It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yulia Tymoshenko freed : More chaos in the Ukraine?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Big news as Yulia Tymoshenko freed

Who is positioning for what?
I don't know wtf is going on in the Ukraine, but this is big news.

www.theaustralian.com.au...

UKRAINIAN protesters have seized control of the capital Kiev in a historic cascade of events. Jailed opposition icon Yulia Tymoshenko has walked free while marginalised President Viktor Yanukovych is defiantly claiming he still wields power.

The situation in the ex-Soviet nation - deeply divided between aspirations towards the European Union and loyalty to Russia - was still fluid and uncertainty reigned over whether the opposition had definitively triumphed over Mr Yanukovych on a day of high drama exactly three months into the country's crisis.

www.euronews.com...

And why was Tymoshenko imprisoned?

en.wikipedia.org...

Since May 2010 a number of criminal cases were brought against Tymoshenko.[271][272] On June 24, 2011, a trial started in the “gas case”, concerning a contract with Russian gas company Gazprom to supply natural gas to Ukraine, which had been signed in 2009. Tymoshenko was charged with abuse of power and embezzlement, as the allegedly biased court found the deal anti-economic for the country and abusive.

edit on 22-2-2014 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by cuckooold

EU/petro dollar vs BRIC nations,Russia vs NATO expansion,controll of the black sea and Russia's natural gas monopoly on Europe,more/less?.. probably
edit on 22-2-2014 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by cuckooold

I agree... WTF is going on there?

Is this the start of the Euorpe spring?

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
She has already stated she has no plans to return to politics (Prime Minister).

edit on 24-2-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

cuckooold
Who is positioning for what?
I don't know wtf is going on in the Ukraine, but this is big news.

Aljazeera English had a very good 2 part (may have been 3) documentary last month, which i cant remember the name of now but it dealt with all the events of the last 10+ years that lead to the recent Ukrainian protests just last month. Dealt with the Prime Minister who was poisoned with radioactive material in his food and the imprisonment of Tymoshenko.

Basicly it all came down to the Russian petroleum Oligarchs (and the Russian goernment) doing every thing it could to get a pro-Russian government into the Ukrainian parliament. Thats the one thing I can praise the American government for, when it pulls that sort of bollocks its at least a lot less transparent... if you could call that a compliment.

Its always Oil... always about the bloody Oil.

Why do the people and families with ties to Oil think they somehow have the right to control the damn planet.

While Tymoshenko was hardly a saint, she seemed to be a decent politician and wanted the best for the Ukraine... unfortunately, that wasnt what Russia wanted. While shes released, id still bet they will have her lined up for removal if she so much as blinks in the wrong direction, granted if she was the situation would sky rocket out of control more than it already is.

top topics

join