SLR. Unfortunately I lack the latter but perhaps someone else (wmd?) could have a go to demonstrate what we mean.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
many of the ufos and if the image is untouched, are dust on the sensor.

If the dust is in the glass, you see a blurry thing... but if the dust is on the sensor, you can see a sharper spot on the image. But if the ufo is very clear and u can see metalic things, I dont think you can create that without directing it, at least...

here is an example petapixel.com...

I can do that to, I have fog machines, some tree minatures, dragons.. lol but unfortunatelly I forgot to buy some ufo... Its materials that you use in close environment, product photography, but u can use to create "real" things

Here is another example. inspir3d.net...

But the only certenty about it, if are a photographer and u do this things, its hard to present a picture as a hoax in the public. Because u rasp your reputation.

And a coment about nasa images, that most of people tend to always explain with strange phenomena in the photography. (flairs, etc)

Nasa spends millions and millions in the equipment and their photos or the problems they appear in the photos, are cheaper than my mobiles camera. So I find that strange. Here bellow are some amateur astrophotography galleries. And that is strange.

www.astrophotogallery.org...
www.astropix.com...
www.nightsky.at...
edit on 5-3-2014 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join