It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court Makes Big Decision On When Cops Can Enter Your Home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
On Tuesday, The Supreme Court ruled that police may search a home without a warrant when two occupants disagree about allowing officers to enter, and the resident who refuses access is then arrested. Notice the word "occupant or occupants" not owner, or renter. Justice Samuel Alito wrote the court's 6-3 decision holding that an occupant may not object to a search when he is not at home. Is this not then breaking and entry?
Justice Samuel Alito states,"We therefore hold that an occupant who is absent due to a lawful detention or arrest stands in the same shoes as an occupant who is absent for any other reason."
The court ruled 5-3 in 2006 that when two occupants who disagree about letting the police in are present, the objecting occupant prevails. Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg joined by Justices Elena Kagan and Sonia Sotomayor, took issue with the notion.
The American people, have lost again.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by snypwsd

I'm no mod, but I bet they direct the discussion here: abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by snypwsd

Wow, there is no need for warrants for anything now.

People are getting killed by drones with out having the chance to a fair trial.

houses can be searched if you refuse access.

You can get a DUI even if you are not drunk.

You can get harrased and arrested by cops if you film them.

You get arrested and thrown in jail for Jaywalking.

You can be unlawfuly detained by police.

Police are getting trained and suited up as if they are military personal.

Cops harrass other cops for doing their job by pulling over speeders, even if they are cops them selves.

and there are still people that say that America is not a police state, that list can go on and on as most of us on ats can add to it.

Why dont you Americans move up to Canada? Seriously get over the pride thing, You will have a much better life; I can garentee that.

You can either continue to live in a police state or move somewhere so you can build a future instead of worrying about the present all the time.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Elton
reply to post by snypwsd

I'm no mod, but I bet they direct the discussion here: abovetopsecret.com

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

top topics

join