It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Venezuelan Revolution Now Has a Face : General Vivas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
The man has balls and the people is with him. I think Maduro is in trouble now.

Neighbors of the retired General Angel Vivas Venezuelan army, entrenched with a rifle from Sunday at his home in Caracas, have erected barricades near the home of the military to keep order becomes effective capture weighing against him.

Even yesterday attacked the vehicles of dozens of effective Bolivarian Intelligence Service (Sebin) who were stationed outside the house Vivas to force him to surrender. In the end, the agents decided to leave. However, people is alert, fearing to return at any time.

On Saturday, Vivas was accused by President Nicolas Maduro to train radical groups placed barricades in the streets as part of the opposition student protests that have shaken Venezuela nearly three weeks ago and have left 13 dead in separate incidents.

The next day Vivas reported through his Twitter account that his house was being surrounded by police who wanted to stop him and said that will not be delivered and will use its self-defense. Almost immediately began to circulate pictures where you see the military bulletproof vest and armed with a gun on top of his house.

He said : "The genocidal dictatorship traitor of the HOMELAND wants to leave me incommunicated to then attack my house, I will use my right to self-defense".

elcomercio.pe...

edit on 24-2-2014 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-2-2014 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I hope hes not just another power hungry hackneyed puppet of the" United fruit company"...CIA,.....or anyone else......

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Venezuela is rising against the oppresion of their government, I wish we , in Argentina, would do the same, since our president looks up to Chavez and Maduro. Go go Venezuela! and thank you very much for updating the info, their are scared their connection to the internet will get cut off, just like Ukrainians are.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Yes governments are well aware of the power of world opinion now.....
The Internet being the "voice of the people" I think it must be included in constitutional guarantees like free speech etc...

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

There are a lot of things that Chavez and Maduro's government are doing that are not quite legal in the constitution of venezuela. They would just add stuff into it with enough loopholes as to break it in time of need.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Hmmmm I hope he doesn't impose a military junta like the ones the Argies used to have.
edit on 24-2-2014 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Vivas la revolution?

Genius and clearly a puppet with a name like that

new topics

top topics

join