It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police officers throw jogging women to ground, the coming trend.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Four cops needed to take down a young female jaywalker? Are you serious?

More and more we are seeing a police force that needs to be dealt with and re-examined. They are not about protecting us, that has been stated in various other places. They are about enforcing laws and generating revenue for irresponsible local governments.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by tigertatzen

I can see all your points..and don't be too shocked, but I agree with you on all but 1. That 1 would be the idea they had real business out there writing jaywalking tickets to escalate into arrests in the first place. Quality of Life crimes...as I believe they're called, and I understand the reasoning for enforcing them at times and in situations. I'd sure be interested in knowing if they had some major issue out there (Like a death to spur this) or just figured tagging the yuppie crowd, who are likely to have no problem and every reason to just pay a ticket and not fight it, made easy targets?

As you know, I'd imagine, but others may not...If they get someone too feisty or rich, or too personally concerned...to court it will go, and they get to show up on days off the same as not, if that's when the Robed One schedules the docket for that B.S. citation hearing. It makes for selective enforcement, which I saw on the truck and all over the country that way.

So once they decided to tag her on a Quality of Life offense....fine, she did escalate. Was it necessary to even start the process though? Perhaps I'm spoiled in a city where traffic enforcement is generally based on doing something profoundly stupid to stand out ...not stake out ticket traps waiting for what they know the common people do, as a common practice. (the number written before her, that day, tends to indicate the ticket trap they had running that day)
edit on 24-2-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

i believe we've found a winner!!! well said.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Pfft, people habitually jaywalk out in front of the PD station in my area, as do the cops coming & going from it. It may be illegal, but they don't seem to enforce it much. It's not a heavily traveled road, so that may have something to do with it, the breaks between traffic batches can be a while, therefore there's little risk to jaywalk there if you're paying attention to traffic patterns.

That said, she screwed herself by being a belligerent arse. If you get caught breaking a minor law, then your best bet is to be cooperative, courteous and polite, not resist & throw a hissy fit. Manners, woman, they'd have been a benefit.
edit on 2/24/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

top topics

<< 1   >>

join